Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:10:30 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What brought you to this forum? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What brought you to this forum?  (Read 10185 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: February 19, 2011, 04:57:09 AM »

For me-my wife Tara Sue bought a computer.Before that-I knew zero about computers. I was an old school geek-going back to my Creature Feature and Famous Monsters childhood. When I did get online-I joined a site called Monsters Among Us-it crashed.Then The BMMB (Stomp Tokyo board),buncha stuck ups.No sense of humor. Real hardcore geeks. Argue about Highlander kinda geeks, Which is fine. Not for me-(OH I got banned from them-not sure why.I never-wellyeah-I went apes**t on line-but not against a person-I ragged a movie in plain languge. f**kin p***ys.)
I was looking for a nice forum fo the movies I like-B Movies-I was blown away when I found Andrew's labor of love. Micheal (PSYCHOTRONIC magazine)Weldon has nothing on our mighty leader. Im looking forward to a BAD MOVIES book. Howzabout it,Andrew"-I would buy it!
OK-back on topic-how did you find this site-and why did you decide to post on this forum? Question Eh? Eh wha?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 10:16:58 AM »

Saw a handwritten message on a men's room wall which read "For a good time call Andrew", along with some reference to a body part I can't post on this forum, followed by the website address. TongueOut

Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »

Saw a handwritten message on a men's room wall which read "For a good time call Andrew", along with some reference to a body part I can't post on this forum, followed by the website address. TongueOut
I finished all the reviews, and got curious. Never went back

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
dean

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »

I was looking for wav samples to fill out a song I was working on and made my way through the site.  Then like herpes, I just couldn't get rid of the place

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »

I used to lurk here and read Andrew's reviews for years before I signed up and starting posting. I was a regular at the old Space: The Imagination Station's MB in Canada where I first talked with Andrew Kidd who I think gave me the first link I followed to this site. Anyways Andrew also posted at a place called Scifilm.org along with its webmaster Gerry and another old Badmovies regular named Chadzilla. Anyways I became a regular poster at Scifilm for years and I also posted at the IMDB and Sinister Cinema back in the day where I met a number of other like-minded posters, some who posted on nearly every other board. When Scifilm was closed down by Gerry, I tried several other places to post but none felt as right as badmovies.org (although I'm also a regular at Wormwood Chronicles Wormboard which totally rocks too IMO). Some went to the the monster kid Classic Horror forum, some to the Wormboard, some to Sinister whose board eventually went under. I've known several people from several boards and actually messaged Andrew for the first time at the IMDB. Later he'd also post at Scifilm. Chadzilla posted at both Scifilm and badmovies.org as did Flangepart, Trekgeezer, Menard, Gerry and several others. Eventually allhallowsday, another old Scifilm regular came over here and once I started seeing posts from RC, Raffine, Rev. Powell, Ash, Mofo, Susan and several others, I thought this place was pretty cool and I've been posting here pretty much since.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »

Someone I know IMd the link for this place. I've nejoyed this forum  ever since.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 03:55:38 PM »

I found links to this site while reading movie reviews on other sites.  I read the reviews here and I liked the RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE TO.. or RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT entries, as well as the "things I learned from this movie" insert which invited such silly commentary.  Great setup, so I decided to try my reviewing "skills" with this particular template.  Then I discovered lots of fun threads to comment in and have stuck around diligently since.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 03:58:58 PM »

I was really into watching B-Grade horror movies (mostly inspired by MS3K) and I wanted to find a forum that I could share my love with.  One quick Google later, I found Badmovies.org, read some of the (amazing) reviews, and, about a month later, got up the courage to make an account.  Of all the forums I've been a member on, this one is the best. Thumbup
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »

I was always doing internet searches for reviews of "bad" movies, trying to decide what to see next.  And what NOT to see.  Didn't take long before I found this place  TeddyR 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 05:28:28 PM »

I was looking up info on the movie Squirm after it popped up on Animal Planet's Most Extreme series and found my way here.  Then I lost the site for a couple of years and then rediscovered it when Andrew posted his The Being review on the site.  I officially joined in August of 2008.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 06:14:10 PM »

I was living in Canada, married to a man who turned out to be a complete @rsehole.  I wasn't working due to no work visa, had no money, no friends, no way home for a long time and spent my days and most of my nights surfing the net.

I followed a link from, I think, an article about movies in the Calgary newspaper online.  I ended up having so much fun on here that I never looked back   Cheers

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:28 PM »

I've been lurking this site since time began. Doggett's destiny is to protect and watch over this site and its followers.

Only making my presence known a few years back.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »

Reviews of some crazy b-movies, I.E. Manos, Slugs, The Brain from Planet Arous..... TongueOut
Also, something about free Root Beer and that horrible stench from South Africa.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:47:56 PM by Chris M. » Logged

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 11:13:48 PM »

I think it was from someone on another site called WrestleCrap, forget if it was an ad or a member who had posted about it.  That site revels in the bad characters and storylines of pro wrestling and has a movie thread dedicated to the b-movies reviewed here.  So I clicked the link, read some reviews and joined.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 12:10:29 AM »

I was searching for different stuff on the movie Monster (aka Monstroid) and found and read the review here.  Then I lurked at the forum for a little bit and thought, "I'm home."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What brought you to this forum? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.