Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:34:08 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What brought you to this forum? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What brought you to this forum?  (Read 10327 times)
claws
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »

Someone I know PMd the link for this place. I've enjoyed this forum  ever since.

Exactly what brought me here too.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 12:32:51 AM »

I was looking for B-movie sites one day in the summer of 2007 and stumbled across this place.  Started reading reviews, then posts in the forum, then I joined.  Never have looked back!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 02:04:16 AM »

In the late '90s I was attending school at DeVry, and in the lab we had computers with internet access. Instead of doing my work, I would browse to this site and watch the ridiculous b-movie clips. In the late '90s, video clips were a rarity.

I then started making my way through all the reviews, and eventually found my way to the forum. I started posting, and in those days the forum was small enough that I could read every single entry posted.

I made some friends, and at some point Andrew asked for help proofing his reviews and I was one of the people he picked.

I've never been a very prolific poster, but I've been here for over ten years, and will be around for as long as the site is in existence. I really do think this community here is something special; glad to have met you all, other statements of good will...

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 03:52:59 AM »

I was looking up info on the movie "bad taste"

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
theedinburghbteam
Dedicated Viewer

Bringing the trash home!

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 05:25:15 AM »

I got into B-movies properly around 3 years ago, and when amassing my collection and planning the Edinburgh B-Team, this place was a mecca for me. I've tried other b-review websites, but the reviews on here explain the films in exactly the way I watch them: What ridiculous s**t happens, is there gratuitous violence/boobs, is it actually amazing or dull? When choosing films to show to people who aren't into these kinda films, these factors are massively important. The Edinburgh B-Team would not still be running if it wasn't for this place!

So whilst I've used the website for a number of years, I've only appeared on the forums the last few months as I didn't realise it existed. But I am glad I have, as not only is this a friendly and fun community (somewhat of a rarity in online geekdom), but y'all know what you're talking about.

Go you guys!

The Edinburgh B-Team! B-Movie double bill, every Monday at the Jekyll & Hyde Pub, Hanover Street, Edinburgh, Scotland! 7pm onwards! Free entry and free popcorn!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 04:17:25 AM »

Saw a handwritten message on a men's room wall which read "For a good time call Andrew", along with some reference to a body part I can't post on this forum, followed by the website address. TongueOut

ROFLMAO!! TeddyR TeddyR

Sorry, Andrew but  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 04:20:23 AM »

Almost like ghouck's: I was googling for info on Billy Jack and a link led me here. I came, I saw, I stayed.*  Cheers

* And I found a family as well.  Smile Smile
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:39:41 AM by Trevor » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 04:42:28 AM »

What ridiculous s**t happens.

Everytime in those movies we all love.  Wink

not only is this a friendly and fun community (somewhat of a rarity in online geekdom)

That is the truth of this place right there.  Thumbup TeddyR

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 11:03:12 AM »

The "What Was That Film" board is exactly what brought me here. I was trying to remember a film I had seen as a kid that turned out to be Psychomania. The board had my query figured out within an hour, and I figured that a board of such impressive geekdom deserved a look-see. So I gave the site a good look-see, generally liked what I saw, and have been posting habitually ever since.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 12:46:46 AM »

One night I just happened across the site and read some of Andrew's reviews.  I laughed hard, repeatedly, and then I checked the forum out.

The manners of the place impressed me.  This is easily the most friendly forum I've ever seen on the internet, and I've lurked a lot of forums in 15 years.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 07:18:21 AM »

I laughed hard, repeatedly

That is the usual result of reading Andrew's reviews: they make you laugh and then make you want to see the film ~ my reaction to his RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A MORON! in The Spirit actually made me watch the thing and pay for it too.  TeddyR

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 08:52:53 AM »

I love reviews of bad movies. I was googling to find more reviews so I had something to do in between Nostalgia Critic videos. I found the reviews on this site and read up. Then I found the big "Forum" button on the top. I started out as "Keeper Of The B-List" and informed people on the "Bad Movie" forum of bad new films coming out...... Still nobody told me what they think of Raging Bull II. (YES. It IS real!)

Eventually I looked into "Off Topic Discussion", now I freaking LOVE this place!

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 09:19:26 AM »

Still nobody told me what they think of Raging Bull II. (YES. It IS real!)

Yes it is: www.imdb.com/title/tt1148205

Vik
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 04:45:09 AM »

Jimmybob
Couchtr26

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 01:57:58 PM »

Search engine and lurked for sometime.  Then thought it would be best I try to contribute in some way so signed up for the forum and have been here since except a few months were I was dealing with some things. 

Ah, the good old days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What brought you to this forum? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.