Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:35:44 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  It's a Loch Ness Monster . . . but not in Loch Ness! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's a Loch Ness Monster . . . but not in Loch Ness!  (Read 3599 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: February 21, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »

A Kayaker snapped a photo of a large creature swimming on the surface of a lake in England . . . pretty cool looking.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/strange/article_212350005.shtml

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »

Hmm....it seems that once again, the interest in sea creatures is rekindled, and again, there's something in the water, but noone knows what it is. Add to it, the fact that there's not enough evidence to prove or disprove their existence either way.

It's like the natural world is toying with man, giving us just enough to go on while leaving the rest of it for us to figure out on whatever we have to go on, which isn't a whole hella lot.

Knowing there are people out there all-too-willing and able to cash in on it also raises the bar for more skepticism.

However, the ocean and water in general gives the oppurtunity for new and unusual species to be born, and for these creatures to evolve, so while we're speaking now, a true sea monster may be growing at the bottom of the sea, or a dark Scottish loch. 

We will never completely figure out the natural world, or all of it's wonders.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »

Wow!  A picture of ... something.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:57:42 AM »

Oh the hoaxes and money!

I'm betting this is probably another trick, with a not so incredulous reporter looking to make something out of nothing. The huxsters and the reporters are a bit of a symbiotic breed.

It's a shame we have to bring up tired old stores like Nessie. Remember the rediscovery of the coelacanth? The real world has quite a lot of stuff we haven't noticed yet. No need for goofy one-off stories, there are amazing organisms out there we know nothing about.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »

I don't really discredit the existence of sea creatures seeing so much of the ocean is unexplored.  Still, I have seen more things in the water and immediately discredit it as a log.  Too many people  assume its a prehistoric animal.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »

When I saw an image from Yahoo, I thought it was 4 turtles swimming together.  Question

yeah no.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:50:27 AM »

I don't really discredit the existence of sea creatures seeing so much of the ocean is unexplored.  Still, I have seen more things in the water and immediately discredit it as a log.  Too many people  assume its a prehistoric animal.

The re-discovery of the Ceolocanth comes to mind.  One was found in the early 1900's in Africa, and another in the Japanese ocean only a few years back.  This was thought to be extinct and made quite a stir when it was found to not be the case.

The ocean will always be the last great frontier. Like space, it cannot be totally charted  and\or explored.  Add that the water is the basic necessity for all life, and who knows what wild and wonderful species will surface in the years to come?

Giant creatures aren't out of the question in any way shape or form.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »

I wouldn't get too into this loch ness monster phenomenon. At first it's all cool when suddenly spotting the strange creature. But then it starts following you everywhere whilst begging for tree-fiddy.

Goddamnit! I work hard for my money! Get your own goddamn tree-fiddy!  Hatred TeddyR TongueOut
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 05:29:58 AM »

Out in the ocean you might be able to find something.  In something as contained as a lake, I'm skeptical.  A creature of that size would have to eat a large portion of food to stay alive.  Not to mention that large reptiles eventually have to surface for oxygen.  I think we would have had conclusive evidence of one in a lake by now. 
  It would be plausible in Loch Ness, since there's a river draining out to sea and sea life like salmon and anguilar eels do migrate in from time to time, except that the water temperature is a tad cold for a reptile.  I do think one cryptozoologist hypothesized that it was an older breed of whale like something more closely related to Ambulocetus.

However, I still think it would be awesome if we did find any ancient marine animal.  TeddyR
I've always wanted a pet Zeuglodon or Kronosaurus.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »

Out in the ocean you might be able to find something.  In something as contained as a lake, I'm skeptical.  A creature of that size would have to eat a large portion of food to stay alive.  Not to mention that large reptiles eventually have to surface for oxygen.  I think we would have had conclusive evidence of one in a lake by now. 
  It would be plausible in Loch Ness, since there's a river draining out to sea and sea life like salmon and anguilar eels do migrate in from time to time, except that the water temperature is a tad cold for a reptile.  I do think one cryptozoologist hypothesized that it was an older breed of whale like something more closely related to Ambulocetus.

However, I still think it would be awesome if we did find any ancient marine animal.  TeddyR
I've always wanted a pet Zeuglodon or Kronosaurus.

Haha, I've always wanted a pet Anguirus myself.  Make him about the size of a Great Dane and walk him around on a leash.  Or maybe a Dino-Croc like the one in the old Sci-Fi channel movie-they remind me of the Daedroths from Elders Scrolls 4:Oblivion.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  It's a Loch Ness Monster . . . but not in Loch Ness! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.