Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:12:58 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Barber Shops « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Barber Shops  (Read 6414 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 04:37:13 PM »

Me ?
Haircut ?

BounceGiggle

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 04:53:09 PM »

My father took me to a barber named Mr. Yohei for my first few years of haircuts.  He had a kids chair shaped like a horse!

After he died, it was the militrary barber for years.  Then I just had to go to fancier places in high school, then I lost hair interest, and hair.  I now go to the barber for a buzz or have my wife do it if the kids allow every 6 weeks or so.

A quick google shows me the place still exisit 30+years later!

Next tiem I'm there I may have to get a cut.
0Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »

So, how many guys with shaved heads are there on this board anyway? The subject has come up, but I don't think we've ever gotten a complete count. There have to be at least four or five board regulars who keep shaved, and more who have done it occasionally or just once.

Keep in mind that by my definition, nothing is shaved if you haven't used a razor on it.
I'm curious too. I would recommend a new thread, fellow baldy.
I never Bic my hair bald but I do butch it from time to time with no clipper attachment. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 05:25:04 PM »

Side note aside from shaved heads, is there anyone out there (aside Ghouck who we know sports one of few afromullets) that has worked an odd haircut?  What kind of haircuts have you sported in the past?

As a kid I sported the standard boy's haircut with it parted to one side.  That got old for me in the late 80s so I opted for a spiked hair cut.

I tried looking for a men's hair chart online but couldn't really find a good one.  Can someone find one to post?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »

There are still a number of old fashioned barbershops around where I live, and when I need a haircut and a shave I go to one. I must say, the only thing I hate more than getting my hair cut, is going to the doctor. Thus, now that I am retired I go alot less frequently then I did, when I was working. Actually, the only thing that does get me into the barber's chair is my passport photo, where I'm clean-shaven and have short hair. Thus, when I fly out of the country, which is about twice a year, and I need my passport, I think it's a good idea to look like my passport photo and get a shave and haircut. Otherwise I just let my hair and beard grow out.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 07:02:29 PM »

Me ?
Haircut ?

BounceGiggle
Ditto, totally.  It has been probably 3 years since I had one.  I like it long in the back to compensate for nothing on top.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »

Side note aside from shaved heads, is there anyone out there (aside Ghouck who we know sports one of few afromullets) that has worked an odd haircut?  What kind of haircuts have you sported in the past?

As a kid I sported the standard boy's haircut with it parted to one side.  That got old for me in the late 80s so I opted for a spiked hair cut.

I tried looking for a men's hair chart online but couldn't really find a good one.  Can someone find one to post?

Back when I was 18 or so, I had a mullet of Billy Ray Cyrus proportions. Prior to that, I'd mostly done the feathered, centre-parted 80s do, about collar length, then just combed straight back. From the mullet, I went spiky on top, and gradually shorter in the back, to a modest flattop, then to a flattop with whitewalls (what the barber called "to the wood"), and from there to an all-over buzz. I was a bit curious about shaving my head, but didn't quite have the nerve to do it. Finally, when I was about 23, I came home a little bit liquored up one Saturday night, and I just figured what the hell. That was in the fall. Between the cooling weather and being very self-conscious (there is a big difference between a quarter-inch of hair and no hair if you've never done it before), I grew it right back. I didn't try keeping it shaved until the following summer. And I've pretty much been bald ever since.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 01:06:41 AM »

Never had the experience of getting my hair cut at a typical barber. Only hair salons where I grew up.
My niece is a hair stylist so I get minor but professional trimming every 2 1/2 months or so.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:21:36 AM by claws » Logged
claws
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »

Side note aside from shaved heads, is there anyone out there (aside Ghouck who we know sports one of few afromullets) that has worked an odd haircut?  What kind of haircuts have you sported in the past?

As a kid I sported the standard boy's haircut with it parted to one side.  That got old for me in the late 80s so I opted for a spiked hair cut.

I tried looking for a men's hair chart online but couldn't really find a good one.  Can someone find one to post?

In the late 80s I sported the St. Paul haircut. Pretty much like this:

with dyed strains  TeddyR

I shaved my head once but it was totally not my look. My hair these days are pretty much collar length including my bangs. I never leave the house without a ponytail though.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 05:05:20 AM »

I haven't set foot in a salon or barber shop since late 2002. 
It kinda sucks because this cute married thirty-something Vietnamese woman used to cut my hair and she always made me look good.  I miss talking to her and her husband while I sat in her barber chair.  Sometimes her elderly mother would be there and speak only in Vietnamese while looking at me.  Made me wonder what they were saying.  I asked once and was told, "She says you're going bald." 

On Superbowl Sunday 2003, my head, which had been losing hair for the past year, was shaved by two girls who convinced me to do it.  They shaved it all off and it looked pretty good!
I've been shaving it ever since.  With a razor and shaving cream. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:10:13 AM by Ash » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 05:21:07 AM »

and more who have done it occasionally or just once.

I count among the occasionals.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 07:13:53 AM »

the feathered, centre-parted 80s do, about collar length, then just combed straight back.

That's my style today.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 10:09:06 AM »

So, how many guys with shaved heads are there on this board anyway? The subject has come up, but I don't think we've ever gotten a complete count. There have to be at least four or five board regulars who keep shaved, and more who have done it occasionally or just once.

Keep in mind that by my definition, nothing is shaved if you haven't used a razor on it.

I'm curious too. I would recommend a new thread, fellow baldy.

Done. I've put up a poll.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Barber Shops « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.