Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:43:37 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Dumb Moments in Good Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dumb Moments in Good Movies  (Read 19726 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »

The make-out scene in Gone in Sixty Seconds (1999)- Nick Cage and Angelina Julie(?) making out in a car, during a car theft is just plain dumb! Thumbdown

yeah no.
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »

The make-out scene in Gone in Sixty Seconds (1999)- Nick Cage and Angelina Julie(?) making out in a car, during a car theft is just plain dumb! Thumbdown

Punch yourself in the face everytime people have sex at inappropriate times. You'll be bludgeoned to death.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »

In Predators when Topher Grace's character finally reveals himself to be an evil guy he literally gets killed seconds later. In fact his character acting all innocent when everyone who was summonded to the planet is a bad ass was incredibly stupid.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 03:44:51 PM »

SPOILERS!!!!

I thought that Bill's death in Kill Bill vol. 2 was pretty weak.  Too much set up and not enough pay off.  But then again, supposedly that's what some people like about it.

Ah well. Lookingup
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »

SPOILERS!!!!

I thought that Bill's death in Kill Bill vol. 2 was pretty weak.  Too much set up and not enough pay off.  But then again, supposedly that's what some people like about it.

Ah well. Lookingup

I thought the death itself could have been better, but the set up scene where everything is revealed, including her daughter being alive, I thought was well done. I liked both Kill Bills, but it was wierd how the Vol. I had so much more and bigger action than Vol. 2. It was done the opposite of what you might expect, like the development should have been more in the first and the action in the second. It was oddly composed. Maybe that's part of the reason I liked it.

I understand some of the reasons people don't like QT, but I still like him.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 08:48:04 PM »

I thought the death itself could have been better, but the set up scene where everything is revealed, including her daughter being alive, I thought was well done. I liked both Kill Bills, but it was wierd how the Vol. I had so much more and bigger action than Vol. 2. It was done the opposite of what you might expect, like the development should have been more in the first and the action in the second. It was oddly composed. Maybe that's part of the reason I liked it.

Oh, I love QT and both Kill Bill films.  I just thought that the death itself was a little....anti-climatic (?).  Other than that, I did like the scene building up.

As for the way the movies were done, I do like the style of having the action first and development second.  Honestly, after seeing both KB 1&2 I really wanted more movies to be like that.  It's just that Bill's death annoyed me.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »

James Bond films have a lot of dumb moments.  Particularly the villains who instead of shooting Bond in the head plans an elaborate death and walk away.  Of course this is all part of the Bond awesomeness but still, its kind of silly.  I love when they parodied this in Austin Powers btw.

I think any situation where a villain has a chance to shoot the good guy in the head in doesn't is kind of stupid.  Good guys will always wear a flack jacket under their clothes.

Yes. This always drives me nuts when I watch the Bonds movies. When you have him dead to rights shoot him not reveal your evil scheme!
What's the point of being an evil mastermind if you can't gloat in front of your nemesis? 
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »

Star trek 2: When kirk dumped khan and co. on ceti alpha 5, he didn't make a note to have starfleet enter that information in a database to warn people not to go to that planet? Riiiight. Starfleet should have declared it a no go zone, and at least put some sensor satellites in orbit.

Also, the enterprises engineering section didn't have radiation suits geared to handle the radiation in the dilithium chamber? Yeah, great engineering, guys.

Their poor engineering killed Spock. How's that for you?

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 12:35:47 PM »

Oh, I love QT and both Kill Bill films.  I just thought that the death itself was a little....anti-climatic (?).  Other than that, I did like the scene building up.

As for the way the movies were done, I do like the style of having the action first and development second.  Honestly, after seeing both KB 1&2 I really wanted more movies to be like that.  It's just that Bill's death annoyed me.

I guess we're in closer agreement than I realized then.  Cheers

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Dumb Moments in Good Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.