Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:20:35 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Caller (by Arthur Allan Seidelman) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Caller (by Arthur Allan Seidelman)  (Read 1180 times)
arcadeaction
Dedicated Viewer

« on: February 26, 2011, 02:25:14 PM »

Hi,

I'm new here, but not very new to bad movies... I've been a long-time fan of B-movies , I even started my own website some months ago dedicated to my little hobby. Generally I am not into the too obscure stuff, more into the Sci-Fi Channel original movies and most releases by The Asylum.  I have been visiting this site for years, but never really thought of joining the forum earlier. Well, that changed today ;-)

I was wondering: Does anybody know the movie "The Caller" starring  Malcolm McDowell and Madolyn Smith Osborne (literary... there are no other actors in the movie!). It was released in 1987 by Empire Pictures. I thought it was a very strange movie... especially the more than bizarre ending (which I won't spoil of course!)

There is a review on my site and some screencaps, but I can't link to them I think, because I am a new forum-member.

Was just wondering if anybody knows this one...  Would love to hear opinions, etc. from others.
As far as I know it is still not released on DVD to this day, while it was released on homevideo in the '80s.

Would anybody be willing to verify if it is available on NetFlix for example? I am based in Europe (The Netherlands to be more precise), so no Netflix here I'm afraid.

Best regards, Vincent
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »

Missed this post months ago.  Anyway, the movie's definitely not on Netflix.  MGM just recently began selling it on DVD-R.  I haven't seen the movie but I notice it was produced by Charles Band.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »

I know you can't directly link to your site, but could you give the name to it so we could find it?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Caller (by Arthur Allan Seidelman) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.