Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:17:09 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch  (Read 45829 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2012, 01:03:46 AM »

I watched the movie for the fifth time tonight, and I got to witness the defloration of a SUCKER PUNCH virgin - my friend Jerry is spending the night and he had never seen the film. I don't think he will ever forget it!! Once more I am overwhelmed with love and admiration for Zack Snyder for making this wonderful cinematic LSD trip of a movie!

If Pablo Picasso, Heironymous Bosch, and Ed Wood collaborated on a movie, they might make something almost as good as SUCKER PUNCH.  But it would not be anywhere near as bizarre.

Have I mentioned that I really like this movie??? TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rictras Shard
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2012, 08:22:12 AM »

I couldn't make it through thirty minutes of this dreck. I can't remember the last time I was this disapointed about a movie.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »

Not everyone appreciates Zombie Triplane Existentialist philosophy!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2012, 12:27:16 AM »

Every time I'm about to give this a go another negative opinion pops up and I abandon my viewing plans  BounceGiggle

Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2012, 01:09:34 AM »

So I'm pretty sure I hated this movie.  I saw the blu-ray on sale for $5.00 and I kept feeling compelled to buy it.  I did.  It's the extended cut so maybe it's better?  Perhaps I was in the wrong mood when I saw it?  Maybe my love of Carla Gugino guided me?  I don't know, but it's still unopened and I'm still unsure of it.

Jaer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »

I watched the movie for the fifth time tonight, and I got to witness the defloration of a SUCKER PUNCH virgin - my friend Jerry is spending the night and he had never seen the film. I don't think he will ever forget it!! Once more I am overwhelmed with love and admiration for Zack Snyder for making this wonderful cinematic LSD trip of a movie!

If Pablo Picasso, Heironymous Bosch, and Ed Wood collaborated on a movie, they might make something almost as good as SUCKER PUNCH.  But it would not be anywhere near as bizarre.

Have I mentioned that I really like this movie??? TeddyR

We're still the only ones!

I will admit, that if you watch just a snip of this movie, that would likely be the action scenes, and those do make it look like a CGI girl-exploiting action-fest. But, as I posted before, I find a lot more depth in the in-between, in the play of realities. I rewatched this with my wife a while back, and still found it haunting. She was confused by it, but overall enjoyed it--but then when I started explaining my view, she was impressed by the depth of the layers of reality that she hadn't considered.

If you don't want to give the movie that consideration for whatever reason, fine. But it is there.

I've talked about the movie to a few people--most of whom didn't give it much thought and passed it off as just an action flick. I usually begin the discussion with this:

The scene at the end has the lead psychologist recount all of Baby's actions in the hospital. At no time does she mention any girls dying. Orderly Blue (as opposed to Club Owner Blue) does not have the power to kill three girls and then disappear them out of the hospital. So in the real world, those three girls did not die. What happened to them? Why did they "die" in the club fantasy?

That usually sparks some interesting consideration. Realizing that not everything that happened in the club matches 1-to-1 with what happened in the hospital is the beginning.

If you really care to consider it.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »

I finally watched the extended Director's Cut of this movie tonight.
What an incredible film!  I's about 20 minutes longer, with extended fight scenes (especially the one with the orcs and the dragon!), plus a big musical number at Blue's "club" and a great dialogue between Baby Doll and the High Roller that really puts the ending of the movie in perspective.  My love for this movie remains undiminished after six viewings now, and the extended cut made it even better.

I understand that different people have different tastes, and that not everyone can love this film as much as I do.

Poor people.  I feel sorry for them!

SUCKER PUNCH rocks!!!!!!

messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2013, 08:23:30 AM »

Stayed away from this movie for a long time, but finally decided to watch it about a month ago.
Just wow...wouldn't say this is Snyders best movie...far from it, but it's just so damn fun. Would have loved to see this in a packed theater with some buddies. Not to forget the phenomenal Soundtrack.

Javakoala
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2014, 12:52:37 AM »

I finally watched this tonight.

For years, I have held The Matrix as a marker for the depths of wasted money, time and technical ability. Before that, it was The Lost Boys. Then I watched Man Of Steel, but it only held the low water mark for a few weeks.

Sucker Punch is the new low mark. Irritating, vapid, bloated, tedious...I don't even want this thing in my apartment. If my current girlfriend doesn't want it, it will be the first movie that I have ever put into the shredder.

After sitting through this, 300, Man Of Steel and the unneeded remake of Dawn Of The Dead, I do not feel the need to ever watch Watchmen. I used to hate Tony Scott as a director, but his worthless drivel is Oscar-worthy compared to Zach Snyder. I'm tempted to suggest Snyder follow in Scott's footsteps, but I wouldn't want to divert the police and cleanup crews from more useful work.

I went to IMDb to see...I don't know, SOMETHING to ease the headache this movie caused. People started talking about "layers on top of layers". Diarrhea layered over impacted stool?

I'm going back to my crap movies from the 80s and earlier. At least back then they KNEW they were creating crap and didn't try to justify awfulness as art.

Indy, I have great respect for you, but this is one movie I will have to agree to disagree on. I know this is a massive favorite of yours.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2014, 09:39:30 AM »

Sometimes one viewing is simply not enough.  If you watch it five or six more times, you will be enlightened.
Come . . . join us . . . . we all float down here! TeddyR Cheers

Javakoala
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2014, 09:59:34 AM »

Sometimes one viewing is simply not enough.  If you watch it five or six more times, you will be enlightened.
Come . . . join us . . . . we all float down here! TeddyR Cheers

Thanks for the offer, but if I have to chose between watching this (at this point, ANY Zach Snyder film) and blowing up the world, y'all better kiss yer butts goodbye.

And given my thoughts on this movie, I know what else is floating with you down there. I'll throw you a gas mask, Indy!  BounceGiggle
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2014, 11:29:43 AM »

"To those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the sheltered will never taste."

Javakoala
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »

"To those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the sheltered will never taste."

Nice try, Indy. Given that line may have been written by Zach Snyder, I wouldn't lend it much much credibility. When he has to hock all his worldly goods to make a movie that no one believes in, I might buy it.

I must say it was good to see Scott Glenn in a fairly substantial role. There, I said something nice about the movie. Stop trying to assimilate me into the Borg/Sucker Punch Hive.  Twirling
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2014, 05:47:33 PM »

Resistance is futile.

"You have all the weapons you need.  NOW FIGHT!" BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Javakoala
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »

Indy, did you just suggest I use my skills to start a grassroots campaign to get Hollywood to blacklist Zach Snyder? That's the best idea I've heard.

Thank you, sir!   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.