Main Menu

DRIVE ANGRY (2011)

Started by The Burgomaster, February 26, 2011, 05:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

First of all, this is a TERRIBLE movie.  But for some reason, I found it to be very entertaining and when it was over I was glad I saw it.  Go figure.

I don't want to give away too much, but I will say the theatrical trailers don't even scratch the surface of what this movie is about.

This movie is sort of a cross between RACE WITH THE DEVIL and GHOST RIDER, with over-the-top action and violence similar to MACHETE.

Nicolas Cage plays his usual droopy-eyed, deadpan, monotone character.

Some of the 3-D effects are very well done.

This is B-movie trash of the highest order, so don't blame me if you see it and hate it.  There's plenty of dumbness from beginning to end.  But, like I said, I found it to be weirdly entertaining.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Hammock Rider

Thanks, I was wondering about this one. I'll probably catch a matinee.
Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat

Jim H

I was going to go see this with friends, but I don't go to 3D films anymore (after eventually deciding paying more to enjoy a movie less was a bad idea), and NO ONE HERE in St. Louis is showing it in 2d.  Lame.

Guess I'll wait til DVD...

The Burgomaster

Quote from: Jim H on March 01, 2011, 04:05:13 AM
I was going to go see this with friends, but I don't go to 3D films anymore (after eventually deciding paying more to enjoy a movie less was a bad idea), and NO ONE HERE in St. Louis is showing it in 2d.  Lame.

Guess I'll wait til DVD...

The 3-D effects are among the very few reasons to see this.  In 2-D it will be a mega-stinker.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."