Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:36:53 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Best Song on the PMRC's "Filthy Fifteen" List « previous next »
Poll
Question: What is the best song that made the PMRC angry?
Motley Crue-Bastard - 1 (3.8%)
Prince-Darling Nikki - 2 (7.7%)
Sheena Easton-Sugar Walls - 2 (7.7%)
W.A.S.P.-Animal (F*** Like A Beast) - 3 (11.5%)
Mercyful Fate-Into the Coven - 2 (7.7%)
Vanity-Strap On Robby Baby - 1 (3.8%)
Def Leppard-High 'n' Dry - 1 (3.8%)
Twisted Sister-We're Not Gonna Take It - 4 (15.4%)
Madonna-Dress You Up - 0 (0%)
AC/DC-Let Me Put My Love Into You - 4 (15.4%)
Judas Priest-Eat Me Alive - 1 (3.8%)
Black Sabbath-Trashed - 1 (3.8%)
Mary Jane Girls-In My House - 0 (0%)
Venom-Possessed - 2 (7.7%)
Cyndi Lauper-She Bop - 2 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best Song on the PMRC's "Filthy Fifteen" List  (Read 7513 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 27, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »

For those not familiar with the PMRC or its infamous list, allow me to explain to the best of my abilities:

Way back in the 80's, when Ronald Reagan was inaugurated as president of the United States and when slasher films became the most popular horror subgenre of the decade, there was a parent organization called the PMRC (or "Parent's Music Resource Center").

The group, led by Al Gore's then wife Tipper Gore, dedicated their lives to attempt to censor musical artists (mainly heavy metal bands) that they believed were corrupting the youth of America with their "outrageoulsy filthy" music and lyrics. During their crusade, in the mid-eighties, the PMRC made a list consisting of fifteen songs that they deemed were the most offensive (hence the name "The Filthy Fifteen").

If you have listened to any of these songs or support the artists that made them, feel free to vote for your favourite "filthy" composition on the list.

voltron

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »

I had to go with good ole' Venom because the kick some serious ass. It's funny beacause I was of age during the whole PMRC debacle, I can recall a piece written in Metal Maniacs where in some certain place in the states where they had a heavy metal task force, so to speak where they would arrest metalheads, cut their hair and try to "reeducate them" of their EEVIL ways. :)
When I was in junior high school, there was this incident where a church was vandalised and guess who got the finger pointed at them? Me and my friends because we were the only metalheads around - they questioned the "good" preppy kids about this and that's where it all stemmed from. Turth is, the preppy kids were the ones who were heavy into drinking and drugs rather than my friends, which is a little ironic to say the least. Actually, the cops went to my friends door and questioned his parents, who pretty much told them where to go. Fun, fun times back in the 80s for metalheads, I tell ya!  Smile

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
claws
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »

Sheena Easton's Sugar Walls no doubt. I still blush whenever I play Sugar Walls  Buggedout  Wink
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »

"We're Not Gonna Take It"?  What???  That's one of the most harmless songs ever.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 06:48:59 AM »

Just a quick side note: To hear/see some really interesting stuff, look up PMRC hearings on Youtube. John Denver gave a great testimony against the PMRC cause. So  did several others.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 07:20:30 AM »

Went with AC/DC as that's a really good song.  Sabbath's Trashed is another old favorite.  Also like Prince's Darling Nikki and Lauper's She Bop. 

I don't get the Twisted Sister song either, it's a tongue-in-cheek "rebel against authority" thing, with nothing remotely filthy about it.

All of those songs would rate about a 1 on a scale of 1-100 compared to today's stuff.  I guess their industry cleanup didn't accomplish much.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 11:52:04 AM »

Darling Nikki kinds of makes me laugh when I hear it.  Prince wastes no time going into talking about masturbation. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:43:06 AM »

I had to go with good ole' Venom because the kick some serious ass. It's funny beacause I was of age during the whole PMRC debacle, I can recall a piece written in Metal Maniacs where in some certain place in the states where they had a heavy metal task force, so to speak where they would arrest metalheads, cut their hair and try to "reeducate them" of their EEVIL ways. :)
When I was in junior high school, there was this incident where a church was vandalised and guess who got the finger pointed at them? Me and my friends because we were the only metalheads around - they questioned the "good" preppy kids about this and that's where it all stemmed from. Turth is, the preppy kids were the ones who were heavy into drinking and drugs rather than my friends, which is a little ironic to say the least. Actually, the cops went to my friends door and questioned his parents, who pretty much told them where to go. Fun, fun times back in the 80s for metalheads, I tell ya!  Smile

I,too was a "metal head" and punk rock fan in the 80's. I loved Metal Maniacs (previously Thrash Metal magazine)!
Yeah-we were in the minority around here too. I found it funny that all the graffiti on dumpsters (pentagrams,anarchy signs,swastikas....etc,typical airhead teenage junk) was blamed on metalhead Satan cults. Any road kill was a Satanic sacrifice! Me and my freinds liked our music,had longhair and the usual band tees,a drank quite a lot....but didnt worship satan or hurt anyone. We were just regular folks. We drank no more (and probably less!) than most of the rednecks who came stumbling out of the bars.
They even had an articale in the local newspaper showing the various Satanic symbols to watch for as signs of devil cult activity in your area! (ie-upside down crosses,the anarchy "A",pentagram,swastika,even the Dead Kennedy "DK" logo among them! Ridiculous.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 12:43:40 PM »

even the Dead Kennedy "DK" logo among them! Ridiculous.)

jello biafra sparring with tipper gore on oprah winfrey
Small | Large
there's 2 more parts but he basically owns her  Thumbup

voted ACDC love that song. the 'ballad' of back in black (well, kind of...)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »

what a wasted effort all this was.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »

what a wasted effort all this was.

Question

Are you talking about the thread or what the PMRC tried to accomplish?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 05:22:03 PM »

lol sorry. I meant what the pmrc was trying to do. The thread is a fine effort
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

Darling Nikki kinds of makes me laugh when I hear it.  Prince wastes no time going into talking about masturbation. 
Neither do you.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 09:04:11 PM »

Weren't they great times for us metalheads? I was of age during the whole 80's thing too, and continued dressing metal until well into 2003 when I was 39.  Demin, leather, hair, boots, everything.

And like most metalheads, I too got the treatment one way or another.

Sometime I'll have to tell you about the time I returned a lost purse to the counter of my local Shop-Rite, and got the treatment over the way I was dressed, including the innuendo that I might  have helped myself to something in it before I returned it  Hatred

I mean, a 6'1 210+ pound guy looking like he should be on a Harley couldn't possibly return a lost item to the courtesy counter w\o helping himself to what's inside, could he?   Lookingup

About Al and Tipper Gore and the PMRC.  Warning-political statement inbound:

The PMRC was a great piece of hypocrisy. Left-Wing libs trying to clamp down on Free Speech and create a nanny state for music and the entire industry?  I thought they were all for F.O.S. and the right of people to say what they want. There again that was only when it suited them...

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »

I hope that the PMRC realized that by giving these bands all this negative puplicity, they made them even more popular.  Lookingup
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Best Song on the PMRC's "Filthy Fifteen" List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.