Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:52:24 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Karma system is bothering me... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Karma system is bothering me...  (Read 32153 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:50 PM »

As an aside, Lester was not always the easygoing, uncontroversial, apolitical character you see before you today.  He used to be quite argumentative and opinionated.  In all seriousness, he deserves to be commended for toning it down.  He's learned how to argue his points with more civility and without resorting to name calling and I think he's quite a bit more persuasive now. 

lester1/2jr is the only person whos ever smited me.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. He also smited ghouck for the same reason he did me.  BounceGiggle

Yeah I saw that. I'm not sure why he smited you. "You're no fun" isn't a suitable explanation. I don't get it. Question

Me and ghouck didn't approve of a site as much as Lester did.

He did say he was feeling a bit sensitive that day though.

Poor baby.  Wink

I've never been booed and I want it to stay that way. I try to be nice to everyone.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:42 PM »

As an aside, Lester was not always the easygoing, uncontroversial, apolitical character you see before you today.  He used to be quite argumentative and opinionated.  In all seriousness, he deserves to be commended for toning it down.  He's learned how to argue his points with more civility and without resorting to name calling and I think he's quite a bit more persuasive now. 

Not that I'm bitter or anything. He also smited ghouck for the same reason he did me.  BounceGiggle

Yeah I saw that. I'm not sure why he smited you. "You're no fun" isn't a suitable explanation. I don't get it. Question

Poor baby.  Wink

I've never been booed and I want it to stay that way. I try to be nice to everyone.

Except Justin Beiber.  Wink

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 02:12:05 PM »

Poor baby.  Wink

Except Justin Beiber.  Wink

Justin Beiber isn't man enough to handle this site !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »

Poor baby.  Wink

You have now.  TongueOut

Feel honored; you are in an elite group with WireDick and the 'Nube.

I'll applaud you when the time limit expires.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »

Poor baby.  Wink

You have now.  TongueOut

I'll give you karma tomorrow, AJ, to make up for Menard behaving, well, like Menard...
 Lookingup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 04:05:49 PM »

Poor baby.  Wink

You have now.  TongueOut

I'll give you karma tomorrow, AJ, to make up for Menard behaving, well, like Menard...
 Lookingup

If I wasn't such a nice guy I'd boo him back.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »

Menard gives but does not receive . . .
I got a ton of negs when I first logged on here; since we started requiring reasons for smitage I think I have only gotten a few, and most of those were from Judge Death, a flaming liberal jerk who has since departed the premises.  I don't give a ton of negs, although every now and then Lester and I disagree enough that I've dinged him.  Not in awhile, though.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »

...I've never been booed and I want it to stay that way. I try to be nice to everyone.
You're not nice to WyreWizard.  

...If I wasn't such a nice guy I'd boo him back.
You can't knock Menard.

...I do, however, like how AllHallowsDay is the only member who is on the top 5 of both lists. I don't know why I'm impressed by this.
I take great pride in that fact now.  Smile Thumbup  I never enjoyed getting smited, and had even been the target of a karma assassination plot!  Then, I had planned to ditch my karma at 300 or 500, but later decided that karma was the singular gauge for the value of one's contribution to this forum.  I just couldn't ditch all of those comments and links of what others thought of my writing, which is what perpetually draws me to this forum.  The opportunity to write thoughts, responses, and wisecracks.  Our webmaster Andrew shut off his karma from day one, rightly so as the originator, RCMerchant followed for his own reasons, Menard, perhaps others, followed suit.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:26:11 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 09:00:27 PM »

I don't like booing people but I do like to find as many spammers as possible to boo. WyreWizard may not have been a spammer but his trollish comments earned him 2 smitings from me.

Right now the person who does the most booing on this site is Circus Circus. He smites the s**t out of spammers. Keep it up!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »

I like watching my karma go up . . . and occasionally down.
I hope to one day be on both lists too; right now I am only on the negative one!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 09:05:30 PM »

I like watching my karma go up . . . and occasionally down.
I hope to one day be on both lists too; right now I am only on the negative one!

Your karma is 777. I'm not changing that.  TeddyR

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 10:55:09 PM »

Fortunately I haven't been smited too much.  A few times.  Forget who.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
claws
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 01:05:06 AM »

Would be nice if this Karma thing was optional. I'm not a fan of it and I stop using it some time ago. Not that I (ab)used it very much to begin with.
To me it represents a popularity contest and I don't feel comfortable being "rated" (or judged?).
Since I can't turn it off I guess I'll have to live with it, though.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:25:17 AM by claws » Logged
dean

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 07:01:23 AM »

You can turn it off, not sure how though, you'll have to ask those who are unsmiteable like RC or Menard.  They've undergone the procedure.   Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 07:55:58 AM »

You can turn it off, not sure how though, you'll have to ask those who are unsmiteable like RC or Menard.  They've undergone the procedure.   Thumbup

Of course, let's be clear here.  Ronnie asked that his karma be disabled not because he did not want to be smited, but because his POSITIVE karma was growing by leaps and bounds, very quickly.

I think the universe would implode and end in a puff of white pancake makeup dust if anyone boo'd Ronnie.  That would just NOT be right at all...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Karma system is bothering me... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.