Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:53:37 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things You Can't Un-hear « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Things You Can't Un-hear  (Read 13461 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: March 04, 2011, 11:24:35 AM »

"What does he mean by that?"

I mean, do you ever have those things in life when you hear something, usually in a song but not necessarily, and you hear it wrong or make a change out of it to make a joke because the word sounds similar to something else and from that point forward you will never hear it the same again?

Example: Whenever I hear the song "Freefallin'" by Tom Petty, I can't hear it as anything but "Freeballin." It's so bad that I can even try my hardest to hear it as it's intended, but it still sounds like "freeballin.'"

Here's a more recent one: Anybody who has pre-school age kids can probably relate to this one. Nick Jr. has this character that comes on between shows called Moose A. Moose who sings songs or does a matching game or teaches a lesson or something like that. Every month there is a theme and an accompanying song for that month. April will have a song about Spring, October a song about Halloween, etc. As a parent, you will hear the song at least 2 dozen times throughout the month. Last month was some song about animal friends called "Critter Comrades." The last line of the chorus goes:

"Feathers, fins, or fur, when you're feeling bad
Nothing cheers you up like a critter comrade."

The first time I hear the song my wife said "doesn't it sound like he's saying 'nothing cheers you up like a critter gone bad?'"

All February long I couldn't hear it any other way, then of course every time I hear it I picture a sad person being cheered up by a crazy dog tearing up the house.

Ah, parenthood can drive you a little nuts sometimes.

Anybody know what the hell I'm talking about?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:26:45 AM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:36:28 AM »

Gypsies, tramps, and thieves!
The people of the town
That's what they'd call us!
Gypsies, tramps, and thieves!
But every night the men would come around,
And lay the money down.

What I heard:

Gypsy chimpanzees!
The people of the town
That's what they'd call us!
Gypsy chimpanzees!
But every night the men would come around,
And lay the monkey down.

I like my version better.  Thumbup

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »

Here's a more recent one: Anybody who has pre-school age kids can probably relate to this one. Nick Jr. has this character that comes on between shows called Moose A. Moose who sings songs or does a matching game or teaches a lesson or something like that. Every month there is a theme and an accompanying song for that month. April will have a song about Spring, October a song about Halloween, etc. As a parent, you will hear the song at least 2 dozen times throughout the month. Last month was some song about animal friends called "Critter Comrades." The last line of the chorus goes:

"Feathers, fins, or fur, when you're feeling bad
Nothing cheers you up like a critter comrade."

The first time I hear the song my wife said "doesn't it sound like he's saying 'nothing cheers you up like a critter gone bad?'"

All February long I couldn't hear it any other way, then of course every time I hear it I picture a sad person being cheered up by a crazy dog tearing up the house.

Ah, parenthood can drive you a little nuts sometimes.

Anybody know what the hell I'm talking about?

Nick Jr is drilled through my house with three kids.  I know of the Moose you speak of.  Anyhow, the NiHao Ki-lan (sp?) they have the mini song they sing when a problem comes up.

When there is a problem and you don't know what to do
First you say you're sorry and help to fix it too

I however sing the last line...
"Sit down on the toilet and take a poop..."

I'm proud to say my 5 year old sings it like that now. 

We had a thread somewhere on here about misheard song lyrics or song lyrics you make up.  I do that all the time.  The part of "All Apologies" towards the end where they sing "All in all is all we are..." I always sign "Alan Alda is a whore..."

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »

The part of "All Apologies" towards the end where they sing "All in all is all we are..." I always sign "Alan Alda is a whore..."

I never even knew what was being said in the first place. News to me. I always imagined it said "Oh no, an Oreo."

Now I know what it really says. Thanks.  Cheers

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 01:48:48 PM »

In the song "This is Halloween" from "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

One verse is "Round that corner bend, hiding the trash can."

But what I heard was "Round that corner, man. Hiding in the trash can." I thought they were saying "Man" instead of "Bend" as if they were addressing the viewer as "Man". Don't know how that came to be.

Also in some video games you can't hear what somebody is saying. Like in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 I can't hear Albert Wesker's quote when he uses his Super Combo due to too much noise.

"Watch what you say... You're worth nothing to me!"
or is it...
"Whatever you say... Is worth nothing to me!"

I can't really tell.

People need to annunciate

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »

I sing "f*cked up personality" for Living Color's  "Cult Of Personality" and thats due to Shadow mentioning a coworker signs it that way. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »

Example: Whenever I hear the song "Freefallin'" by Tom Petty, I can't hear it as anything but "Freeballin." It's so bad that I can even try my hardest to hear it as it's intended, but it still sounds like "freeballin.'"

I used to call it "boob ballin'", which is slang for cleavage sex.  TeddyR 

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »

"Blinded by the light!  Wrapped up like a douche into the rumor in the night!  Blinded by the light!"  
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Paquita

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »

"Blinded by the light!  Wrapped up like a douche into the rumor in the night!  Blinded by the light!"  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-GqYkwjTM

Don't forget our favorite part about how "Little Early Birdie gave my anus curly whirly"!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »

ME TOO! But heard... "Revved-up like a douche." I always thought they were saying "Douche". BounceGiggle

flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »

For the past 10 years I've been thinking that when Eric Clapton was singing Layla, I thought he was singing tainted love!.
Small | Large

You can make fun of me now.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »

My littlest daughter got a totally annoying (is there any other kind?) talking Elmo doll last Christmas.

It often will yell "yippie ki yi yay!" when you jiggle it.

My mild-mannered wife, a friend, AND I each independently admitted that we cannot help but mentally complete the line from Die Hard when we hear it.  (Each of us thought of this before telling the others about it.)  BounceGiggle

("Yippie ki yi yay, MF!")
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »

My littlest daughter got a totally annoying (is there any other kind?) talking Elmo doll last Christmas.

It often will yell "yippie ki yi yay!" when you jiggle it.

My mild-mannered wife, a friend, AND I each independently admitted that we cannot help but mentally complete the line from Die Hard when we hear it.  (Each of us thought of this before telling the others about it.)  BounceGiggle

("Yippie ki yi yay, MF!")

Oh man, my son had a talking Elmo (not the same one you have as it never said "yippee ki yay") and that thing drove me nuts. It was the only thing that would calm him down when he was extremely upset between 18 months about about 2 1/2 years. I'm so glad he's past that phase and on to playing with cars.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »

BAD NEWS BEARS (original)

In the scene where Amanda is playing air hockey against Kelly Leak, Kelly asks Amanda what he gets if he wins.  She replies, "Name it."  For years, I thought she said, "Lay me."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pilgermann

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 03:10:44 PM »

Yup, I was gonna go with "wrapped up like a douche" as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things You Can't Un-hear « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.