Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:42:09 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things You Can't Un-hear « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Things You Can't Un-hear  (Read 13465 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 09:05:17 AM »

When I was a kid, I heard the song America sung by Trini Lopez ~ I heard the line "I like to be in America" as "I like to pee in America". *ducks shoes* TeddyR

I pee in America all the time.  It's actually quite convenient.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »

When I was a kid, I heard the song America sung by Trini Lopez ~ I heard the line "I like to be in America" as "I like to pee in America". *ducks shoes* TeddyR

TeddyR TeddyR

You are welcome to come and pee in South Africa anytime. Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 10:27:17 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Sure.  Maybe we can "hang out" together . . .  Buggedout

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »

"Blinded by the light!  Wrapped up like a douche into the rumor in the night!  Blinded by the light!"  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-GqYkwjTM

I always thought it was "wrapped up like a douche" too, but also thought the next line was "get a boner every night." 

Sort of an obscure one here, dunno if anyone is familiar with the speed-metal band Helloween around here, but they have a song called "Perfect Gentleman" (on their 1994 album "Master of the Rings," where a lyric states "I am the genuine man..." However, with the singer's thick-as-hell Germanic accent it sounds like "I am the John Wayne Man," and that's the way I sing that line to this very day.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 01:09:20 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Sure.  Maybe we can "hang out" together . . .  Buggedout

Buggedout Buggedout TongueOut Wink Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »

Okay, so with the onset of Christmas, I've been hearing plenty of Christmas music. I've heard Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee a gazillion times in my life. I don't care how many times I hear that song, I cannot hear the line "later we'll have some pumpkin pie and we'll do some carolling" without it sounding like "f**kin' pie." It's just the way Brenda Lee sang that line, I can never hear it any other way. I'm always filled with two conflicting feelings: amusement and a small sense of shame for perverting a classic Christmas song with profanity. I just can't help it. Does anybody else do that with this song? To me it is so obvious sounding that it's hard to imagine anybody NOT doing it, but maybe I'm just a perverted a***ole.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 02:39:44 PM »

Oh, and here's another one. Here in the states there is this Christmas commercial for T-Mobile (the one with the hot brunette spokesperson) that has the song "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" being sung by a bunch of elves, but instead they sing "walking in a 4G wonderland." Except it doesn't sound like they're singing "4G." Instead, it sounds like they're singing "walking in a orgy wonderland." I've talked to several people about this and they all thought the same thing. It's one of those things where the people who made the commercial HAVE to be aware of this.

In case you haven't seen it, here it is. I defy you to hear it any other way.

Small | Large

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »

Years ago, there was a commercial for Jif, with two women in the kitchen discussing (and tasting) the product. I'm certain the ad copy read, "Jif tastes more like fresh peanuts!", but I (and others) were certain the woman said,

Jif tastes more like fresh penis!"
When I see a jar of Jif, I hear that in my head.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 03:42:19 PM »

My younger brother thought the line in "Bad Moon Rising" said,

"There's the bathroom, on the right!"

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »

That's funny. I played bass for a cover band a long time ago and we played that song. A bar we played at had the restrooms to the right of the stage when looking from the audience side. We immediately came to the agreement to put that line in and motion toward the bathrooms when we sang it.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 04:37:38 PM »

That's funny. I played bass for a cover band a long time ago and we played that song. A bar we played at had the restrooms to the right of the stage when looking from the audience side. We immediately came to the agreement to put that line in and motion toward the bathrooms when we sang it.

BounceGiggle Brilliant!

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »

Give that man a....

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »

Flick, you must sue this girl!

Small | Large

^ Also, that's possibly the worst youtube video I've ever seen.

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 02:25:02 AM »

Watch and listen as nearly every line of this song sounds like something else.  I like the misheard (or mis-sung?) lines better than the actual lyrics.  My favorite is the part where he sings about knowing why Jesus tears off his turban.
 BounceGiggle

Small | Large

Were Cocker and Springsteen separated at birth? BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:30:23 AM by the ghoul » Logged
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »

For 19 years, I thought this was called "phenomena", and thus would go "Doo-dooo da doo doo!" every time I mentioned the Dario Argento movie. I only found out the truth a few months ago.
Small | Large

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things You Can't Un-hear « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.