Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:48:01 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Alien movies vs Predator movies « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which are the best?
Alien - 19 (28.8%)
Aliens - 19 (28.8%)
Alien 3 - 4 (6.1%)
Alien Resurrection - 2 (3%)
Predator - 13 (19.7%)
Predator 2 - 6 (9.1%)
Predators - 3 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Alien movies vs Predator movies  (Read 7919 times)
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 09:48:30 AM »

I loved all 3 Alien films. I thought 1 and 2 were better than 3 though. I even enjoyed Alien vs. Predator.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 10:35:56 AM »

I loved all 3 Alien films. I thought 1 and 2 were better than 3 though. I even enjoyed Alien vs. Predator.

Well, I've got some bad news for you...
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 08:57:56 AM »

Well, I've got some bad news for you...

Yeah, I know there was more than 3 Alien movies, but I always consider them to be a trilogy. Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 is how I see it. It's much the same way as I consider the Indiana Jones trilogy, Die Hard trilogy or original Star Wars trilogy (yeah I know) to be separate from more recent versions/spinoffs.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »

The original Alien and the original Predator I've watched many times and enjoy a great deal. Aliens is almost as high on my list.

Both Alien 3 and Resurrection have their good points, and I don't mind either of them. Same with Predator 2. I didn't vote for them because I don't consider them nearly as good as their predecessors.

Predators and the AVP movies are crap. I think the Predator, as a movie monster, has gone downhill more than the Alien, and really had more potential to do so. For four movies, the Alien remained a tough, vicious, intelligent but mostly instinct-driven monster that the protagonists needed to kill and corporate types wanted to possess. The Predator managed to go two movies as a mysterious alien hunter who flew in to bag armed humans as trophies. Then it started to suffer the curse of virtually every cool monster or alien since the 1970s - fanboys started to ask questions and others felt compelled to answer them. The Predators got a history and a culture and a proper name and a social structure. Jeez, I hate that. Am I the only one who thinks mysterious characters are better if they remain mysterious?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
akiratubo

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 04:03:52 PM »

I think the Predator, as a movie monster, has gone downhill more than the Alien

Absolutely.  Predators pretty much finished off any remaining coolness the Predators may have had as characters.  The Predators have gone from dangerous monsters who could single-handedly slaughter the most elite special forces team in the world to a bunch of chumps, three of whom couldn't even take down a motley collection of thugs.  The "super Predators" from Predators were fools and wimps, even worse than the loser Predators from the first AVP.  One of them gets killed by a human wielding a friggin' sword!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »

I voted Aliens only. Not that I don't like any of the others, but that's the only one of those that I truly love.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 08:02:42 PM »

I think Weaver looked her best in Alien Resurrection.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 08:21:55 PM »

Somewhat related - This evening, my daughter saw a picture of the Alien for the first time. She was looking at the video shelf, and the box caught her eye, so she pulled it out and looked at it.

She thinks the Alien is cute. Remember, this is a kid who has loved dinosaurs since she could pronounce the word.

I then had to explain that the movies are very scary, and she's not old enough to watch them. This, in turn, led her to ask how they could be scary when the monster isn't scary looking. Rather than explain that the Aliens kill people rather gruesomely, I told her it was past her bedtime. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 02:33:31 AM »

Somewhat related - This evening, my daughter saw a picture of the Alien for the first time. She was looking at the video shelf, and the box caught her eye, so she pulled it out and looked at it.

She thinks the Alien is cute. TeddyR

Nice. Hahaha.

voltron

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »

I voted for Aliens. I actually like it better than the first one. I've seen Predator, but it didn't really leave a lasting impression on me.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »

I was always more of a Preadtor fan (original 2 only) than Aliens.  The Predator is far more interesting in a sense he/she/it can think and has intelligence. 

But sorry Doggett, I like AR so I voted for it.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »

Alien.
That's about it. Sorry, I'm not even a fan of the second one. Don't dislike it, just don't care for it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:04:25 PM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »

ALL are good but some are stronger than others.  Alien, Aliens and Predators are the strong ones IMO. 

I would watch ALL of them.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Alien movies vs Predator movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.