Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:15:46 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Old Sci-Fi Movies about Aliens Underground « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old Sci-Fi Movies about Aliens Underground  (Read 10454 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: March 09, 2011, 05:28:47 PM »

Okay here are two items that I recently discoverd I have vague memories of seeing on tv as a child. Both of them involve aliens under the ground.

#1: This one seems like it fits many a sci-fi flick from the 50's, maybe as late as the mid-60's. I don't have a plot-line, sorry, but it involves a race of aliens living underneath the surface of either Mars or our moon, I'm not sure which. I think I remember the use of stop-motion animation in it, but I can't be sure. I think it involves a manned expedition and the discovery of these aliens living underneath the surface, but I don't know if they were Martians per se, but given the timeframe of the movie they probably were Martians. I mean, weren't almost ALL aliens Martians back then?

#2: This one seems like it came more from early 60's. I remember a movie where there was an alien space ship, or even multiple ones, underneath the surface of Earth. I think I remember them being inhabited by aliens, as opposed to being empty like the ones in the 2005 War of the Worlds that had been sitting empty until the aliens came to invade and rode lighting into them. I also think I remember it being in color, but I'm totally not sure about that one. Again, I don't have a plot to provide, so, sorry about being so vague.

Anyway, any leads?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »

Okay here are two items that I recently discoverd I have vague memories of seeing on tv as a child. Both of them involve aliens under the ground.

#1: This one seems like it fits many a sci-fi flick from the 50's, maybe as late as the mid-60's. I don't have a plot-line, sorry, but it involves a race of aliens living underneath the surface of either Mars or our moon, I'm not sure which. I think I remember the use of stop-motion animation in it, but I can't be sure. I think it involves a manned expedition and the discovery of these aliens living underneath the surface, but I don't know if they were Martians per se, but given the timeframe of the movie they probably were Martians. I mean, weren't almost ALL aliens Martians back then?

#2: This one seems like it came more from early 60's. I remember a movie where there was an alien space ship, or even multiple ones, underneath the surface of Earth. I think I remember them being inhabited by aliens, as opposed to being empty like the ones in the 2005 War of the Worlds that had been sitting empty until the aliens came to invade and rode lighting into them. I also think I remember it being in color, but I'm totally not sure about that one. Again, I don't have a plot to provide, so, sorry about being so vague.

Anyway, any leads?

Re: #1 First Men In The Moon 1964 based on an HG Wells story?

Hold onto your dreams ....
Jitters
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »

Two movies come to mind: The Mole People and The Time Machine (1960).  Who knows if either of these is what you're after, but good luck!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:20:33 PM »

I suspect the following two:

1. First Men in the Moon (as silverlady already said)
2. Quatermass and the Pit (AKA: Five Million Years To Earth)

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »

I suspect the following two:

1. First Men in the Moon (as silverlady already said)
2. Quatermass and the Pit (AKA: Five Million Years To Earth)

Amazing! Thank you silverlady and Jase, #1 is spot on. That's the one.

As for Quatermas and the Pit, I don't know, I'll have to check it out and see. It could be. That memory is buried a bit more and I only have vague images in my head and not enough plot-line to know if it's correct. I could only tell by watching and seeing if any of the scenes match my memory.

Anyway, thanks a bunch on First Men in the Moon. It makes sense it was based on H.G. Wells, as my memory has that kind of vibe to it. Sadly, not on NetFlix streaming. Oh well.

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »

Flick, could #2 be INVADERS FROM MARS 1953?  This is the one with the kid who wakes up in the middle of the night to see a spaceship come down and disappear over a hillside. He tells everyone what he had seen but no one believes him.  Soon the townspeople start disappearing and quickly return, changed, with little implants in the back of their necks. As the movie goes on, there are tunnels underground with 8 foot martians stumbling around following the orders of their leader. Their leader, basically looks like a head in a glass sphere. At the end of the movie, the kid thinks it was all a dream, but then wakes up again in the middle of the night and the whole thing starts all over again.

Hold onto your dreams ....
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 09:50:20 AM »

Flick, could #2 be INVADERS FROM MARS 1953?  This is the one with the kid who wakes up in the middle of the night to see a spaceship come down and disappear over a hillside. He tells everyone what he had seen but no one believes him.  Soon the townspeople start disappearing and quickly return, changed, with little implants in the back of their necks. As the movie goes on, there are tunnels underground with 8 foot martians stumbling around following the orders of their leader. Their leader, basically looks like a head in a glass sphere. At the end of the movie, the kid thinks it was all a dream, but then wakes up again in the middle of the night and the whole thing starts all over again.

Silverlady, you are the queen! I'll have to watch the movie, but I'm pretty sure that's it. The plot mentions the flying saucer burying itself in a sandpit, and I thought I remembered something about it being under sand. And the head in the glass sphere, that just came flooding back. Looking at a picture of the movie poster, there's a redheaded ginger kid on it that reminds me of the freckled overweight ginger kid from The Sandlot. And this was a fairly big sci-fi movie, not a super-B like Robot Monster or something like that. I can't believe the only time I've ever seen it is when I was 6 or 7.

You can count this thread as solved.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Old Sci-Fi Movies about Aliens Underground « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.