Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:35:15 PM
714362 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lamberto Bava's DEMONS (1985) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lamberto Bava's DEMONS (1985)  (Read 3484 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 17, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »

DEMONS!

Small | Large

Lambero Bava...(son of Mario) directed this in 1985. Whatta gory mess! Blood,pus,green Demon spit, eye gouging, throat ripping, brain crushing, finger smashing....YOW!

Oh yeah...theres a story to back up all this mayhem. A weird theater is showing a weird movie about "the coming of the Demons"...and of course,members of the audiance start to transform into raving,insane monsters. A couple of hookers are the first to transform,...and soon most everyone  are drooling aqua marine bile and ripping throats out. Plus you get...
.A guy onna motor cycle with a big-ass sword hacking monsters.
.A helicopter crashing through a ceiling...for no apparent reason...other than it helps the good guys get out...and to chop a coupla monsters up with the blades.
.Punks snorting coke
.80*s Heavy Metal
 ...and one of the BEST Claudio (GOBLIN) Simonetti soundtracks EVER!!!

WATCH IT!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 06:25:19 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »

Anytime I want to show people the ultimate Deus Ex Machina, I just show them the helicopter scene in the auditorium.   Thumbup

Fun flick!

The sequel is crap though IMO.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 07:42:06 AM »

Gotta love that theme music.  You can do your high-impact aerobics routine AND get a scare out of the movie - all at the same time!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:04:40 AM »

Man, they threw some s**t in the blender and let'er rip there.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 06:30:34 PM »

Man, they threw some s**t in the blender and let'er rip there.

Sure did! Non stop action in this bad boy!! The  guy with the odd metal mask is none other than Michele Soavi, veteren of many o Dario Argento films as well as a director....one of his favorites of mine is CEMETARY MAN (aka DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE 1994).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Kev
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 02:50:02 AM »

I saw this in approx 1990 at a work friend's place over a meal and it was kind of rushed because we were going out that evening ... I think I remember someone crawling through a vent but the floor of the vent was starting to get a bit sticky under their hands ... was that the movie?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 03:02:52 AM »

I saw this in approx 1990 at a work friend's place over a meal and it was kind of rushed because we were going out that evening ... I think I remember someone crawling through a vent but the floor of the vent was starting to get a bit sticky under their hands ... was that the movie?

Yep-per! It does indeed have a vent crawling scene. If you ever get the chance to kick back and watch it again,you won't be sorry! A GREAT movie!!!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Kev
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 03:40:23 AM »

I've been looking for it over recent years ... am salivating in anticipation :)
Neville

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 08:15:41 AM »

I saw it a few months ago, kinda surprised I hadn't seen it yet. Didn't think it was that great, but the gore and the action keeps on appearing at a nice pace, and the soundtrack and the wardrove are 100% eighties. Loved the ending though, with all known world turned into a zombie fest and survivors going postal.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
The Creep
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 06:32:26 PM »

I remember the first time I saw this movie, I was like 12 and had a 104 degree temperature. Man that flu made the movie far scarier than it really was.

I still dig the movie, but just wish there was a version to similar to what I hallucinated.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 04:40:55 AM »

GREAT film. Cheesy as hell, but it was still awesome. Every movie should feature a guy driving a motorbike indoors while cutting up demons/zombies with a katana sword! Every damn movie!

The sequel is pretty cool, too, although the Demon coming out of the TV really made no sense. BounceGiggle
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 04:16:11 AM »

Sorry to bump up an old topic, but I just saw this tonight at a midnight grindhouse showing.  I really enjoyed it.  The black guy (pimp?) was easily the coolest character.  Some great cheesy lines and some pretty decent gore too!  If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it now!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lamberto Bava's DEMONS (1985) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.