Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:36:48 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Teachers you HATE/HATED « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Teachers you HATE/HATED  (Read 15009 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »

I'm sure most of you are not in school, but you were at one time. So tell me about that teacher that was just insane and went out of their way to make you feel bad. You can name names, I can't tell who you're talking about anyway.

Mine:

Mr. Pieri: This guy tormented both me and my sister back when she was in high school. He hated us for one big reason. We weren't sports freaks. I was a little nerd who sat in the corner every day and not some big jock. He spoke condesendingly to me. Also I'm (Unfortunatly) in a special education class so Pieri got it in his thick head that I had mental issues. For some reason he didn't like it when I used his pencil sharpener. I don't have a bloody clue why. Now if he wanted me to stop he could have asked nicely or just confront me at all. What he did made me want to knock his teeth out. He went to my special ed teacher. Instead of confronting me he went and talked to her and made it her problem as if I was an animal at the zoo and she was the zoo keeper. I went into a rage. I told him that if he has a problem with me he can talk to me instead of going behind my back and taking it up with somebody else. It's not my case manager's job to keep me under control. I'm a person! My life isn't dictated by my disability!

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:56:47 AM »

I can't think of any teachers I actually hated.  However, here are two that I was very unhappy with:

Miss Iverson - 5th grade.  She was a former nun and parochial school teacher who transferred to public schools for some unknown reason.  I never minded teachers who were "mean," but she was both mean and totally unfair.  I was what I would consider to be a "nice, quiet kid" when I was in 5th grade.  I stayed out of trouble and got excellent marks in all my classes.  But there were numerous times when she scolded me for no reason:

*  One time, she told everyone to get a book off the shelf and read it.  I already had a book I was reading, so I read that one.  After awhile she saw my book and yelled, "I told you to get a book off the shelf!  That one didn't come from the shelf!"  I didn't think she literally meant the book had to come off the shelf . . . I just thought the whole point was for us to read something.  It wasn't like I was reading something trashy.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I was reading THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER.

* Another time we were on a field trip at the Saugus Iron Works historic site.  We were putting on some sort of demonstration and were all dressed in colonial outfits (3-cornered hats and stuff).  She started telling people to line up because it was time to go back to the bus.  There were a bunch of kids near me who didn't hear her, so I started saying, "Line up!  Everyone line up."  She came over and yelled at me because she thought I was mocking her.  I tried to explain that some kids didn't hear her, but she just put a sour expression on her face and refused to believe me.

* Another time she was playing the piano in class and we were all singing.  I have a TERRIBLE singing voice.  She ended up yelling at me because she thought I was ruining the song on purpose.

In college, I had a professor I didn't like because he was an AWFUL lecturer and just confused everyone.  I can't remember his name, but it was a business ethics class.  The guy simply could not put together a series of coherent sentences and everyone in the room would just keep looking at each other as if to say, "What the heck is he talking about?"  For example, he would start talking about Plato and ramble on for about 20 minutes.  Then he'd say, something like, "And that was Aristotle's philosophy."  Someone would say, "Excuse me . . . I thought you were talking about Plato?" He would reply, "No, I haven't said anything about Plato for at least 10 minutes."  So, you'd be sitting there with several pages of notes and have no idea which notes were related to Plato and which were related to Aristotle because the guy never made a clear transition and his thoughts just came out in a long, incoherent stream.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »

My 1st Grade teacher who made me clean up urine.  Nope, not lying about that either.  Another kid peed his pants and she made me clean it up.  I told my mother who thought i was nutty but I recall it as if it were yesterday.  Too bad, she didn't take my word for it because I'd probably be richer now.   I think she drank alcohol in class too, kind of explains her violent mood swings. I think I harbor a lot of resentment because of her.  

My hippy communication professor in college.  People praised him for being such a "nice guy".  Sorry, his use as a teacher was minimal.  Why would teach an audio production class outside?  I have no regrets on walking out of his class and coming back 10 minutes left EVERY day.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
venomx
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 12:07:24 PM »

I had a teacher slap me in the face out of anger because I laughed when she was correcting me.

I told my mom and she walked me back to the school to find out what the hell was going on...

The teacher said this - "I would never hit your son Mrs. P*, he's just upset with me."
So my mom told me to calm down, thinking I was fibbin or I'm crazy... no one believed me.

25+ years later as a man, I stick to my story.

4th grade. I will never forget that or that pile of $h!t teacher. Thumbdown

Raffine

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »

I didn't really hate this teacher, but had little use for her:

Miss Grove was a middle school history teacher would fall asleep often during class. Some kids would wander out of the class and others just sit  puzzled at their desks.

I wasn't a student, but was the middle school band director. Her class was close to mine, so my band students who were in her class would wander into the bandroom and tell me Miss Grove was asleep again and ask "can they hang out?"

I would have to stop my class and go down and wake her up, and usually help her corral her students.

I told the pricipal about this several times and the response was basically she was about to retire anyway - so let's not make trouble for her...

She was a sweet lady and she had a breathtaking assortment of wigs - but she probably should have retired long before.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:36:07 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »

In the third grade I had a lovely, sweet, kind teacher whose last name I can't recall (her first was Rebekah, sort of like my sister).   She moved mid-year and we got a nasty woman named Mrs. Murray.  She HATED Me and I hated her.  I was in trouble every day, I learned how to cheat on tests and how to skip school.  All at the tender age of 7 1/2. Before this I was a sweet li'l boy who won citizenship awards and asked to read books over recess.

I still hope she's in a low grade nursing home.   Its a character flaw I know.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »

In 8th grade, I had a teacher named Mr. Brown who wasn't a bad teacher per se but I hated that he always felt the need to yell and bawl at students practically every day claiming they didn't know anything...he tried to put me on the spot several times but I always knew what he was asking for at the time which seemed to leave him befuddled he couldn't yell me out.  BounceGiggle

In 7th grade, my home room teacher Mr. Small was an incredible bore and it was almost impossible to stay awake in his class. Unfortunately when you did, he had the nasty habit of slamming his metre stick down across your desk giving you a rude awakening.

In the 11th and 12th grade, I had another very boring teacher Mr. Reid who had a tendency to fall asleep himself during class which allowed the class to do all sort of wild stuff like spitball throwing, paper plane throwing, etc.. I hated that because I tended to become a target in that class being probably the smartest student in that particular class.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »

my current English III teacher- She always loses my stuff.  Thumbdown

yeah no.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »

I can't tell you how many teachers I've had that lose my papers.  Lookingup

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 03:17:26 PM »

I can't tell you how many teachers I've had that lose my papers.  Lookingup

I had an art teacher in high school who 'lost' several of my projects.  A classmate who babysat for her later told me that at least one was framed and hanging on the wall in her house.   Hatred

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 04:06:27 PM »

I can't tell you how many teachers I've had that lose my papers.  Lookingup

I had an art teacher in high school who 'lost' several of my projects.  A classmate who babysat for her later told me that at least one was framed and hanging on the wall in her house.   Hatred

Well, if she put it on her wall it must have been good.  Smile
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:43:53 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

claws
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »

Our religion teacher (Protestant). What a nut case. He was notorious for his screaming fits during class, slapping students on the head, throwing chalk, refusing to let us use the lavatory and making us miss the beginning of our lunch break for no reason ever so often. Years later I found out he had alcohol problems and was having an affair.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 07:19:25 AM »

Ms MacAuley my grade 8 economics teacher.

She was anorexic and had the greasiest skin I've ever seen.  Her hair was like straw and she used to wear terry cloth dresses with thin straps and all the bones were sticking out.  Her feet were disgusting.  She had dirty long vampire like toe nails and always wore sandals  Buggedout

She tried to get me into trouble with principal because a guy who sat next to me cheated off my economics exam (I was crap at it and we both failed  lol).

She was boring and I loathed economics.  I didn't actually hate her, she was just a teacher that you wanted to avoid because she was boring and gross to look at.  Looking back, I feel sorry for her butr when you're 13 you don't naturally have much compassion

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 07:38:59 AM »

I liked most of my teachers, but there was one Coach who taught us typing that we all disliked.  We had him right before lunch.  Seniors were supposed to be dismissed on the first bell, then juniors, sophomores, and freshmen at five minute intervals.  He insisted on making everyone wait until the last bell, so one day all the Seniors got up and walked out.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »

I went to Catholic elementary school, with the nuns, so that was pretty horrific.  Two in particular, Sister Theresita and the name of the other escapes me.  They established the same atmosphere in their classrooms as R. Lee Ermey did in the barracks in Full Metal Jacket.  Except we were little kids and had even less of a clue how to deal with that stuff than young adults do.

I had one college professor I really hated, can't remember his name either.  He'd speak very softly and very slowly, like he'd taken a course in lulling people to sleep.  I could always hear the professor in the next room better then the guy I was paying money to listen to.  But he was an a-hole too, I remember him passing out the syllabus and everybody just stuck it in their notebooks, and he immediately got angry and demanded we all read it right then and there.  He claimed to read 10 newspapers a day, and obviously he had a Ph. D., but he'd lose, and I mean really lose arguments to a bunch of teenagers who got all their news from MTV Music News. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Teachers you HATE/HATED « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.