Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:21:00 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies That Scared You? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies That Scared You?  (Read 9035 times)
theonlydevice007
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 05:14:52 AM »

It was a old hindi movie of bollywood
Name Virana
It really scared me

Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 02:06:53 PM »

The latest movie to freak me out a bit was Hard Candy. Man I did NOT see that coming. But the only movie that genuinley gave me nightmares was The Exorcist. At the ripe old age of 8 I was at the theater, bored with the Apple Dumpling Gang or some such, and I wandered into the theater showing The Exorcist.  I slept with the lights on for a month. To this day I can't watch any "possession" type movies.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 05:18:31 AM »

As a youth up till about 15 pretty much any horror flick scared me.  One in particular:
Small | Large

Once I learned about how special effects were made I suddenly figured out, "Hey, it's just a movie!  All that blood is fake!"  The scare went away.  But I still enjoy those movies.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »

I know we covered this before in the past but the ones that scared me most were when I was younger.

Salem's Lot and the 70s Dracula had been seriously creeped out by vampires and caused many a nightmare leading to me curling up in bed with the sheets wrapped close to my neck somehow feeling safer once I did that (and of course never ever leaving a window open).

Predator caused me to have a recurring nightmare where I was being hunted night after night by some unseen monster.

Poltergeist: The tree and the clown seriously freaked me out.

Close Encounters: when the little door opens the door, I was terrified what might be behind it.

Star Trek: "The Galileo Seven" The primitive giants in this episode got me to hide my head under the covers and occasionally peep out to see what was going on...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »

I'll never live this shame down....
Deep Blue Sea scared the jeepers out of me as a tyke. The scene where Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten, that perfect timing? Funny as hell. Everything else...-cringes-. Too gruesome, in a way that wasn't fun at all.
Oddly, none of the Jaws films ever scared me.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »

The getting on the bus scene in Carnvial of Souls was terrifying.  Bluesad
But pretty much the film is nightmare fuel.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »

The latest movie to freak me out a bit was Hard Candy. Man I did NOT see that coming. But the only movie that genuinley gave me nightmares was The Exorcist. At the ripe old age of 8 I was at the theater, bored with the Apple Dumpling Gang or some such, and I wandered into the theater showing The Exorcist.  I slept with the lights on for a month. To this day I can't watch any "possession" type movies.

Possession movies....the one that did it for me was Beyond The Door and let me tell ya' mate...I still sleep with a light or two on now and then when I think of this one. To hear the name of the movie alone makes me shiver.

The whole movie had a very authentic feeling of evil to it, and Juliet Mills looked so hateful and vile when she was possessed. 

And when she looks at the doctor and does her famous "Whoooooo-are-youuuuuu" bit, that's enough to scare anyone. 

The film may have had it's dull moments, but the possession scenes more that make up for it, and they are very chilling sequences. The opening speech by the devil as he addresses the audience makes you uneasy as well.  See this one if you dare...

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 02:08:27 PM »

The Ring still fraeks me out, although not nearly as much as when I was a kid. After seeing it on DVD I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Couchtr26

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »

The Ring.  Man, when that chick came out of hte tv, I nearly wet my pants.

There was something so bowel churningly creeeepy about that scene.   Buggedout

Actually, I find most J-Horror disturbing not in the scary way but in the how can you contort the human body like that way.  Always creeps me out.  I will agree the scene is creepy. 

Ah, the good old days.
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »

When I was a kid the movie IT, and Tim Curry's makeup scared the bejesus out of me. Pretty embarrassing, looking back the movie is pretty cheesy.

=== ===
           Go Robo!
voltron

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »

Black Christmas - i've said this before, but i saw this before it was released on dvd so i didn't know what to expect and ho-lee s**t was it terrifying!
Maniac - brutal, grim, unrelenting, downbeat, AWESOME!
Hospital Massacre - REALLY cheesy when i watch it now, but when i was a kid, hospital movies really creeped me out.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »

When I was little, The Monster That Challenged the World and Teenagers from Outer Space. And anything involving injury to women's breasts would give me nightmares.
When I got older, The Exorcist, Jaws and Alien. When the devil screamed out 'Marin!' in The Exorcist, I jumped so bad I hit my head on the roof of the car.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:59:13 PM by Bargle5 » Logged

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 08:51:37 PM »

The Ring scared the crap out of me when I was 20ish. I'm still a little leary of staticy TV's  Buggedout

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »

The Shining really scared me when I first saw it. The scene where a guy was in a bear costume especially disturbed me, because it was just so random.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 11:33:31 AM »

Also as a child the poster for Little Monsters scared me. I had no idea what it was about but Maurice (Howie Mandel) just spooked me. Then I saw the movie and realized his character was a good guy, and the fear subsided. Still... I have an innate fear of Mandel and can't watch Deal or No Deal.  Buggedout

=== ===
           Go Robo!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies That Scared You? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.