Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:24:12 PM
714316 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Police Acadmey Vs. Revenge Of The Nerds « previous next »
Poll
Question: Revenge Of The Nerds or Police Academy (based on the entire series)
Revenge Of The Nerds - 7 (46.7%)
Police Academy - 8 (53.3%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Police Acadmey Vs. Revenge Of The Nerds  (Read 4590 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: March 11, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »

Based on the entire series as a whole, while one do you prefer?  I'm going with Police Academy mainly because Michael Winslow rocks.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:19:53 AM »

Revenge of the Nerds.  It freaking delivered!  Tits galore, bush, comedy both crude and slightly more sophisticated, great music, and some genuine heartstring-tugging.  80s sex comedies just don't get any better.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 10:23:35 AM »

I'd have a much harder time choosing if you based it on the original alone. Police Academy was a very funny movie that was tarnished by a string of crappy sequels. Revenge of the Nerds was lucky that it had fewer sequels, and only one or two that saw a theatrical release. That tends to skew the fond memories in favour of Revenge of the Nerds, although I would say the original Revenge of the Nerds was better than the original Police Academy.

However, none of the Revenge of the Nerds sequels were any good. Police Academy had one or two decent sequels, and a couple more that were entertaining enough that I'd watch them if they turned up on TV some evening. Even though Police Academy eventually degenerated into Tackleberry, Bubba Smith and the noise guy doing their respective shticks for an hour and a half, it still took three or four movies to reach that point. If Revenge of the Nerds had gotten up to part six or seven, I think it would be far worse. Probably Ted McGinley vs. Booger or something.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:15:57 AM »

NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 12:15:59 PM »

I like the original Revenge of the Nerds better than Police Academy, but if you're talking overall series, then yes, I'll go with Police Academy. Both series overall are just so bad, but definately so-bad-it's-good.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 12:39:30 PM »

I think Police Academy was better overall.  Though I'd have to agree that the first Revenge of the Nerds movie was great.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 08:17:33 PM »

I thought a lot of the PA sequels were actually really good.  ROTN sequels kind of came off as a downward arch. 

DarkSider's Realm

venomx
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »

Revenge of the Nerds.  It freaking delivered!  Tits galore, bush, comedy both crude and slightly more sophisticated, great music, and some genuine heartstring-tugging.  80s sex comedies just don't get any better.

I agree 100% I pick Nerds.  Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling

Small | Large

Sidenote* Michael Winslow (Sgt. Jones) = WIN. IMO... Winslow IS Police Academy.

Small | Large

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »

This whole sequence makes the series for me...
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 11:02:09 PM »

I loved the Police Academy films in my younger and teenage years...sure they were bad but I still loved them and all the assorted recurring characters who appeared. Nerds always felt more phoney to me as the Nerds never seemed like real nerds...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
66Crush
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »

I like the first Revenge of The Nerds better, but hated all of the sequels. So Police Academy series by default.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 03:48:12 AM »

I thought there was only one ROTN sequel! How many was there?

I love the first nerds film and i liked the second one (especially cause DEVO got involved on the music side)

I really like the Steve Guttenberg PA movies but i think they go down hill after that.

I will give my final answer when I see the rest of the ROTN franchise, which I'm happy to hear about.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 04:11:36 AM »

If we're talking about the original movies, I would easily hand this to Revenge of the Nerds. For some reason or another, the movie just worked. Also, the "Nerd Song" Venomx posted is classic. Plus, RotN had a lot of nudity. When I judge '80s comedies, that's one of my primary criteria.

But if you consider the entire series, Police Academy is your go to franchise. RotN had one sequel which was kind of amusing. Then there were a couple extras that were eminently forgettable. I believe there were four of those movies, and the last two were viewed by approximately nobody.

Police Academy had seven movies, a TV series, and an animated cartoon. Most of those ranged from "awful" to "kind of funny if you're kind of bored." The characters are one-joke wonders, but they managed to stretch them out far beyond what you would expect.

So, if we take into account the whole series, I have to give it to Police Academy. That was a true franchise (albeit, not-so-good).

Of course, neither of these films are anywhere near as good as the true genius of Hamburger: The Motion Picture.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »

I was thinking the other day there is quite a bit of rape in ROTN. for one they put cameras in the girls house which is a violation, then of course the scene where the guy pretends he is the girls boyfriend wearing the mask.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »

I thought there was only one ROTN sequel! How many was there?

There were a total of 4 ROTN movies. In the case of either ROTN or PA, each sequel was progressively less and less about the original central cast members, as each one either featured the smaller characters more, or introduced new characters. ROTN was the best movie of them all in my opinion, but other than that, it had one mildly amusing sequel, Nerds in Paradise, but that was about it. ALL of the PA movies were so stupid, but I found I could laugh out loud at something in every one of them.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Police Acadmey Vs. Revenge Of The Nerds « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.