Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:34:40 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Finding Money « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Finding Money  (Read 2854 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: March 12, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »

I find there is hardly a thing more overjoyous than encountering some lost money on the ground.  I found a dollar the other day and it pretty much made my week. yep I'm shallow about some things.  I also found a twenty here and there in the past which is beyond awesome.  One time I was at a store and had about twenty bucks worth of stuff and found a twenty right at the checkout.  I had all but to hold back from yelling, "F*CK YEAH!" at the register.  

I'm always looking around for lost money in parking lots and though a good percent of the time I never find it, sometimes I'll encounter something. So have you ever found money someone lost on the ground?  If so how much?  
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:06:25 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »

Normally, when I find money on the ground, I keep it.  Although, one time at a drug store I frequent, I found one $100 bill.  At the time, I needed the money, but something told me to give it to the girl I knew working there.  Turns out, a senior citizen had been in that morning to get some prescriptions filled (it's mostly older people that frequent it), and was due back in a half hour to get em picked up.  Long story short, they're on a tight budget and had lost their money and was freaking out when they got to the store cause she didn't have money for her heart medication.  She was informed that I had left the money in the register for her.  However, if I had found the money outside...I'd have kept it.

I did find $5 this week on my way to work.  Which made me happy.  And I found about $2 last week.

Most amounts I find are under $5.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 10:29:44 PM »

I haven't had that happen as much as when I was a kid.  I remember finding bucks and getting soda.  Usually a dollar or two a week, nothing ever major. 

Ah, the good old days.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 10:34:11 PM »

found a hundred in my house once.... Lookingup I also once had so many quarters that it added up to $18.00! Buggedout Buggedout

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 11:40:17 PM »

Found about fifteen bucks laying in a parking lot once.  Also, going through the drive-thru at the bank one time, there was well over a hundred bucks in the little tray thing they shuttled back and forth.  Being an idiot, I told the teller about it and sent it back.  I figured they had me on camera.

The other day we were taking a walk and I found a dime.  It's kind of covered in tar and my cleaning efforts haven't been too successful.  But hey, it's ten cents!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 12:11:45 AM »

A couple of years back when my son wa still living at home, we were coming back from work/school and I was dead broke.  I was dog tired and stressed and all I wanted was $20 t buy a pizza for dinner and some ice cream for dessert.  AS we walked through a petrol station to get to our street, I looked down i the drvie way and fournd a $50 note!!!  Buggedout   We had quite a feast that night.

One time I found heaps of cash was when I was cleaning out my wardrobe one day and in the pocket of a jacket I forgot I owned, I found $60.

I was standing in a  chicken takeout place a couple of years ago and they had an ATM in the store.  It was pretty busy with lots of people taking out money.  After one guy left I happened to glance over and found $20 in the bottom of the shute.  He obviously forgot to take it with the rest of his cash.  Unfortunately, I didn't see the guy's face so I couldn't return it to him.  I took the $20 for myself.

But normally I find 5 or 10 cent pieces quite regularly.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 04:12:26 AM »

A few years ago my mum and I were in the parking lot of Goodwill walking to our car.  She found, on the ground, two hundred dollars, folded up, with a little piece of paper with the weed logo drawn on it.  We took it home and called the Goodwill, and no one reported it missing or anything.  We ended up keeping it, which was probably good as it ended up paying for groceries for a couple weeks. TeddyR
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:52 AM »

recently at a Pick n Save I went through one of the quick lanes where you scan the items your self. Well some how when I checked out I must have hit the button to give me $20 dollars cash back and not realized it. I walked out the store and a clerk came running after me with the money in hand. Luckily she was honest and looking out or I would have been out 20 bucks.

Smells like popcorn and shame
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 05:48:49 AM »

Once while working at a grocery store many years ago, I was wrangling carts in the parking lot and found a $10 bill wedge under the flimsy plastic seat of a cart. Then another time at closing I spotted a 20 on the ground. I kept the money both times...

=== ===
           Go Robo!
claws
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 06:16:19 AM »

My sister used to work for a firm specialized in cleaning phone booths back in the 90s. They gave her her own car, sanitizing products and a weekly new route with selected booths she had to clean.
I would join to keep her company ever so often because the job was kind of boring.
We found small change all the time with totals between 5-15 bucks by the end of the week. We also found several wallets and purses without ID that no one reported missing. The biggest amount we got to keep was about $230.
Last summer I found a ten euro bill ($14) on the street, neatly folded.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:20:37 AM by claws » Logged
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »

I once found a $20 on the ground at our now out of business Video Mart store about 17 or 18 years back.   Once while on the walk to Johnny's Hotdogs (about 2\10 of a mile from my old house) I found a beat-to-hell $5 bill on the side of the road.

And one time, at a laundry-mat, I pulled about $40 bucks in various denominations out of the dryer I was drying my clothes in.  One of the ladies near me said, "can I have your dryer when you're done"?   BounceGiggle

Other than these stand-out moments, no new finds for some years now.  Bluesad

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 09:46:48 AM »

A combination of values and circumstance guide our behavior. At least, that's my excuse. I was pulling into a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican food joint because they had good inexpensive food. Fitting since I was pretty broke at the time.

Anyway, I pulled up, turned off the motor, opened the door, put my foot down, and looking down as I was getting out fo the car, I see my foot was partially covering a $50 bill. It was like Kismet. The $50 number was staring at me clearly, protruding out from under the front of my shoe. I picked it up, looked around, and the lot was pretty empty being the middle of the afternoon, so I put it in my pocket and went my merry way.

I felt bad for the person who lost the $50, but as broke as I was at the time it came in handy and bought some groceries.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 10:53:58 AM »

Not exactly "found" money, but . . .

Back when I used to work in a video rental store I needed to go to the bank for change.  I handed the teller $25 (in $5s and $10s) and asked for twenty-five one-dollar bills.  The teller handed me a packet of bills with a paper band around the middle.  When I got into my car, I noticed the teller had given me a packet of $5 bills rather than $1 bills.  So, I went to a different bank, got my 25 singles and kept the rest of the $5 bills.  Later, someone who worked in a bank told me the teller may have been fired for making this mistake.  Sometimes I still feel bad about this.  But at the time I thought it was a pretty good "score."

Also, a few years ago I wore a jacket that I hadn't worn for at least a year.  I reached into the pocket and found a $20 bill.  Sure, it was MY $20, but it felt like "found money."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:08 AM »

Also, a few years ago I wore a jacket that I hadn't worn for at least a year.  I reached into the pocket and found a $20 bill.  Sure, it was MY $20, but it felt like "found money."

Yep, I was going to post this.  I get more excited about finding my own money that I forgot about.  A few bills in a jacket is most common.  That way, I get the thrill of the find without the sadness that my gain meant someone else's loss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Raffine

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »

When I was around ten I vividly remember one day being at the grocery store with my mom. I had naturally peeled off from mom to gaze at the cereal I knew she wouldn't get when suddenly I spotted a twenty bill on the floor! A fortune!

Being an honest if somewhat dim child instead of picking it up I went and found her to ask if it was OK to pick it up. She said it was, but naturally when I got back it was gone.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Finding Money « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.