Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:59:47 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Makes You Unusual In The Eyes Of The World? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What Makes You Unusual In The Eyes Of The World?  (Read 15009 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 11:01:14 AM »

You know, right now I got nuthin'.... I'll have to think on this.
-Invisible Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »

I hate watching sports. Except boxing.
I don't drive. I can-I'm a good driver. Walking is cheaper.
I don't own a cellphone. Untill 2005,I didn't own a phone. Just didn't care for them.
I don't play video games.
I like all sorts of movies-good and bad ,BUT-I hate the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW,the FRIDAY the 13th series,The NIGHTMARE on ELM STREET (except the first one) series,superhero movies (except the 1966 BATMAN,ULTRA MAN, INFRAMAN,and yes-the first Power Rangers movie!),LOTR series,Harry Potter series,I don't like any anime. I dont like the STAR WARS movies.
I collect rare books-I have a 1st edition of Henlien's 'Doorway into Summer' it's selling on Amazon for over a $1000! A first edition of Henlien's 'Orphan's of the Sky',"Stranger in a Strange Land',and"Glory Road'. Also-Edgar Rice Burroughs 'Warlord of Mars' 1st edition-1919!
I dont like McDonalds food whatsoever. Except the hot musterd with the chicken mcnuggets.
I never drink beer.
I roll my own ciggerettes.
I've only had sex once in 1 1/2 years.  Bluesad Most folks don't know that though. Except you guys now.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »

I've only had sex once in 1 1/2 years.  Bluesad Most folks don't know that though. Except you guys now.
Your secret is safe with us.

Along those lines although I love sex, I have turned down several women who have wanted it from me.  Nope not lying or trying to make myself sound cool (which would be hopeless anyhow). 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »

Like DS, I don't smile much, and my sense of humor is very dry, so people often think I'm always serious. When I was skinny, I actually frightened a few people because they thought I looked mean. Now that I'm fat, I don't get that very often (fat=jolly or some such nonsense). I love that I can convince people of almost anything because I can keep a straight face (sometimes I have to almost force myself to smile so that others will know I'm joking). I have often been accused of being arrogant, at least until people get to know me (which, admittedly, takes longer than most care to stick around  Bluesad).

I hate small talk. I don't watch sports or hunt, so I have very little to talk about with most men in my area, and talking about the weather bores me silly. I get along with women better. Little old ladies have always loved me for some reason.

I like musicals, sci-fi, horror, anime (to a degree), animated films, comedies (even romantic ones). The main thing is for a good story to be told. I don't like tear-jerkers. I live with depression and don't need a movie or a song to send me over the edge. My oddness was driven home to me one night when I found myself reading a book about The Wizard of Oz movie while sharpening a psycho killer knife (I collect knives & swords) and watching professional wrestling.

I like almost any style of music. My favorites are WWII vocal jazz, Dixieland, rock and some pop. I like Barry Manilow. So there. That alone is enough to be considered weird.  TongueOut

I don't use profanity, drink, smoke, or do drugs. I'm a Christian, but that's not why. I don't like alcohol or smoking. I'm too much of a control freak (only over myself--I don't want to control anyone else) to lose control to drugs. I don't curse because it's lazy to my way of thinking. I enjoy much more stringing together nonsense. It won't offend anyone, and it makes me laugh, forgetting my anger. In traffic, when someone cuts me off or does something else stupid, I've taken to saying things like "If you do that again, I shall say 'Poophead' to you! Then you'll regret ever being born!" I figure if I'm going to rage impotently, I might as well make it entertaining...

Once people get to know me, they realize that I'm just a big goofball. I make no apologies for being such; I don't care about being cool or popular, so I am who I am. Those who know me love me, and those who don't like me can go sit in an alligator-infested swamp with bacon tied around their necks.  Twirling

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
BTM

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 01:14:54 PM »

I could write about this for awhile...

I'm really big, both in height and weight (about 6 foot six and too many pounds) which I'm told can intimidate people.  

I alternate between being really shy and really outgoing.  When I'm in a good mood, I can be friendly, chat with about anyone, and like to tell jokes and make others laugh.  Problem is, I'm not the best at picking up certain social cues and I have an "odd" sense of humor and this can cause me to say things that get me in trouble.  I keep forgetting that people don't know my intentions and can easy mis-interrupt certain things I do.

I've always gotten along well with most kids, but, I realize that as a single male it's best for me to not interact with any that I'm not related to on anything more than a superficial level.

I don't have a lot of friends, and I sometimes wonder if people can somehow sense my lonely desperation which, in turn, scares them and pushes people away.

Never really felt the need to drink, as I don't like the taste of most alcohol.  Never really desired to "stand out" by dying my hair, getting my body parts pierced, getting tattoos or wearing outrageous looking clothes.  I guess when you're my size, you kind of stand out without the need for all that.

I guess in short, I'm just too weird for the straights, but too straight for the weirds.  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:41:05 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 01:32:27 PM »

I could write about this for awhile...

I'm really big, both in height and weight (about 6 foot six and too many pounds) which I'm told can intimidate people.  

I alternate between being really shy and really outgoing.  When I'm in a good mood, I can be friendly, chat with about anyone, and like to tell jokes and make others laugh.  Problem is, I'm not the best at picking up certain social cues and I have an "odd" sense of humor and this can cause me to say things that get me in trouble.  I keep forgetting that people don't know what my intentions and can easy mis-interrupt certain things I do.

I've always gotten along well with most kids, but, I realize that as a single male it's best for me to not interact with any that I'm not related to on anything more than a superficial level.

I don't have a lot of friends, and I sometimes wonder if people can somehow sense my lonely desperation which, in turns, scares them and pushes people away.

Never really felt the need to drink, as I don't like the taste of most alcohol.  Never really desired to "stand out" by dying my hair, getting my body parts pierced, getting tattoos or wearing outrageous looking clothes.  I guess when you're my size, you kind of stand out without then need for all that.

I guess in short, I'm just too weird for the straights, but too straight for the weirds.  

Well said, BTM, and thanks for that.

I'm quoting you because you sound a lot like me on many levels, other than what I described on the previous page. Sometimes you need to be reminded of yourself thru others.

Like you, I can fit in almost any social socket, so to speak, but have not enough of one to completely fit into the other, or vice versa.   

This is where you really rang my bell:

I alternate between being really shy and really outgoing.  When I'm in a good mood, I can be friendly, chat with about anyone, and like to tell jokes and make others laugh.  Problem is, I'm not the best at picking up certain social cues and I have an "odd" sense of humor and this can cause me to say things that get me in trouble.  I keep forgetting that people don't know what my intentions and can easy mis-interrupt certain things I do.

Been there many, many times. I've been misunderstood a lot due to the same things.  It really bites when you spend alot of time trying to get yourself across, building a great bridge, and then having it collapse because you put one block where it shouldn't have been.   

Again though, great post and you're not alone in this area.   Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »

I don't poop. My digestive system has become so efficient that it produces no waste. It's like the Thunderdome in there, except it's two enter, and NONE come out. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »

I am a person who happens to be female.  I find the majority of people cannot grasp that one at all.

I do not have a lot of common ground with most women.  This is a major social handicap in a lot of situations!  Makes conversation challenging at times, but I manage.

My husband is the one who 'had to' have kids, not me.

I'm relatively good with tools of all kinds.

I am not at all 'girly', however I do not think I come across as being 'mannish' either.  I clean up pretty well, thank you.  Wink

I rarely wear makeup unless it is an 'occasion'.  Ditto for getting my hair 'done' (and it is my natural colour: no dyes here) Both of which make me very odd in my neighbourhood.

I spend a lot of time alone and this is fine.

I do not suffer fools gladly and I will not allow anyone who injures me to have a second opportunity to do so.  I simply allow them to be as/what they are and keep my distance.

I have been described as being 'overly competent': which is also a bit of a handicap/personal failing.   Bluesad  My expectations of myself are high and this unfortunately extends to others if I am not careful.

I get along with animals far better than in human company.   (I believe I 'imprinted' on the family dog and cat when an infant: I was left in their company for extended periods in my 'formative' years)

People tell me they assumed I was quite aloof when we first met: I am painfully shy in person and this comes off as being stand-offish.  Yet I have a keen sense and enjoyment of the absurd - and end up embarrassing my children with (to them) alarming regularity.    TeddyR

In light of the above: my sense of humour can surprise people and often confuses them.

I'm an oberserver - have spent most of my life being a what amounts to a 'professional outsider'; it can be a useful perpsective and has proved to be helpful to others, I think.

I am told I can be intimidating due to much of the above (apparent demeanor), in addition to my physical appearance/bearing.

(Shrug) I am what I am.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:50:35 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 06:14:27 PM »

(Shrug) I am what I am.

"I am what I am"...I knew it all along, you're really Popeye The Sailor Man!  BounceGiggle TongueOut  Wink

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »

Being me...

...'nuff said

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »

-My Asperger's Syndrome
-My taste in dark clothing
-My lack of social contact
-My attraction to Anthropomorphs

Many things really.

But what is "Usual" to begin with?

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 07:36:23 PM »

No 'yams' here.

Small | Large

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »

I love most weird stuff...so yeah, I love anime (but I tend to prefer the more serious sci-fi and robots style anime which many find more boring), pro wrestling, monster movies young and old although I prefer the older ones. I listen to all types of music but I have a strong love for punk and hardcore punk which most wouldn't guess looking at me. Most important to me is to feel comfortable in my clothes so I tend to wear T-shirts and jeans most of the time and when I'm relaxing, a T and lounge pants. I have a lot of coats and jackets for all seasons and I love most of them but I think my fave is actually just a simple hoodie. I could watch superhero cartoons all day long but I don't care as much for Family Guy and shows of that type. I tend to like Sci-Fi toons too. Most wouldn't know just looking at me how much into Sci-Fi I am although I often wear superhero Ts around the house.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:55 AM »

What a deliciously fun topic!  Thumbup TeddyR

Not much time right now, so just 1 for now:

1. Every now and then, I'll go outside and practice falling down. Ridiculous falls, trips, and realistic looking ones. It's more fun in the snow and when the ground is soft.

-My Asperger's Syndrome
-My taste in dark clothing
-My lack of social contact
-My attraction to Anthropomorphs

Many things really.

But what is "Usual" to begin with?

Nice to know there's a fellow aspie on the board!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 12:31:30 AM »

A number of things:
Don't drive (have free bus transportation, paid for by my workplace)
Dry skin
Rosacea
Very quiet and non-social
Can sing pretty well
Prefer older things (games, movies, etc)
No drugs, smoking or drinking
Don't apply myself AT ALL
Tightwad

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Makes You Unusual In The Eyes Of The World? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.