Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:25:14 AM
713336 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Makes You Unusual In The Eyes Of The World? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What Makes You Unusual In The Eyes Of The World?  (Read 15004 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2011, 11:06:43 AM »

I'm what was considered to be a very smart, bright guy growing up.  I was in Kindergarten and was reading books that kids in grades 6 or 7 were reading, and could comprehend what was going on.  In second grade I had a whole collection of books that high school kids read, and several books on Greek and Roman mythology and psychology and para-psychology.  In school I never actually listened to the lectures the teachers gave, and would spend all class looking out the window and drawing pictures, yet would get an A on the test.  In fact, I spent half of 5th grade not even going to class and passed with flying colors.  Yet, I had no desire to go to college, and had a chance at a partial scholarship. 

In high school, I was considered partially popular, yet never attended any of the events in high school: parties, basketball games, football games, prom, dances, or graduation.  In fact, most weekend nights I spent at home watching wrestling or cartoons or late night monster movies.

I'm 27, have never ever been in a relationship with anyone.  Never even had a date.  Just not interested in it.  I think it's partially due to my own personality.  I love women, get along rather well with them, I just don't really fancy myself a people person and am rather quite selfish.  Most times when someone starts talking about things they want to, I get bored rather easily unless it's a topic I like, and at that point I take control of the conversation and don't let them get a word in edgewise.  Plus, it's hard to be in a relationship when EVERY woman I've asked out has turned me down.  It's always nice hearing "You're cute and funny."  Which, in other words, means "You're not ugly, but not especially handsome, but you make me laugh."  Or that old, "You're a nice guy, but" comes out.  I've gotten so jaded that I don't even care anymore and don't even try cause I know the reaction's gonna be 'No."

I don't particularly care for children, and never want to be near one, ever.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »

I had dates but never had a girlfriend until I was in my mid-thirties. Rather like you, Happy I was never interested until the last decade or so. I never went to my high school grad but instead went to relatives for the weekend and watched loads of wrestling and cartoons, which in retrospect I now know I did what I personally enjoyed the most. Honestly I found with women, as long as I was trying too hard to be friendly and nice, women never seemed interested but once I became more comfortable with myself (which took a while), to be myself and confident enough to not care too much whether I got rejected or not (which allowed me to joke and tease more), I had a lot more success.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2011, 01:00:50 PM »

Unlike a lot of posers who get tattoos or piercing or scarification in order to stand out, I went and did something really hardcore in order to show my uniqueness.

I had a chameleon surgically attached to my tongue!

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »

Unlike a lot of posers who get tattoos or piercing or scarification in order to stand out, I went and did something really hardcore in order to show my uniqueness.

I had a chameleon surgically attached to my tongue!

That's hardcore....
Skull
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »

A lot of people think I'm goth.. I'm not!  I'm a little dark, but I love rainbows and being happy.  I'm not goth, I just look really good in black.

I totally agree with you on 2 and 3!  It seems like just being a girl makes other girls think you're going to be into all the typical girl junk.  I don't really like romantical comedies with the exception of Overboard, Romancing the Stone, and Dead Alive, and maybe a couple others.  And I have 3 pairs of shoes that I got for less than $50 and 3 pairs of pants (yeah, I wear them a couple days in a row- so what!) and I DON'T carry a purse, it's just a bag with all my stuff in it.

And I thought you Like Romancing the Stone because I have seen the movie enough times that I can recite lines and say what happens next without fail... :)

...Maybe that is what makes me Unusual In The Eyes Of The World...

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2011, 12:27:44 AM »

I had dates but never had a girlfriend until I was in my mid-thirties. Rather like you, Happy I was never interested until the last decade or so. I never went to my high school grad but instead went to relatives for the weekend and watched loads of wrestling and cartoons, which in retrospect I now know I did what I personally enjoyed the most. Honestly I found with women, as long as I was trying too hard to be friendly and nice, women never seemed interested but once I became more comfortable with myself (which took a while), to be myself and confident enough to not care too much whether I got rejected or not (which allowed me to joke and tease more), I had a lot more success.
Thing is, a lot of times I'm kinda interested, but every single female I've talked to has rejected me.  To the point I've started to like, despise them.  Not a good thing.  I try very hard, and they're like, "You try too hard" and when I don't try "He's not interested."  Most just throw me right in that 'friend zone' and even then, don't wanna hang out or anything.  Thing is, I've been told I'm somewhat attractive.  So frig em.  Nowadays instead of trying I just sit in my room and watch tv.  I'm well on my way to being the 40 year old virgin.  Only about ten years left.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2011, 08:09:49 PM »

I really love dark areas.  Places like basements, storage rooms, etc.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »

Most people look at me weird especially in these parts once they learn I don't drink anything with caffeine in it, especially coffee. No not even Tim Horton's. I go there and I have apple juice and yogurt and berries.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »

Even though my art tends to focus on darker subjects (the macabre, alienation, isolation, etc), my clothes are dark, and I indulge in darker forms of entertainment (layman forensics, horror movies, etc)...I like girly things too. I've always got something growing in my room, I love planning and tending to gardens, I adore horses, think small fluffy things are usually cute, and like to dress nicely once in a while. I just can't stand the pre-occupation with looks, materialism and romantic obsession that society expects of me.

I can also be shy or outgoing depending on who I'm with. It's not even a matter of knowing a person well; the first time I met a good friend of mine, we just "clicked" right off the bat and had a four-hour conversation about all kinds of things.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2011, 04:39:46 AM »

Well let's see.....people seem to hate me an awful lot where I live because:

I have long hair
I look feminine
I don't wear "trendy" brand clothing
I don't go out at weekends
I don't watch films or listen to music usually made after 1992
I don't have any friends
I never eat fast food or take-out
I don't smoke or do drugs (never have, never will)
I'm not on facebook or twitter

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2011, 07:44:22 AM »

I don't have any friends
Yep me too aside from my multiple online friends here and elseware.  I simply dislike human interaction with most of the population.  Which is odd because at work I'm Mr. Social out at every gathering and event.  However once 4 PM hits and I leave I turn into an introverted A-Hole.

DarkSider's Realm

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2011, 07:47:52 AM »

I don't have any friends
Yep me too aside from my multiple online friends here and elseware.  I simply dislike human interaction with most of the population.  Which is odd because at work I'm Mr. Social out at every gathering and event.  However once 4 PM hits and I leave I turn into an introverted A-Hole.

Yep dude, at work it seems that I'm very popular as long as it's at arms length and everyone carries on their act of "I really care about my colleagues, unless things get serious". Outside of work nobody wants to know.

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »

I don't have any friends

Yep dude, at work it seems that I'm very popular as long as it's at arms length and everyone carries on their act of "I really care about my colleagues, unless things get serious". Outside of work nobody wants to know.
Yep, work associates...I have many.

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Makes You Unusual In The Eyes Of The World? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.