Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:04 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  USA Robot & Ancient Japanese GOD with a mace fights a alien monster « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USA Robot & Ancient Japanese GOD with a mace fights a alien monster  (Read 9183 times)
Gizus
« on: March 13, 2011, 07:25:38 PM »

Please help me to find this movie title!
I hardly can remember some scenes about this movie, it was from 70's:
- I remember an earth base with men dressed in silver suits
- some funny curved stairs made of metal to enter in the headquarter.
- Pink Floyd's Time intro used to create suspence
- A giant USA robot, looking like a baseball player
- A giant GOD from Japan-Oriental culture with a huge marble mace
- They both fight on the moon, then they become friends and starts to fight again a third monster on earth.
- All made by costumes, no cartoon or stop motion

Please HELP MEEE :D
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 10:09:05 PM »

the giant Japanese God sounds like  Majin-
though the rest doesnt fit-

Small | Large

Maybe an episode of Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot? Or the Ultraman series? Or the Mazinger Z series?

Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:17:32 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gizus
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:38:20 PM »

No,sorry.

The look of the japanese god was absolutely identical to the temple guardian with green skin that you find if you type in google images "Wat Phra Kaew dangermouse", it seems I cannot post links.

Instead the USA robot seemed something like the smaller Gordian suit
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »

Theres such a critter in  the SUPER GIANT aka STARMAN aka SPACE MAN films from Japan-unfourtantly-this is the only image I could find...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gizus
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 02:40:39 AM »

It's close, but the film's one was really identical to the face of the Guardian.
Even more the guardian is good, not evil, and we're still missing the Robot.
I remember also that the USA Robot had something like a rectangular aperture in his waist, can't remember if from there he was pulling out a sword or a baseball mace.
Then after fighting on the moon they come back on Earth as friends to fight a third monster, that I barely remember like the giant raptor Gyaos enemy of Gamera, but I'm unsure on this point.
venomx
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »

I don't think this a Toho movie... I could be wrong though. I'm still looking for you.

Are you sure 100% it was a 70's movie?
Gizus
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 04:18:04 PM »

I'm sure I've seen it in 80's years, but in Italy those films came later in time, so, could be probably have been made after 1975 or so on.

Ok more infos, the guardian's name is Totsakanth or Tosakanth.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 05:27:16 PM »

It's close, but the film's one was really identical to the face of the Guardian.
Even more the guardian is good, not evil, and we're still missing the Robot.
I remember also that the USA Robot had something like a rectangular aperture in his waist, can't remember if from there he was pulling out a sword or a baseball mace.
Then after fighting on the moon they come back on Earth as friends to fight a third monster, that I barely remember like the giant raptor Gyaos enemy of Gamera, but I'm unsure on this point.

OK-I think I may have it! It's got the Buddhist God,it's got a giant robot,and it's got a Gyaos looking monster!

It's the 6 ULTRA BROTHERS vs. The MONSTER ARMY (1974) It's a Thailand/Japanese co-production.
I hope this is it-this took some work!  Buggedout

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 01:49:28 PM »

This guy is never coming back,is he? I researched this thing for a WEEK....I'll never know if I was right or all was in vain-I think it's it. What else could it be???

Iv'e PM'd the guy-but alas-I think its right. I did lotsa research-learned alot about Korean/Japanese co productions. This IS it.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gizus
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 04:51:38 AM »

It's the 6 ULTRA BROTHERS vs. The MONSTER ARMY (1974) It's a Thailand/Japanese co-production.

Hi!

Sorry, I've been away a while!
Well... it really could be it.. every detail is in, but I remember different shapes both for the Ultraman Robot and for the giant god. One for all: the bands on the legs, here missing.

Anyway, I'll try to find that episode and have a look at it!
Thank you SO much for your help!!!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 05:06:23 AM »

Hi!

Well... it really could be it.. every detail is in, but I remember different shapes both for the Ultraman Robot and for the giant god. One for all: the bands on the legs, here missing.

Hi!

I't not an episode of a tv show...it's a full length film....I hope you find what you're looking for-cuz now it's driving me crazy!  BounceGiggle

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gizus
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:04 AM »

I've found more research paths, related to the suggested Ultraman characters.

on the thaiworldview website there are a lot of hits about movies and filmmakers and movie name called "Hanuman and the Five Kamen Riders", same costumes of your suggested movie!

But again, the shape of the oriental god was absolutely IDENTICAL to the picture of the temple guardian, not to hanuman, and the weapon was a mace, not the trident :(
Gizus
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 05:32:31 AM »

GOT IT GOT IT!

It's a Sompote Sands (or Sangduenchai) film, dammit I can't publish link or images!!!

It seems it has been re-presented in 2010 at Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival!

" Finally, presented in collaboration with the Cinemathèque francaise, Les Hommes d'une autre planète, the “classic” kaiju film with a singular history, not to mention surrealist slant, will create waves of laughter with its approximate French translation and ugly monsters."

Here is the story:

"In 1973 Ultraman producers Tsuburaya Productions launched a new Japanese hero show titled Jumborg Ace. Very much based on the Ultraman model, the show would air fifty episodes that year becoming a notable hit not only in Japan but also in Thailand.

In Thailand the series caught the eye of production and distribution outfit Chaiyo Productions who bought rights to both Ultraman and Jumborg Ace - this contract would lead to decades of legal wrangling over who controlled the characters internationally, the lawsuits only being settled in Tsuburaya's favor in 2008 - and paired Jumborg with their own hero Yuk Wud Jaeng - a giant stone idol who had previously featured in their film Ta Tien - for a tokusatsu feature film team up that released theatrically in Thailand in 1974.

From there producer in Taiwan purchased the film for distribution but figured it needed to be punched up a bit for local release and so they re-edited it, cutting in additional action sequences from the Jumborg Ace TV series while also cutting out all of the Thai actors and replacing them with Taiwanese performers directed by Chen Hun-Ming. The results were less than coherent.

Next? French distributors got their hands on the Taiwanese version of the film and had the entire thing redubbed into French, 'solving' the patched together nature of the Taiwanese version by simply writing their own script for the dub - one that had nothing whatsoever to do with the original story or dialogue.

And so Les Hommes D'Une Autre Planete was born: A Thai / Japanese co-production with all Taiwanese actors and a French dub. Not surprisingly the film is mired in such a mess of legal and rights issues that nobody really knows who owns it and it is scarcely available by legal means anywhere int he world. Happily. however, the Cinematheque Francaise has a very nearly pristine print in their vault that they were happy to share with the Fantasia Festival for a rare retrospective screening.

Story? Oh, boy ... we begin with small children playing baseball, one of them driving the ball seemingly behind several buildings and to the top of a mountain where one boy must run - and run, and run - to retrieve it. What he finds with the ball, however, is a secret underground cave where he discovers a small statue and is blasted with light from a glowing gem that knocks him unconscious. When he awakes his friends have called the cops because he's been gone so long but no worries, he just takes the statue home where his father is watching news of a UFO approaching the earth on TV and pronounces the statue very old before some strange radiation from it knocks both father and son out. Daughter- member of a high level space defense agency - arrives home and finds both passed out on the floor and rushes them to the hospital from whence they never emerge or are heard from again. She changes out of her street clothes and into a lovely gold lame jumpsuit - her fiance's has a lightning bolt! - and arrives at work just on time to watch the UFO release a pair of monstrous creatures - one of whom looks like to tokusatsu equivalent of a bad glam rock acid trip, flowing locks and all - who jump around smashing the crap out of a city before finding the cave-crystal themselves and retreating to the moon where they use it to power a death ray capable of burning down entire cities. Which they do. Good thing the statue can grow to giant size and defend the planet with a bit of help from a giant robot called to action by their American allies!

Yes, this movie makes very little sense. Yes, given that I have very limited French and it screened only with the French dub and without subtitles, it made even less sense. No, it didn't matter a bit. This, friends, is a true cult film phenomenon, a picture that propels itself from scene to ludicrous scene with goofy, off the wall energy, constantly leaving the audience wondering what the hell its creators were thinking. Tsuburaya, for their part, are apparently so ashamed of the film that they have never allowed it to be shown in Japan. To me, however, this sort of film defines the festival experience: a rarity of questionable virtue shown to an appreciative audience that dives right in as much for the communal experience as for the film itself. It was an absolute blast."
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »

Many thanks for discovering the title of your mystery film. Because of you, I am now getting my paws on the original Thai and the Italian release versions of the film. Sadly, no subtitles though....

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  USA Robot & Ancient Japanese GOD with a mace fights a alien monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.