Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:37:26 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Star Wars, Star Trek Or Dr. Who? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Star Wars Or Star Trek Or Dr. Who
Star Wars - 9 (39.1%)
Star Trek - 4 (17.4%)
Dr. Who - 9 (39.1%)
None Of The Above Please - 1 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Star Wars, Star Trek Or Dr. Who?  (Read 9614 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: March 15, 2011, 08:07:41 PM »

The ultimate match up of nerdiness begins.  Counting all TV shows, movies, novels etc  what series do you prefer the most?  I obviously will go with Star Wars.  I never watched Dr. Who much, I did watch Star Trek TNG here and there but never cared for the series much.  Star Wars, although awful at times, wins my vote for being a huge part of my childhood.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:39:05 PM »

Doctor Who, of course!  While I do have a lot of love for Star Wars and Star Trek, I like Doctor Who a lot more. Cheers
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:43:10 PM »

My definite favorite is "Doctor Who" although I like "Star Wars" as well, in no small part due to the nostalgia factor associated with it. I do like "Star Trek", especially the original series and several of the movies but prefer the other two franchises.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Couchtr26

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »

Star Wars, I like the story and feel engaged and connected to the characters.  Star Trek isn't bad but I never really got into it and always hated the Deus Ex Machina endings.  Dr. Who I used to watch back in the Tom Baker days but lost track with a move and couldn't ever find it on anywhere since that time. 

Ah, the good old days.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:08:10 PM »

Star Wars hands down.  The charecters had more life and fun to them.  Star Trek has to many robots or robot wannabies as its charecters.  No one seems to have fun in the Star Trek Universe.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:48:22 AM »

Star Trek for me.  Loved the original series with Kirk and Spock, and season 3 of Enterprise was really good as well.  Didn't like The Next Generation, Deep Space 9 or Voyager at all though.  The Wrath of Khan was a great movie, and a few of the other ones with the original cast were pretty entertaining too.

I loved the original Star Wars, and the second movie was pretty good.  Third one kind of petered out. 

For Dr. Who I mostly watched that back in the  Tom Baker and Peter Davison days.  Really enjoyed a lot of the episodes, but I was never into it enough to count it as a big favorite.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 07:03:58 AM »

Star Wars.

I liked the old Star Trek TV series and some of the movies but nothing more beyond that.

Dr. Who never appealed to me. Some of my best friends are Dr. Who fanatics and their constant geeky drooling makes me avoid Dr. Who even more.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »

This was tough: I find all three to be 'tops' for me in three different categories, really. It was tough to choose between them.

Star Trek.  Largely an emotional choice: I hold TOS in greatest affection.  The first movie is still my favourite, on a purely emotional basis: "It's BACK!"  (Hated Wrath of Khan, btw...)  It's love.

Dr Who is a close second.  I am fond of the series also and I find I have more fun re-watching it than I do re-watching ST.  It remains interesting and amusing and bears re-visiting well.

Star Wars was great fun, still is, but in this company it has to come in third.  More like a favourite musical album.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 10:01:47 AM »

Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, but when I look back at what I've really enjoyed of Star Wars, it amounts to a couple of movies and some toys.

Same with Star Trek. There's a lot more of it, and I was a huge fan at one time, but I can still sum up what I really liked as most of TOS, about a third of TNG, a few episodes each of the other shows, five or six movies, and a few books.

Doctor Who has over 30 years of TV shows that are watchable and often excellent, and a couple of entertaining movies. It's managed to create a substantial mythos and a lot of popular characters without becoming weighed down by them. It's explored a variety of styles, settings and characterizations over the years, and managed to retain what was good. And it's been revived very successfully, with a show that has stayed fairly true to the original. It's dealt with some heavy subjects, but has always managed to retain its playfulness and fun.

It comes down to a tough choice between Star Trek and Doctor Who, but I have to go with Doctor Who as the best of the three.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »

I had to go with STAR TREK.  Heck, I remember watching it on a TV with a rabbit ear antenna when I was a little kid.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 05:11:39 PM »

I had to go with STAR TREK.  Heck, I remember watching it on a TV with a rabbit ear antenna when I was a little kid.

We had it on uhf ch.41-so we had to adjust that weird round uhf antenna thingy in the back-and sometimes you had to wrap a wire coat hanger around that to get a half way descent picture!

I went with STAR TREK too...the ORIGINAL series!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »

Dr. Who! Some episodes are just plain cheesy that it's hilarious!

yeah no.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 07:45:13 PM »

Star Wars.  I read comics, manga, watch anime, love silly bad movies, read Harry Potter, enjoy sci-fi shows, wrote fan fiction, and several other things.  I don't watch Star Trek or Dr. Who, because I can't afford to be any geekier!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM »

I love all three a great deal but my favourite is definitely Doctor Who, although I prefer the classic Doctors best. Star Trek is a very close second for me with Star Wars coming last here although I loved that as a kid too. In every case, I prefer the original series, trilogy, cast, whathaveyou. The Doctor seems to hold up to change better than most characters and at times, I even like the new version.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
venomx
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »

Star Wars for me.

Star Trek for my girl friend.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Star Wars, Star Trek Or Dr. Who? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.