Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:13:16 PM
713359 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The A Team (2010) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The A Team (2010)  (Read 3748 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: March 11, 2011, 05:20:11 AM »

I really didn't know where to put this but Good Movies won out eventually and apologies if there is another thread already ~ I couldn't find one.  TeddyR

Alpha Mike Foxtrot should not stand for Adios, Mother ****** it should stand for Another Messed up Film. I must admit, the only reason I saw this was because of Sharlto Copley being in it and after reading things about it and seeing it for the first time on DVD while eating a pizza, my first thought was that I should have watched the pizza and eaten the disc.

It does get better with repeat viewings and while it isn't the A Team I remember fondly, it is actually pretty good.

At least I got to see what Frankfurt looks like: I went there in 2002 but never got further than the airport sadly.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
66Crush
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:32:56 PM »

God I hated it. I don't even think the people working in the theater liked it, because they didn't even turn the lights off until halfway through the opening credits. I guess it was better than I thought it would be. I'd give it 1 in a half stars, instead of just one. I would have given it 2 stars, but Hannibal's accent kept slipping.
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »

Wow, I actually liked it. I liked it a lot. I was never a huge fan of the tv series but I  had a good time watching this movie. Thumbup

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
66Crush
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 03:19:49 AM »

I've often found that I enjoy these kinds of movies at the theater, a lot more than I do watching them at home. The sound is much better in a theater. The music and sound effects in movies are mastered very hot nowdays. When I watch a DVD I constantly find myself turning down the volume in the action scenes. Only to have to crank it back up when the dialogue starts.
theedinburghbteam
Dedicated Viewer

Bringing the trash home!

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »

I saw this in a cinema, whilst drinking beer, and neither of those things could make it interesting.

My main problem was that it couldn't decide wether it wanted to be totally stupid or not, and was evidently bending over backwards to get a low age rating. The bit with the flying tank was the only decent bit in my opinion.

The Edinburgh B-Team! B-Movie double bill, every Monday at the Jekyll & Hyde Pub, Hanover Street, Edinburgh, Scotland! 7pm onwards! Free entry and free popcorn!
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:47:58 AM »

I'm a huge fan of the tv series (I own the box set shaped like the van - pure 80's cheese), so I was a little worried about this.  But, I actually quite enjoyed it.  It was just a big dumb action movie, and I thought they all did pretty good jobs iwth already established characters (okay, Mr. T is VERY hard to replace, but Rampage did as good as anyone could).  Sharlto Copley was funny and the other guys did admirably as well.  I would rather watch the tv show any day of the week (except Thursday of course), but this was a lot of fun...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 12:16:38 PM »

I loved it.  I felt it did a near perfect job at capturing the old feel of the series. 

Just a quick question for those of you who didn't like it, did you like the old series? 
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »

I loved it, I wish they used the theme a bit more though.

It was like a charming Mission: Impossible type film.  Thumbup
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:38:38 PM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 08:14:17 AM »

I've never seen it. I assume you must be nostalgic of the original TV show to like the movie. I never watched the shows.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 09:03:33 AM »

I've never seen it. I assume you must be nostalgic of the original TV show to like the movie. I never watched the shows.

I've never seen an episode and I enjoyed the film.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 09:32:36 AM »

I've never seen it. I assume you must be nostalgic of the original TV show to like the movie.
You would assume wrong. 

I like the show, yes.  I like the movie because it does a god job capturing what I liked about the show without it feeling like a retread or a copycat. 
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »

Actually, this is the reason that many DIDN'T like the movie...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The A Team (2010) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.