Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:05:32 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Worst movie based games and game based movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Worst movie based games and game based movies  (Read 10963 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 10:17:19 AM »

The A-Team for Atari was downright bizarre. You controlled a floating Mr. T head that shot at little critters that moved across the screen.

Somebody actually just revamped another, more obscure game by changing the good guy into Mr. T's head. This came immediately after the industry crashed, when games were selling cheap and there was no money for development.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 05:23:14 PM »

The Wing Commander movie was terrible.

The Highlander cartoon got a video game too. It was horrible.

Wing Commander was an unwatchable abomination.  They tried, poorly.

I was going to mention Double Dragon for movie but I think someone beat me to it.  I remember watching and wondering what this had to do with Double Dragon. 

Oh yeah, Waterworld SNES.  Yes, it does exist.  No, it doesn't improve your appreciation of the movie. 

I think it was done jokingly but I'm slowly thinking they should do that Minesweeper game movie they were doing a parody video for by College Humor.  It might actually turn out good considering the competition. 

Ah, the good old days.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 12:57:29 PM »

I was going to mention Double Dragon for movie but I think someone beat me to it.  I remember watching and wondering what this had to do with Double Dragon. 

Oh yeah, Waterworld SNES.  Yes, it does exist.  No, it doesn't improve your appreciation of the movie. 

I think it was done jokingly but I'm slowly thinking they should do that Minesweeper game movie they were doing a parody video for by College Humor.  It might actually turn out good considering the competition. 

Did you know Waterworld was also on Virtual Boy? It was horrible!

Couchtr26

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »

Did you know Waterworld was also on Virtual Boy? It was horrible!

I had heard but have little experience with the Virtual Boy.  Not a fan when it was released and have never felt an attraction to try now.  Something about it was always off putting for me, can't put my finger on it. 

Robocop, Robocop 2, Robocop 3:  I actually kind of like the first game but controls are horrid and basis in the series is pretty iffy at best.  The others went further down hill. 

Hmmm, Postal the over the top nature can be refreshing in our sometimes repressed world but making a movie was truly not in its best interest. 

Let's also add Bloodrayne how it relates to Bloodrayne I still can't grasp other then Kristianna Loken looking like and being named Bloodrayne. 

I know, I'm picking on Uwe there and his movies can be quite hilarious (unintentionally or perhaps not) but sadly I do actually enjoy some of the games and feel they are very poor representations. 

Ah, the good old days.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »

Double Dragon, SMB, Street Fighter... Actually every game based movie is terrible.

Total Recall on NES is absolutely dreadful.
Well, Mortal Kombat was a tolerable film.  The sequel sucked, but for a video game based movie, it was quite enjoyable. 

As for games based on movies, two I've not seen mentioned that sucked:
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Both on the old NES.  Terrible.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 08:17:04 AM »

Double Dragon, SMB, Street Fighter... Actually every game based movie is terrible.

Total Recall on NES is absolutely dreadful.
Well, Mortal Kombat was a tolerable film.  The sequel sucked, but for a video game based movie, it was quite enjoyable. 

Friday the 13th

Me thinks we have AVGN fans in the audience.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 08:18:13 AM »

I will never look at photos of Trevor's undies...... I hope.

RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »

Friday the 13th

I'm kind of surprised to find out how many people actually enjoyed the first MK movie. Even as a teen I thought it was pretty dull, not to mention very tame. A live action version of Mortal Kombat should resemble something like Story of Ricky.

Also I will say I enjoyed playing a Rom of Nightmare on Elm St. I just had to use Cheat Codes. Because it's incredibly easy to die in that game.

=== ===
           Go Robo!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »

There's quite a few movies everybody is listing as horrible that I really liked here.  Street Fighter, Double Dragon, Mario, those were fun. 

I think the worst I've seen has to be Alone in the Dark.  That movie is so forgettable I can't remember a single thing in it, and I've watched it several times.  ... yeah.  I own it, but to be fair, I got it really cheap. 

Now as for Games based on movies, the Super Nintendo Batman and Robin was completely unplaybale.  Not even the people that made that game cared about it.  They didn't even bother to check the instruction booklet.  Half the movies they tell you how to do don't actually work in the game.  Even worse you NEED to know how to do some of those in order to get anywhere. 
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »

1.  There was a really dorky Superman video game (a coin-op).  1988, made by Taito.  A super-dorky vertical scroller, Superman had a painfully dorky looking kick.   Did I mention that the game sucked, and was dorky?

2.  Ha ha, no one has mentioned the video game "Enter the Matrix!"   That sucked, sucked, sucked.  It looked promising with its bullet time (a la Max Payne) mechanics, but it was awful.

3.  Really, the Atari Raiders of the Lost Ark game sucked.  It was intriguing in moments, but c'mon, it was bad.

4.  Let us all pause in remembrance.  Raul Julia's last movie was indeed the horrible Street Fighter movie.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 06:17:06 PM »

3.  Really, the Atari Raiders of the Lost Ark game sucked.  It was intriguing in moments, but c'mon, it was bad.

I remember a few weird details about that one, not the least of which was their attempt at playing the theme on Atari's sound generator. BounceGiggle
Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:14:57 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Couchtr26

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »

2.  Ha ha, no one has mentioned the video game "Enter the Matrix!"   That sucked, sucked, sucked.  It looked promising with its bullet time (a la Max Payne) mechanics, but it was awful.

Is that the one where you don't play as Neo and instead as those other two (the woman and think the guy had a trenchcoat)?  If that is the case, I must agree and was surprised at how crappy the camera and controls were in playing. 

Ah, the good old days.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »

The sad part is Raul Julia outshined an entire cast. That is talent.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »

Based on ones I've experienced personally...

ET for Atari 2600.  My brother got that when it was about 60 bucks on first release. (think about it, 60 bucks back then is like 100 now for a game)  The game was sh!t and unplayable.

Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure for NES.  I played that for a few days and realized there was no point to it.  You basically keep getting your ass handed to you by the enemies. 

Movie wise, Mortal Kombat Annihilation is the WORST, hands down.  The film was a complete clusterf*ck. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 10:11:17 PM »

Is that the one where you don't play as Neo and instead as those other two (the woman and think the guy had a trenchcoat)?  If that is the case, I must agree and was surprised at how crappy the camera and controls were in playing. 

Yes.  You play as Niobe or as the other guy.  Niobe's power move was fun (a sweep kick, and then a driving punch that launched the target like a missile, sideways through the air) but then you end up fighting agent Smiths who just block it.    I bet you don't even remember the driving parts in the game, do you?   (There were driving parts and they were twitchy and very exceedingly poorly executed).
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Worst movie based games and game based movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.