Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:32:01 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Worst movie based games and game based movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Worst movie based games and game based movies  (Read 11076 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »

Double Dragon, SMB, Street Fighter... Actually every game based movie is terrible.

Total Recall on NES is absolutely dreadful.
Well, Mortal Kombat was a tolerable film.  The sequel sucked, but for a video game based movie, it was quite enjoyable. 

As for games based on movies, two I've not seen mentioned that sucked:
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Both on the old NES.  Terrible.

Me thinks we have AVGN fans in the audience.
Yes.  Yes I am.  But it's true.  They were pretty terrible.

Well, Mortal Kombat was a tolerable film.  The sequel sucked, but for a video game based movie, it was quite enjoyable. 

As for games based on movies, two I've not seen mentioned that sucked:
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Both on the old NES.  Terrible.

I'm kind of surprised to find out how many people actually enjoyed the first MK movie. Even as a teen I thought it was pretty dull, not to mention very tame. A live action version of Mortal Kombat should resemble something like Story of Ricky.

True.  I'm assuming that if they went for the hard R rating, or even unrated, it could've been better.  Or extremely over the top and cheesy.  Considering it IS a video game movie based primarily around fighting, it wasn't too too bad.

I keep hearing persistent rumors about another sequel/remake/reboot.  If it DOES happen, I'd love to see it more violent and such.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »

2.  Ha ha, no one has mentioned the video game "Enter the Matrix!"   That sucked, sucked, sucked.  It looked promising with its bullet time (a la Max Payne) mechanics, but it was awful.

Is that the one where you don't play as Neo and instead as those other two (the woman and think the guy had a trenchcoat)?  If that is the case, I must agree and was surprised at how crappy the camera and controls were in playing. 

Yes.  You play as Niobe or as the other guy.  Niobe's power move was fun (a sweep kick, and then a driving punch that launched the target like a missile, sideways through the air) but then you end up fighting agent Smiths who just block it.    I bet you don't even remember the driving parts in the game, do you?   (There were driving parts and they were twitchy and very exceedingly poorly executed).

Actually, never made it that far sadly.  I had it and played and then returned the next day.  I don't know something about it was off putting.  I couldn't tolerate it much more then the little bit I played.  However, I do remember the graphics being more like PS One game then an Xbox.  I also remember the controls being very stiff and unusable.  That may also be because it was programmed a bit more like Tomb Raider, when the Xbox in its early days the controls were much smoother.  However, I may have to track down and see this driving you mentioned. 

Ah, the good old days.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »

I'll save ya the effort.
Small | Large

Couchtr26

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »

That looks pretty awful.  It looks as though controlling is a large problem.  I will have to thank you for saving me the time.  Mentioning another thought, anyone mention the Predator NES game.  Only recently picked up a copy and I must ask when did Arnold wear pink?  That is only the start of atrocities in this game. 

Ah, the good old days.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Worst movie based games and game based movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.