Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:42 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  popular movies you don't like « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: popular movies you don't like  (Read 17769 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »

Hmmm...probably anything with Will Smith in it. PG-13 horror is pathetic. Most newer movies I see advertised these days REALLY p**s me off. I'm glad I'm not a regular theater goer. Just a lot of overhyped CGI s**tfests that are severely lacking in style, atmosphere, and good old fashioned storytelling. I'd much rather watch Z-grade horror/exploitation films than the latest Hollywood blockbusters.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 06:42:33 AM »

PG-13 horror is pathetic.

Hey, don't you be dissing on The Ring and Tremors!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 06:56:37 AM »

I found There's Something About Mary to be mind meltingly bad.  I think that's because of Cameron Diaz.  I don't like her as an actor.

The Charlies Angels movies were awful.  It took me a long time to see Zoolander as a crazy comedy and not a documentary.

I didn't like Gone With The Wind or any of the Hitchcock thrillers.  And don't even get me started on Woody Allen's dreck.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pilgermann

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »

...any of the Hitchcock thrillers.

Buggedout

I don't care for:

Gone With the Wind
A Clockwork Orange
Transformers (2007)
American Beauty
Cars
Trick 'r Treat (popular in the sense that everyone who sees it seems to like it)
Blue Velvet
The Expendables (2010)
The Bourne Identity
Monster's Ball
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Animal House
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (I'm sure it's not popular on this forum)
Click
Saw

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »

Spider-Man 2

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »

Most of 'em. That's why I like "bad" movies.

Lookingup

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »

PG-13 horror is pathetic.

Hey, don't you be dissing on The Ring and Tremors!

I never saw "The Ring". I've only seen ” リ ン グ ”. (It means 'Ringu', the original Japanese version. Did I mention I know Japanese?)

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 09:07:46 AM »

And don't even get me started on Woody Allen's dreck.

^5

I'm with you !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 09:14:44 AM »

And don't even get me started on Woody Allen's dreck.

^5

I'm with you !

That makes three of us!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 09:47:25 AM »

I'm not a big fan of SAW and it's umpteen-dozen sequels and ripoffs. 

Likewise for the Blair Witch Project. 

I hated both Nolan Batman movies. 

I never saw "The Ring". I've only seen ” リ ン グ ”. (It means 'Ringu', the original Japanese version. Did I mention I know Japanese?)
I've seen both.  I think The Ring was better. 
Pilgermann

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »

PG-13 horror is pathetic

I think it's more like PG-13 horror in its more recent state (The Roomate, Darkness, Darkness Falls, The Fog remake, The Grudge, Pulse, Prom Night remake, The Unborn, When a Stranger Calls remake, Wicker Man remake (see a trend?), Cry Wolf, etc.) is pathetic.  To be honest I haven't seen any of the ones I mentioned except The Grudge but I'm pretty sure they all suck.  I can't think of many PG-13 horror flicks I like aside from maybe Drag Me to Hell, but there are older films that are either PG, G, or not rated (but would probably be PG) that are good like Jaws, The Haunting (rated G and one of the scariest movies ever!),Something Wicked This Way Comes, Nosferatu (1929), and Carnival of Souls.  I'm sure others could come up with more or better examples.

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »

"The Wizard of Oz".

I hate how good and evil are depicted as a black and white thing. No gray. You're born good or you're born evil. That's stupid. Evil isn't in our biology! It's not as simple as "That person is good, that one is bad." Also it's a very bright, happy, and campy film. I hate movies that try to be super happy. Also it all turns out to be a dream in the end. I hate dream endings.

Personally I liked it's sequel, "Return to Oz" it's a lot darker and twisted. I had more fun watching that one.

While I can't agree with hating The Wizard of Oz (although its certainly a nostalgia thing in my case), I totally agree about the whole black vs white concept (if you're looking for a really awesome childhood fantasy, I would recommend its more recent Japanese equivalent, Spirited Away, which is by no means super happy and runs on shades of grey). Also agree with liking Return to Oz, which is much closer to Baum's original intent.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »

Spider-Man 2

Urgg.... I didn't care for that movie at all.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 01:03:31 PM »

PG-13 horror is pathetic

I think it's more like PG-13 horror in its more recent state (The Roomate, Darkness, Darkness Falls, The Fog remake, The Grudge, Pulse, Prom Night remake, The Unborn, When a Stranger Calls remake, Wicker Man remake (see a trend?), Cry Wolf, etc.) is pathetic.  To be honest I haven't seen any of the ones I mentioned except The Grudge but I'm pretty sure they all suck.  I can't think of many PG-13 horror flicks I like aside from maybe Drag Me to Hell, but there are older films that are either PG, G, or not rated (but would probably be PG) that are good like Jaws, The Haunting (rated G and one of the scariest movies ever!),Something Wicked This Way Comes, Nosferatu (1929), and Carnival of Souls.  I'm sure others could come up with more or better examples.

Very true. It's possible to make a very scary and exciting movie without showing much that would warrant an R or an NC-17 rating. Some of the scariest movies I can think of would easily qualify for a PG rating today. The problem is that a few decades of exploitation horror and slasher films have taught filmmakers to make (and audiences to expect) horror that has little plot and minimal characterization, but a lot of blood, gore and violence. Instead of scaring the audience, horror films have tried to shock, surprise and gross us out. That was fine in the 70s and 80s. Today, however, corporations control the industry, and they want movies the whole family can go and see. And filmmakers seem unable or unwilling to make a scary movie that doesn't rely on a lot of blood and violence and action. So, now we get too many horror movies that have a crappy plot, no good characters, and a lot of the other stuff chopped out or left out in order to get a PG rating. There's nothing wrong with PG horror. What I think we object to is PG horror that isn't conceived and written to work within a PG rating. Bad PG horror is a movie that should be NC-17, but gets watered down to make it PG.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 07:21:01 PM »

Toy Story 2- It had more questions unanswered than answered.
Citizen Kane- I fell asleep on it.
Blade Runner- I find it hard to believe that the movie is still a neo-film noir.

just about every other new f**king comedy, Oscar grabby ass  movies (The King's Speech), slasher films, and much much more.

@Pilgermann- Cars ain't a movie, hell, it never existed! TongueOut

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  popular movies you don't like « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.