Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:42:21 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombies 2012 - Genesis « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Zombies 2012 - Genesis  (Read 9435 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 17, 2011, 12:20:48 AM »

Tomorrow I have been asked to read for a part in "Zombies 2012 - Genesis" - I do hope that this is simply a shooting title for the film.

"Oscar Bones" is showing in Boston, MA, and Cheyenne, WY, within the next 2 months.

If anyone is in the Denver, Colorado, area, I will be performing as O'Brien in "The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940" in May - at the LTC -

peter

I have no idea what this means.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 01:32:28 AM »

Break a leg, Peter.  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:19:31 AM »

If you get the part, suggest a different title.  Anything would be better than that.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:35:19 AM »

Well, they could call it Zombies of the Winter Solstice Next Year, or Zombies of the End of the World that the Mayans Didn't Predict but that Western People Insist They Did. Take your pick, they both roll so sweetly off the tongue.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »

Zombies of the End of the World that the Mayans Didn't Predict but that Western People Insist They Did.

Oh I like this title... BounceGiggle
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »

Kinda has an "Incredibly strange creatures" or "Dr. Strangelove" vibe to it.  I like it!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 02:48:44 PM »

Awwww. Thanks guys.  Cheers

WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »

I agree with the redoing the title. Putting the year on a movie is kindof a kiss of death for it after that year passes. Of course if zombies do actually take over the earth in 2012 that might help your ticket sales a bit.   Buggedout

Anyone remember that crummy "End Of Days" movie staring Arnold the "Guvernator" himself fighting satan to prevent the end of the world at the turn of the year 2000. Yeah, I saw that movie on tape in 2001 thinking "But I already know how this ends". Best to keep time-frames vague in a movie unless you are planning to point to a very specific historical event.

Good luck getting in this film anyhow. If you do show up in it that would be cool no matter what it is called.

On a related note, if the Mayans could predict the future why didn't they spear Cortez in the face the second he stepped off his boat?  Question

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
peter johnson

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 12:46:40 AM »

I utterly and completely agree with everyone who is objecting to the title, but these guys are exploitation FOR REAL - they want to have everything shot & edited by December 2011, so that they may appear at the LA Convention, that no-one is allowed to enter without a huge bank account, in January 2012,  in order to market it to German Deutches & etc.   They have already spent $10,000.00 to get a table there, even before having shot the film.  This is how confident they are.

peter

Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »

Yea, Peter!

Title wise, yeah, this needs help. I've seen so many 2012 related titles I could plotz.
Hummm...

MAYAN ZOMBIES AT THE BORDER...TEETH AT YOUR THROAT...ZOMBIES IN THE RUINS...DISEMBOWEL ME SLOWLY...

And if they keep the current title, maybe a cameo of Phil Collins being eaten at a concert....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:22:38 AM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
peter johnson

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 11:51:08 PM »

Patiently waiting to appear . . . see Oscar Bones in Boston on March 24 and in Cheyenne on May 11 -

peter

WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »

@Peter - just out of curiosity what kind of role are you auditioning for with the Zombie 2012 film?

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Zombies 2012
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 09:46:18 PM »

Hey folks, this thread was brought to my attention, so I thought I would jump in and clarify a few things. 

1. "Zombies 2012 - Genesis" is not the title of the film.  The title of the film is "Genesis".  Our production company is being formed as a Limited Liability Corporation and it's name is Zombies 2012 L.L.C. 

2. Zombies 2012 refers to the year I hope the first film will come out, not anything Mayan, or 2012 related.  In fact, the film makes no reference to the actual date at all, and the art direction of the film intentionally makes it difficult to pinpoint an exact date, or even era.  For instance, all of the vehicles used in the film are restored from the 60's and 70's.  There is no vehicle in the film newer then 1971.  The wardrobe is also being done with vintage pieces from the 60's and 70's.  However, the characters have modern iPods, cell phones, and make reference to current events such as Katrina and the war in the Middle East.   The primary set is a farmhouse, which looks like it is right out of the 1950's.  (The house was built in 1901.)  There is a vague reference to a comet coming by soon, playing into the whole 2012 thing, but that is about it.   

3. Don't think B-Movie.  You might be disappointed.   My goal is to create something familiar, but different.  (Familiar in terms of the zombie attack and a siege film, but different in how we approach the material, both from a physical production standpoint, and also an artistic one.)   Sure, there is some nudity and violence, but every bit is essential to either character or plot development.  So I am not even sure it would qualify as exploitation, but that is a large genre and I am sure it could at some level, but that is not the point.   (But it should have some kick ass scenes still.) 

4. Yes, we are so confident we already have set aside the funds to buy our office space and exhibitor pass for the American Film Market.  (Around $10,000 like Peter said.)  The AFM in Santa Monica has more then 1500 buyers from 70+ countries that are serious and motivated about buying films.   There is little sense in spending thousands of dollars  making a commercial film and then only playing it at festivals where mom and dad are in the audience hoping that some agent or buyer will see it.  It only makes sense to show it at a market where someone has a checkbook that can actually make things happen, and that reality means the markets at either Cannes, Berlin or Santa Monica.    The only reason we do not already have our office space in Santa Monica yet is that it does not go on sale until early April.  But Peter is correct, we are confident, and moving forward.   

I hope that clarifies things a bit.  This looks like a great community of people, and I am glad someone pointed it out to us. 

See you in the theaters! 

Michael McCarthy
Writer/Director 

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »

I guess that shows how prevalent 2012 "end-fo-the-world" theories have become, as I'll admit I made the automatic assumption.

Good luck in the endeavor.

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 11:40:54 AM »

Well, they could call it Zombies of the Winter Solstice Next Year, or Zombies of the End of the World that the Mayans Didn't Predict but that Western People Insist They Did. Take your pick, they both roll so sweetly off the tongue.

Funny.   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombies 2012 - Genesis « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.