Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:24:31 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombies 2012 - Genesis « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Zombies 2012 - Genesis  (Read 9438 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 04:26:37 PM »

3. Don't think B-Movie.  You might be disappointed.   My goal is to create something familiar, but different.  (Familiar in terms of the zombie attack and a siege film, but different in how we approach the material, both from a physical production standpoint, and also an artistic one.)   Sure, there is some nudity and violence, but every bit is essential to either character or plot development.  So I am not even sure it would qualify as exploitation, but that is a large genre and I am sure it could at some level, but that is not the point.   (But it should have some kick ass scenes still.) 

Intriguing.  Care to elaborate on how you plan to approach the genre to make it "different"?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 07:13:47 PM »

Hi Zombies 2012 rep. Please don't take our harrasment into consideration when reflecting on Peter's potential for being in your movie. If it's any consolation, we harrass all movies good and bad.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »

I don't think we were really harassing it, PJ reported the name of the movie wrong. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zombies 2012
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 10:32:03 PM »

Hi Zombies 2012 rep. Please don't take our harrasment into consideration when reflecting on Peter's potential for being in your movie. If it's any consolation, we harrass all movies good and bad.

We would never do that, and we did not take it as harassment.  We only wanted to clarify because we know how the internet works. 
Zombies 2012
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »

3. Don't think B-Movie.  You might be disappointed.   My goal is to create something familiar, but different.  (Familiar in terms of the zombie attack and a siege film, but different in how we approach the material, both from a physical production standpoint, and also an artistic one.)   Sure, there is some nudity and violence, but every bit is essential to either character or plot development.  So I am not even sure it would qualify as exploitation, but that is a large genre and I am sure it could at some level, but that is not the point.   (But it should have some kick ass scenes still.) 

Intriguing.  Care to elaborate on how you plan to approach the genre to make it "different"?

I guess you will just have to buy the DVD.  ;O) 

Seriously though, our hope is to make a film that is both artistic and commercial.   

The most striking difference hopefully will be the visual style of the film, the pacing, and tone.  The plan is to not resort to the type of quick camera movements and dramatic music that we often associate with violence or action films, and thereby allowing the structure of the film to change your perception of the violence.  Hopefully the violence will be more shocking and upsetting.  Not from the standpoint of anything you see, but rather from what you feel, because it seems to be taking place in a world that continues to feel realistic, even though your mind is telling you that it is not.

It took 4 days to write the first 84 page draft of the script, and over a year to tweak the elements and visual references I wanted.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombies 2012 - Genesis « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.