Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:12:53 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The 3 Stooges! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The 3 Stooges!  (Read 5535 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 17, 2011, 09:50:05 PM »

I love the Stooges. Moe,Curly,Larry,Shemp.
Not many things make me laff out loud. I laff so hard watching these featherbrains my stomach hurts!  BounceGiggle
Never cared for Joe Besser or Joe DeRita.
Who is your favorite Stooge?
Most folks say Curly. He is wonderful.
I don't have a favorite-I love them all-but I got a soft spot for Larry...the poor guy gets the s**t hit outta him for NO REASON!
And Shemp-he was such a dope-and his bangs....!
Of course the boss Moe...!
Their humor is timeless. This tuff dates back from the 30's to the 60's! Yet-my kids loved em. Pure funny.
Moe,Curly and Shemp were really bothers. Larry was there childhood buddy.  Smile

I love em all!

Small | Large

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:13:20 PM »

My favourite is actually Shemp! Anyways I love the Stooges, especially their early stuff. Whenever I watch them with my girlfriend, she breaks into hysterics laughing. I've never met anyone here who didn't like the Stooges.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:05:11 AM »

My favourite is actually Shemp! Anyways I love the Stooges, especially their early stuff. Whenever I watch them with my girlfriend, she breaks into hysterics laughing. I've never met anyone here who didn't like the Stooges.

Shemp's a real p**ser!  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Small | Large

I just watched this clip 3 times inna row....my stomach hurts from laffing.....!

Here's a treat-Moe,Larry,Shemp-and a cameo with Curly!!!!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:34:10 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:36:07 AM »

Actually, Larry has always been my favorite.  Not sure why.  Something about his delivery.  I bought the entire series of 3 Stooges boxed sets that have all the episodes in chronological order.  I just finished box #3 and will probably start on #4 this weekend.  I'm almost at the end of the Curly episodes and Shemp will be coming soon.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »

I've noticed lately that IFC has been showing mini-marathons of the Stooges, I just haven't taken the time to watch any of them.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:43:56 AM »

Actually, Larry has always been my favorite.  Not sure why.  Something about his delivery.  I bought the entire series of 3 Stooges boxed sets that have all the episodes in chronological order.  I just finished box #3 and will probably start on #4 this weekend.  I'm almost at the end of the Curly episodes and Shemp will be coming soon.

Same here!  I bought all eight volumes and couldn't be happier - great quality, and I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually finished the series (I was sure they would give up partway through Shemp, or at the very least leave out the post-Shemp years).  I never get tired of the stooges!

I would have to say that my favorite stooges has always been Curly.  I know that's the safe answer, and I do love the other guys, but Curly is just the one that's always made me laugh the most...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »

I could never care for Shemp the way I did for Curly.  As far as I'm concerned  Curly made the Stooges.

Without cheating who can tell me the Stooge's real names?   and what was Curly's family nickname?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »

I could never care for Shemp the way I did for Curly.  As far as I'm concerned  Curly made the Stooges.

Without cheating who can tell me the Stooge's real names?   and what was Curly's family nickname?
Curly's nick name was Babe. Horowititz was the family name. Shemp,Moe,and Larry were the original stooges in vaudville. Curly,Moe and Shemp were brothers.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »

Larry's name was Feinberg.   Shemp's name was Samuel , Moe's was Moses, and Curly's name  was Germome .

Moe, Larry, and Shemp worked for a guy named Ted Healy.  Shemp quit to start a solo career, but the real reason was the fact that he couldn't take the abuse from Healy.

Moe recommended Curly, but Curly was hesitent to shave his head and moustache because it damaged his sex appeal.   He was an accomplished ball room dancer and liked the ladies.  They went out on their own and got a contract with Columbia Picturers. They worked there for 24 years and never got a raise. They did live shows at theaters all over the country for extra income.

Moe was sort of a father to the others.  He had to manage their money because Curly was quick to blow his and Larry evidently was an easy target  and  apt to loaning money to folks who didn't pay it back.

When Shemp died, Larry and Moe tried to recruit  Joe (Curly Joe) Derita, but  the studio forced Joe Besser on them because he was under contract to the studio.  Besser quit because he couldn't take the rough stuff.  Derita joined them in the movies and the cartoon show. 

Almost all the shorts that were made with Shemp and Joe Besser were remakes of the shorts they made with Curly.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:54:06 PM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »

I grew up with the Stooges and my brother made me a tape of their greatest hits.  I find a good old slap in the face (verbally/physically) is still the key to good comedy.  Hence, as RC mentioned above, is why their brand of comedy is priceless.  Plus people have always loved dumb dumbs to laugh at. 

I honestly can't pick a favorite Stooge, they pretty much all made me laugh at some point.  (minus Joe who I never really found funny) 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »

Remember the cartoon THE THREE ROBONIC STOOGES, where the Stooges were robots?  One of the worst cartoons ever and a slap in the face to the real 3 Stooges.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »

I've read after Shemp's death Moe really wanted to hire Mantan Moreland as the third stooge, but Columbia balked at having a black stooge. Moreland certainly would have better a better fit than Besser or DeRita.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »

I'll be the token "young'un" posting here, but I love the Three Stooges!  I remember watching them on some old VHS tapes, recorded from TV or another VHS or something.  My favourite was always Moe.  I don't know why.  (I did sort of like his hair).

But yeah, I would watch this religiously as a little kid.  I'll probably go and have Three Stooges Marathon sometime. Thumbup
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »

Remember the cartoon THE THREE ROBONIC STOOGES, where the Stooges were robots?  One of the worst cartoons ever and a slap in the face to the real 3 Stooges.

Yep I remember the Three Robonic Stooges.  It was on in the mid 70's, and I agree it wasn't the greatest show, especially since Jabberjaw, (who I nicknamed Curly The Shark for obvious reasons) was on sometime afterward.  Agreed it wasn't a great show.

To answer the question of who was my favorite, I really didn't have one. I have to admit that Curly and Shemp were funny in their own right, and Joe Besser was out for me.

Joe DeRita was alright, but it was clear that they were trying for another Curly.  Even though, I have a soft spot for The New 3 Stooges from the 60's, and I watched the reruns every day after school.  Moe and Larry showed some serious physical fortitude for a pair of guys in their 70's.

I was also being driven to school by my mother when I heard of Moe Howard's passing on a lovely warm day in early spring of 1974 or '5. Howard Cosell had it on his little "Speaking Of Sports" bit on ABC 5 minutes or so before 9AM. I was bummed out the rest of the week.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
The Burgomaster

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, I would go around saying stuff like "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk" and "Woob-woob-woo!" like Curly and I imagine I was really obnoxious about it.  My mother would threaten to stop letting me watch the Stooges if I didn't stop imitating Curly.  She never followed through with this threat . . . which probably explains how I ended up being such an ass.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The 3 Stooges! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.