Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:37:08 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Debt Crisis . . . Whose fault? And how do we fix it? (PT, PF) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: The Debt Crisis . . . Whose fault? And how do we fix it? (PT, PF)  (Read 31208 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2011, 04:37:46 PM »

Please don't bother responding to barack clinton.  He's been banned.  Not for his views, but for abusing this forum's hospitality. 
If he's been banned, how is it he's able to post? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »

Please don't bother responding to barack clinton.  He's been banned.  Not for his views, but for abusing this forum's hospitality. 

Understood. I withdrew my post.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »

He has another alias that has been banned. Andrew turned off guest posting on the forums so he can no longer post under the guest name.  Now that he officially registered under the barack clinton moniker, it is now banned as well. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 05:13:50 PM »

He has another alias that has been banned. Andrew turned off guest posting on the forums so he can no longer post under the guest name.  Now that he officially registered under the barack clinton moniker, it is now banned as well. 

So, on a completely different topic, but does that mean that people who read Reviews have to register? Question

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 05:54:01 PM »

So, on a completely different topic, but does that mean that people who read Reviews have to register? Question

Only if they want to post a comment. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »

Actually, if he had JOINED, I would have been willing to tolerate his nonsense.  It was his showing up as a guest and flaming everyone that ticked me off.  Darn . . . I actually gave him a karma point for being willing to sign on!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »

Actually, if he had JOINED, I would have been willing to tolerate his nonsense.  It was his showing up as a guest and flaming everyone that ticked me off.  Darn . . . I actually gave him a karma point for being willing to sign on!
And I just took that point away by smiting him.  Nonetheless, when an ID has been "banned" I don't think they would be still receiving karma...  Question

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »

Doggett - may not know this, but I am a raving Anglophile.  England carried the torch of civilization and democracy for all of the nineteenth and twentieth century...
As far as democracy having had it's "torch carried" ...huh? ...You think by actions in Africa, the Indian sub-continent, China... Ireland??  Question

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »

No country is perfect.  But American democracy has its roots in England.  Every race and nationality on this planet has been oppressed, and has been the oppressor, at one time or another in their history.

But here's a question:  Would India be a democracy at all if they had NOT been a British colony for 200 years?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 11:19:09 PM »

No country is perfect.  But American democracy has its roots in England.  Every race and nationality on this planet has been oppressed, and has been the oppressor, at one time or another in their history.

But here's a question:  Would India be a democracy at all if they had NOT been a British colony for 200 years?
No country is perfect...?  Nor is your commentary.   Perfect my arse.  You suggest that modern India exists because of centuries of exploitation and oppression? 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 11:27:52 PM »

Imperialism had an ugly side, to be sure.  But the British took that whole "white man's burden" concept pretty seriously, and did make an effort to improve the places they colonized.  Generally speaking, that meant taking the children of the upper classes and giving them an education and some training in the arts of government.  But, in India, they also banned some of the more barbaric customs of the locals - like cremating women still alive on the funeral pyres of their husbands -not to mention the caste system - and built roads, schools, and hospitals FOR THE NATIVES that are still in use today.  They also stole massive amounts of natural resources and cruelly exploited native workers.  But the native rulers were just as cruel to the underclasses, if not more so.  I guess my point was that, compared to some of the other colonizing powers, like Belgium and Spain, the British left both a positive and negative legacy in the lands they occupied.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »

Imperialism had an ugly side, to be sure.  But the British took that whole "white man's burden" concept pretty seriously, and did make an effort to improve the places they colonized.  Generally speaking, that meant taking the children of the upper classes and giving them an education and some training in the arts of government.  But, in India, they also banned some of the more barbaric customs of the locals - like cremating women still alive on the funeral pyres of their husbands -not to mention the caste system - and built roads, schools, and hospitals FOR THE NATIVES that are still in use today.  They also stole massive amounts of natural resources and cruelly exploited native workers.  But the native rulers were just as cruel to the underclasses, if not more so.  I guess my point was that, compared to some of the other colonizing powers, like Belgium and Spain, the British left both a positive and negative legacy in the lands they occupied.

isn't that what the Sphere of Influence does?

yeah no.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2011, 06:45:41 AM »

OK, I'll admit I'm not entirely sure what your reference is here . . .  Question

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »

I'm curious, how did this turn into a history discussion on Imperialism? I thought we were talking about the national debt.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 03:06:59 PM »

OK, I'll admit I'm not entirely sure what your reference is here . . .  Question

It was during the Imperialism era, where China was going to have a new gov't and multiple world powers came to China to "Influence" their gov't.  That is what I can recall from US history this year.

yeah no.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Debt Crisis . . . Whose fault? And how do we fix it? (PT, PF) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.