Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:22:17 AM
713385 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Guilty Pleasure TV Shows? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure TV Shows?  (Read 21820 times)
venomx
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 11:46:34 AM »

I'll occasionally watch women's gymnastics.  Like most guys I suppose  TeddyR
Guilty.
And womens tennis too.

Don't forget ESPN back in the day... Body Shaping, Kiana's Flex Appeal, Yoga. Thumbup

Also guilty.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »

Judge Judy.  She doesn't always explain her legal reasoning.  She frequently asks legally irrelevant, embarrassing questions because of the entertainment value, and she's deliberately rude, again for entertainment value.  But I find it entertaining to decide the cases. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »

The brawls. The fights. The cast. The characters. The dialogue. The humour. The music. The tears. The fears. The villains. That's what makes a guilty pleasure for me. Thus, here are my guilty TV pleasures in alphabetical order.

The Adventures of Robin Hood
Batman (1966)
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
Burke's Law (1963)
Covington Cross
C.P.O. Sharky
Desperate Housewives
Doctor Who
The Doctors (1963)
Friday the 13th (1987)
Hercules: the Legendary Journeys
Hull High
The Lost World (1999)
The Love Boat: the Next Wave
New Avengers
Prisoner (1979)
Second Noah
Shirley Temple Theatre
The Tribe
The Untouchables (1959)
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color
War of the Worlds (1988)
The Wild, Wild West
Xena: Warrior Princess
The Yellow Rose

Summary: as I said in a previous post, I haven't watched much TV in the past three years, but I watched alot of TV in the previous five decades before that, and this is the result. I was surprised at how much respect many of these shows get now, even the real obscure ones that were on less than an year. To keep things imaginable, I didn't post my guilty pleasures among the cartoon shows on TV that I saw. Those I'll post later. Thus, to be continued . . .
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »

Judge Judy.  She doesn't always explain her legal reasoning.  She frequently asks legally irrelevant, embarrassing questions because of the entertainment value, and she's deliberately rude, again for entertainment value.  But I find it entertaining to decide the cases. 

A few years back, it was on the news that her grandson was beaten up on a playground somewhere.  According to the story, he was acting the same way as his grandmother when it happened, that insulting, condescending and instigational manner. 

No suprise as to why that happened......

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 08:47:18 AM »

Spongebob - I liked it when it first came out, and then I stopped watching it for many years and claimed I didn't like it, but since my daughter has started to watch it I f'n LOVE it!  It's SO funny!  My friends still think it's stupid but I'm sure it's because they haven't sat and watched it.  Adam West and Ernest Borgnine do voices for Mermaid Man!  And Dauber from Coach is Patrick!

Spongebob?  I'm divided on the show. It is funny to be sure, but Spongebob is a very grating character-that constant chattering, and that starry-eyed ADHD "kid in a candy store" attitude. Then, he has this constant insistence and imposition upon the other characters as he acts with endless optimism.  It's enough to make you crazy somedays.

However, the show does have it's genuinely funny moments centered around other character's reactions to Spongebob, and there's some good music, like the " Spongeob Tore His Pants" song.  Very reminiscent of the old 60's beach-era music.

Just asking too, but wasn't it Ernest Borgnine and Tim Conway that do Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy?  BTW-those two are funny as all hell.

"Quick Barnacle Boy, to the Invisible Boat-Mobile! "   BounceGiggle

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 08:52:12 AM »

Just asking too, but wasn't it Ernest Borgnine and Tim Conway that do Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy?  BTW-those two are funny as all hell.

Yep, it is!  And in one episode Adam West played a young Mermaid Man and Burt Ward played a young Barnacle Boy! TeddyR
Paquita

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »

However, the show does have it's genuinely funny moments centered around other character's reactions to Spongebob, and there's some good music, like the " Spongeob Tore His Pants" song.  Very reminiscent of the old 60's beach-era music.

The Bubble Bowl song was the best!  There's an episode called Ear Worm where this Musical Doodle song gets stuck in Spongebob's head and ruins his life.  After I heard that song I couldn't get it out of my head either!  But it didn't ruin my life... I just think they have to have some talented people there that can write a song that does that.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 09:26:23 AM »

Yep, it is!  And in one episode Adam West played a young Mermaid Man and Burt Ward played a young Barnacle Boy! TeddyR

Oh wow, how cool is that?  BounceGiggle

It's amazing what Batman and Robin did for superheroes. The old Batman TV show is still one of the greatest and funniest shows, ever.  To the day they go to that big stately Wayne Manor in the sky, Mr, West and Mr. Ward will forever be Batman and Robin.

Some say that Bob Kane's creation of Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse was the inspiration for Batman and Robin, with the "Cat Gun" and the "Cat Cave" and all. I'd say it's a good bet.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »

The Bubble Bowl song was the best!  There's an episode called Ear Worm where this Musical Doodle song gets stuck in Spongebob's head and ruins his life.  After I heard that song I couldn't get it out of my head either!  But it didn't ruin my life... I just think they have to have some talented people there that can write a song that does that.

True. I remember the Ear Worm episode too  Smile

And yeah, some very talented song writers. I liked the one where the all became a heavy metal band and Squidward had huge muscles and a black t-shirt. 

And then there's the "Fun" song...right up there with "Don't Worry, Be Happy."

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »

In terms of good Spongebob episodes, I remember one where the Krust Krab is bought up by a corporation.  The corporation changes it into a cheesy family restaurant, and then when Mr. Krabs loses all the money he got from selling the place, they hire him back as a waiter.  There's quite a bit of social commentary in this and other episodes.  I especially remember with this one, after the corporation bought the place, they started using synthetic patties, in a scene reminiscent of Soylent Greens. Thumbup
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »

Actually I like a lot of the other shows named here (see below)...funny thing is I never felt guilty for liking them before.

Gilligan's Island
The Three Stooges
The New Avengers
Batman (1960s)
Doctor Who
Friday the 13th
Hercules & Xena
The Wild Wild West

Nor did I feel guilty for liking:

Battlestar Galactica (1970s)
Buck Rogers (1970s)
Star Trek (Original Series)
Forever Knight
RoboCop: the Series
M.A.N.T.I.S.
Three's Company
The Ropers
DeGrassi (the classic shows)

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
venomx
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2011, 07:47:03 PM »

Friday the 13th

The show right? I remember that. How about that episode with the tree house/club house in the backyard teleporting and trapping kids into some creepy dimension...
Hammock Rider

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 09:37:20 AM »

40 years later I still scratch my head at this show.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »

I watch movies on Lifetime and Oxygen when I need a good cry.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »

Here are my guilty pleasures among the animated TV series I saw on TV. They're my guilty pleasures for much the same reason that the live action TV series posted above were. But, instead of being posted in alphabetical order by title, I've posted these in chronological order by which I saw 'em on TV.

The Mighty Mouse Playhouse (1955)
Beany and Cecil (1959)
Hoppity Hooper (1964)
Jonny Quest (1964)
The Lone Ranger (1966)
The Mighty Heroes (1966)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1967)
The Pink Panther Show (1969)
Star Blazers (1979)
The Real Ghost Busters (1986)
Count Duckula (1988)
The Further Adventures of Super Ted (1989)
The Wizard of Oz (1990)

Summary. If it surprised me how much respect my guilty pleasures among the live action TV series got, then it surprised me how little respect these got, even though many of them are due as much respect as the live action TV series. I'm also surprised at how many of these are foreign TV productions, even more so the live action TV productions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Guilty Pleasure TV Shows? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.