Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:21:45 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Gamers: Least favorite level/dungeon/area in a game? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Gamers: Least favorite level/dungeon/area in a game?  (Read 11629 times)
venomx
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 07:35:52 AM »

CastleVania 1 - NES. Level 4 aka stage 10 to 12 (Frankenstein's Dungeon)

This level was always a challenge for me. Idk why lol...

Pic 1. If you dont have the clock to stop time the bats will fly all over you when you're jumping to the little platforms... get it wrong and you'll fall into the water for a quick KILL.

Pic 2. Frankenstein's Monster and Egor. Thats 'Igor'... whatever. Anyway It's hard to fight the Monster when Egor is jumping all over the screen shooting fireballs at you. Holy Water helps make this battle easy though.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 08:10:20 AM »

Resident Evil for PS1 when the green head slicer guys come out.  Words can't say how annoying it is when you're one step from a save point and you get your head sliced off.  arrgggggg

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
venomx
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »

Oh yes! The Hunters... they suck. Just when you think you are in the clear. NOT!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 08:16:57 AM »

Resident Evil for PS1 when the green head slicer guys come out.  Words can't say how annoying it is when you're one step from a save point and you get your head sliced off.  arrgggggg

Oh yes! The Hunters... they suck. Just when you think you are in the clear. NOT!

They are even a huge pest in the Rail shooter games.  They hit hard, dodge bullets, and they tons of damage!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »

Sonic 3.  The Carnival Night level.  And I speak strictly as a spectator here: I can still hear the screams.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
venomx
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »

Super Mario NES. The levels with 1up tricks. I could NEVER do it. It's too hard.

Small | Large
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »

Going back to Mega man (still the hardest game in the series IMO).. I used to REALLY hate the things that would shoot at you while you had to jump on their heads.  If they shot you or you missed your jump you fall to your death.  And later on one of the Wily levels you get to traverse an area with spikes and these guys would be there.  If you stayed too long on one they'd push you up against the spiked ceiling.  $#!+!!!

I HATE the final boss of Fatal Fury 1, Geese Howard.  Cheap beyond belief, and MUCH easier in successive games in the series.

After all these years I still REALLY HATE the Eggplant men from Kid Icarus.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »

The damn clock tower level of Castlevania 3. 

DarkSider's Realm

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 09:35:42 PM »

Oh yeah!  I'd forgotten how much I hate the outer circle of Hircine's Ice maze in the BLOODMOON expansion to Morrowing.  I got killed like six times in a row earlier.  One werewolf, or two, I can handle.  SIX AT A TIME?  I go down like a submarine, only I don't get up again!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 09:37:41 PM »

I hate any level of the GTA game series when my guy is almost in the clear and then decides to get winded.  It drives me friggin' nuts because at that point he gets gunned down easily.

DarkSider's Realm

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 03:48:47 AM »

The stage where you unlock Yo-Yo in Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast.
Once you figure out where to go, it's actually fun, but there is NO indication as to where to go.
Or perhaps it's just me.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 07:38:42 AM »

the third level of Battle toads. TongueOut

yeah no.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »

The Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. Yeah, I know almost every Zelda fan hates it and it's a bit of a cliche to say you hate it, but it is an unnecessarily difficult level with an ongoing puzzle that you're just about guaranteed to screw up if you don't have a walkthrough right in front in front of you.

At least the game's creator apologized for one of the most annoying aspects of that level: having to go into your inventory frequently to constantly equip and unequip the Iron Boots to sink or float as needed.
venomx
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 09:19:05 AM »

The damn clock tower level of Castlevania 3. 

It seems I agree again...

I believe most of the clock towers in the CastleVania games are difficult.
It's all because of those damn flying Medusa heads.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 03:16:38 AM »

Actually Joe I'd nominate any level past the first one on Ninja Gaiden for NES.  I have bite marks on my NES controller from that game.  I beat it once, never went back.

I still have not forgiven that game, and probably never will.  Strangely, I still rate it an 8 out of 10.  To be honest, though, I'm not a big fan of the Ninja Gaiden series.  I wasn't all too impressed with the new stuff and I don't care for the arcade beat 'em up.  The first two on NES are the only ones I really care for.

As a kid I hated that ! I've never pleayed the game as an adult for all I know I could do it rather easily now, but it took over a year to do that level.
My sis then deleted the save files and, I kid you not, I cried.

Similar thing happened to me when I played Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.  I was really close to the end of the game and my mom let my niece play it.  She deleted my file.  Not nearly as aggravating as your situation, but still disheartening starting over.

Ghosts 'n Goblins Third level can't make it past the multiple gargoyles and still have never done it. 

THe GNG series is another one that only has select games that I care for.  By "Select games," I really mean "one game on the Sega Genesis."

---

I also seem to remember there being a really irritating dungeon in Beyond the Beyond that had invisible holes everywhere. I swear to god that dungeon took me an entire week to complete.  So not worth it, too, as that game is horrible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Gamers: Least favorite level/dungeon/area in a game? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.