Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:17:40 AM
714260 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Politicians Really Annoy Me! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Politicians Really Annoy Me!  (Read 5052 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« on: March 26, 2011, 06:16:05 AM »

Today, the state of New South Wales held an election.  The Liberal Party won (akin to the US Republicans) and they ousted the Labor Party (equiv. Democrats).  The new leader is right now making his acceptance/victory speech and he's blathering on about what he's going to do for the state and the people.

And I'm sitting here thinking to myself, "stop lying you deceitful b.astard!".  I've heard those kinds of promises so many times before from politicians and it makes me sick.  How can the public keep falling for the same old lies?  How is it that these pollies can get up in front of a podium and say stuff that they never end up delivering on?

I don't live in New South Wales but I was born there and lived there for a large part of my life.  And things aren't better, they are worse.

Maybe I'm just cynical but I find myself rolling my eyes and hoping like heck that the zombies take over.  At least then we won't have to listen to the drivel of liars any more.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
dean

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 06:31:10 AM »

It'll be like here in Victoria: the Libs promise to do so much, but then a few months in realise they can't keep their promise and backflip on all their key promises.

The Liberals are pretty horrible [Tony Abbott is the scariest human on the planet in my eyes] but to be fair, the Labour party in NSW were pretty terrible: four Premiers in four years is not a great lead up to an election.
 Bluesad

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:05:04 AM »

A goil after me own heart!  Thumbup

I agree=they're a bunch of lying salesmen-once the sale is made,they are out for number one. We,across the world in Michigan,have a self serving a***ole by the name of Rick Snyder as governor of our already in the s**t can state making things worse by raising taxes,f*cking school teachers,and now he wants to tax senior citizens retirement funds! Gawd dam milker! (Oh-milker is a term used to describe people who dont work-they just suck the tit of those that do.)
ARGH! Makes me wanna turn into an anarchist!!!!!!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »

same her, all of these promises that are just words. Hatred

yeah no.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »

I Agree, with you all.  It seems that most of them are the most corrupt self serving ill informed people, and they steer our society.  They do it by pandering to any one who supports them, and lining their own pockets.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »

A goil after me own heart!  Thumbup

I agree=they're a bunch of lying salesmen-once the sale is made,they are out for number one. We,across the world in Michigan,have a self serving a***ole by the name of Rick Snyder as governor of our already in the s**t can state making things worse by raising taxes,f*cking school teachers,and now he wants to tax senior citizens retirement funds! Gawd dam milker! (Oh-milker is a term used to describe people who dont work-they just suck the tit of those that do.)
ARGH! Makes me wanna turn into an anarchist!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBojbjoMttI

I can relate. I live in Wisconsin and you all probably heard what the Governor did.  Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
venomx
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 10:48:13 AM »

We can't do a Politicians Topic without...

I summon to the field...

Indianasmith and lester1/2jr! Thumbup

It's just a better read when they get involved. (Cue the music!)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:57:05 AM by Venomx » Logged
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 06:42:25 PM »

That amuses to no end that the liberal party is the aussie eqivalent of the republicans here. People here hurl the words conservative and liberal as if they were insults.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 07:28:55 PM »

It'll be like here in Victoria: the Libs promise to do so much, but then a few months in realise they can't keep their promise and backflip on all their key promises.

The Liberals are pretty horrible [Tony Abbott is the scariest human on the planet in my eyes] but to be fair, the Labour party in NSW were pretty terrible: four Premiers in four years is not a great lead up to an election.
 Bluesad

I hear that. Tony Abbott scares the heck out of me too.  He's particularly scary to women.  If he gets anywhere near real power, all our personal freedoms will be demolished.  He's not only incompetent and backwards, he's a moron too boot.  A completely scary combination.

New South Wales is pretty much stuffed at the outset.  The Libs will run the state into the ground worse than Labor and I won't be surprised if there is a civil war there.  A little dramatic perhaps but when it happens you can say you heard it here first!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
dean

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »

Hahaha, yeah I wouldn't be too surprised if they just collapsed on themselves.

The thing about Abbott that gets me is that he embodies all the things I don't like in a politician: he's a climate denier, anti feminist [or at least he doesn't seem to have a good understanding of women in general] and he's just that little bit too religious that I think it will get in the way of his politics [in my mind, that's a dangerous combination.]

That and the fact that he'll probably win the next election is just scary...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »

It's a personal hatred of mine when a man starts talking about my personal reproductive rights.  Men have no idea what it is to carry a child, give birth to a child and deal with all the physical and emotional issues that come with all of that.  They also have no idea what it is to be a victim of sexual asault that could result in a child and the heartbreaking decisions that go along with that either. 

Considering he has 3 daughters of his own, I'm surprised he's not more progressive, even with his religious beliefs.  But I can bet my left earlobe that his daughters aren't the squeaky clean girls he thinks they are.  Whenever you have parents who are oppressive in some way, the kids always rebel.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 12:29:55 AM »

Hmmm . . . dare I stick my toe into this water?

OK, I teach U.S. government, and I'm a fairly conservative Republican on most issues.

I think most people who go into politics do so with good intentions.  The system itself becomes corrupting over time.  The good guys try to let the corruption touch them as little as possible and do what they believe to be right, that will give the most benefit to the greatest number of people.  The rest get sucked into the system, do favors for those who give favors in return, and ultimately care only about either being re-elected or else elected to higher office than the one they currently hold.  But it is very hard from the outside to tell which is which.  What appears to be a political payoff might be just that - or it might be the least objectionable option available.

I realize that abortion is explosive ground to step on, and I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - especially you, KB, because you are one of my favorite people.  I am a strong believer in reproductive choice when it comes to people choosing whether or not to have sex and choosing whether or not to use contraception.  But for me, abortion always comes down to snuffing out a human life.  I can't get over that.  Two beating hearts go into a clinic, only one comes out.  As much respect as I have for women, as much belief as I have in individual freedom, I just can't take it that far.  Not because I am some reactionary Neanderthal thug, but because I love children.  Sexual assault cases are, of course, the number one thing that those who believe in abortion always throw in the face of those who think like me.  That, and incest.  Those are horrible, horrible things, and those who perpetrate them, quite frankly, merit a death penalty in my point of view.  Statistically speaking, those activities - especially rape - very, very rarely result in pregnancy.  When they do, it is a terrible conundrum.  I can fully understand that no woman wants to bear the child of someone who abused her.  But doesn't ending that child's life in the womb simply create another victim of the crime?  One who is absolutely and completely innocent?

I hope that the above does not anger anyone.  I simply think that the whole pro-life position is all to often attributed to misogyny, and that is usually incorrect.  I hope that, someday, human morality and contraceptive technology will combine to create a world where every child is loved and cherished as much as I love and cherish my daughters.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 03:27:33 AM »

Hey Indy, thanks for your input.  I have no trouble with pro-life people thinking the way they do.  What annoys me is when people with that POV try to tell me I'm wrong and that I don't have the right to make a choice about what happens to my body.  I've NEVER told a pro-life person they are wrong or immoral I just think "whatever" and leave them to their choices and beliefs.  Differences of opinion are what makes the world go around and pushes us forward culturally and technologically.

What worries me about this politician is that if he gets into power, he will take away the choices women have.  Democracy is all about freedom and choice, not the politician's belief system.  Right now we have choices in this country and I like that.  Take away those choices and we will have civil war.

No one has the right to impose their beliefs on another person.  History has taught us that way leads to disaster, war and xenophobia.

I, for one, will use my vote to keep him out of power.  As a voting citizen of this country it would be remiss of me to do anything less.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 08:04:35 AM »

"No one has the right to impose their beliefs on another person."?

Doesn't that pretty much do away with all law, then?  What is law but the collective belief of a majority of society that certain acts are wrong - wrong enough that they should be declared illegal?

I'm not sure I buy the argument.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 06:53:22 PM »

Hmmm . . . dare I stick my toe into this water?

OK, I teach U.S. government, and I'm a fairly conservative Republican on most issues.

I realize that abortion is explosive ground to step on, and I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - especially you, KB, because you are one of my favorite people.  I am a strong believer in reproductive choice when it comes to people choosing whether or not to have sex and choosing whether or not to use contraception.  But for me, abortion always comes down to snuffing out a human life.  I can't get over that.  Two beating hearts go into a clinic, only one comes out.  As much respect as I have for women, as much belief as I have in individual freedom, I just can't take it that far.  Not because I am some reactionary Neanderthal thug, but because I love children.  Sexual assault cases are, of course, the number one thing that those who believe in abortion always throw in the face of those who think like me.  That, and incest.  Those are horrible, horrible things, and those who perpetrate them, quite frankly, merit a death penalty in my point of view.  Statistically speaking, those activities - especially rape - very, very rarely result in pregnancy.  When they do, it is a terrible conundrum.  I can fully understand that no woman wants to bear the child of someone who abused her.  But doesn't ending that child's life in the womb simply create another victim of the crime?  One who is absolutely and completely innocent?

I hope that the above does not anger anyone.  I simply think that the whole pro-life position is all to often attributed to misogyny, and that is usually incorrect.  I hope that, someday, human morality and contraceptive technology will combine to create a world where every child is loved and cherished as much as I love and cherish my daughters.

Well said, Indy, and I raise my glass to you to salute your well-worded thoughts again!

You have just as much right to speak on abortion as anyone else, despite the potential for the usual division, anger, and bitterness between the sexes that comes with it.

If it takes a man and a woman to create a child, then should it not take both of the same to discuss the possibility of ending that life? And shouldn't every alternative be thought of before taking that final step from which there is no return?

Adoption, now there's a thought    Many men (and women) are incapable of conception\reproduction  and would love to have a child of their own.  Why not make their dreams come true, and know that you've brought joy into their lives?

Another weighty decision, yes, but one where life and love prevail. Would this not be better?

Lastly, apologies for any toes I might have stepped on here. It's just a thought and not intended as any prescribed method.  Peace  Smile

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Politicians Really Annoy Me! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.