Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:05:26 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SPARE PARTS (1979) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SPARE PARTS (1979)  (Read 2237 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 03, 2010, 11:58:58 AM »

Here's a dull, badly dubbed German movie filmed in the United States.  The cheesy theme song goes something like:  "How much is a person worth, is it determined at birth?  Blah, blah, blah . . ."

Monica and Bill get married (the wedding reception consists of people dancing around in circles "square dance" style - - "swing your partner!" - - on a lawn) and then head off on their honeymoon.  They stop at a cheap motel in New Mexico (the rooms are $7 a night), run by a woman who keeps making mysterious phone calls.

While Bill and Monica are walking in a grassy field near the motel, they notice an ambulance driving toward them.  For some reason, Monica starts running away, screaming in terror, and calling for Bill to follow her.  I don't know . . . if I saw an ambulance driving in my direction I don't think I'd be panic stricken thinking that something bad was about to happen.  It's just an ambulance.  Anyway, Bill does what just about anyone would do (he waits for the ambulance to pull up beside him so he can talk to the driver).  Meanwhile, Monica is still running and screaming.

Sure enough, the paramedics jump out of the ambulance, grab Bill, inject him with a sedative, and haul him away.

One thing leads to another and Monica meets a trucker who decides to help her.  Of course, the ambulance guys tell everyone in the town that Monica is an escaped mental patient, so she can't get help from anyone except the trucker.

SPOILER (as if you couldn't figure this out by the title of the movie): Monica discovers that the ambulance has been kidnapping people and taking them to a hospital where their body parts are used for transplants for wealthy people.

This is a dull, dumb movie . . . another cheapo you can find in a Mill Creek 50 movie pack.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 05:47:39 PM »

sounds FANTASTIC
hellbilly
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »

The original title was "Fleisch" (Meat) if I remember correctly. This movie caused quite a stir when it was shown on German TV (another similar scandalous German TV movie was For Your Love Only, 1977, with Nastassja Kinski). I'd love to watch it again because its been ages. Sounds like it mutated into a cheesy gem.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 08:38:53 PM »

The original title was "Fleisch" (Meat) if I remember correctly.

Correct.  In this version, they flash the word FLEISCH on the screen just as the end credits begin to roll.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Paquita

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:57:32 AM »

That movie made me angry too!  It's one of those where they just throw common sense out the window and the entire time you're thinking "Who DOES that?".  Of course, I was sucked into it and all worried when I was watching it.
Skull
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:59:36 AM »

I thought it was an ok Hippy movie that fell apart when they attempted to make logic with the abductions with a hospital conspiracy for the rich :)

I would think this movie could of been so much better if they throw out the hospital conspiracy and tossed in a Mad Doctor and his/her clinic in a shanty town.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »

I enjoyed this movie. The premise was sorta good, and the movie entertained me. I did think it was a little long though.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SPARE PARTS (1979) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.