Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:25:44 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What can be done in a horror film that's never been done before? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What can be done in a horror film that's never been done before?  (Read 24310 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »

The masked psycho goes around cutting of people's wieners.  

Now there's something to be afraid of.  Pretty sure nobody has done that.  

Not masked and it was only one victim, still...

Bigfoot ripped off some shmucks weiner in NIGHT OF THE DEMON, and Mom bit one off in the 1st LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT also...
I was thinking about this all day... find a good horror short story by Shirly Jackson or Clive Barker mebbe....I honestly dont know!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
66Crush
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot  in "Hostel 2" there's a weiner decapitation.
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »

I'm not sure but perhaps if one were to explore much better the idea of complete isolation and the horrors of the effect.  I'm almost positive this has been done before so I'm not sure how valid but can't recall any movies to explore it.  The effects on the mind and one where the person confronts their own inside without any other character interaction.  You could also try something along the lines of space and deal with subjects such as a serial killer there or the effects of a single murder and how this leads to doubt and mistrust and the who done it.  I don't think any are particularly good but can't really think of much new.  There is always something new, if not in concept, angle.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:17:43 PM by Couchtr26 » Logged

Ah, the good old days.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »

I like to see the killer get rolled over a steam roller! TeddyR

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 09:14:33 PM »

Chiggers?
Poison Ivy?

I've seen it done in comedies, but I don't recall any horrors.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 04:47:49 AM »

.OK-it's the not so distant future. A virus (from outer space or something) has infected every female in the world,turning them into ape-sh!t maniacs.

.Idea 2-It's the end of the world-the Apocalypse! Demons and Angels are on Earth fighting the war to end all wars. Untill it's over,humans are stuck in the middle-some taking sides with God,others with Satan. Most are justing running like cockroaches.

.Nother one-All the fish in the sea grow limbs or wings and crawl out of the sea and fish for humans.

.Ok-here's my best shot-GHOST APOCALYPSE-The whole world is hit with poltergeist activity-frogs and stones fall from the sky-people are attacked by furniture and kitchen utensils-spirits are roaming the earth scaring sh!t outta the populace. Ultra psychic people are the earths only hope! Can they send the threat back to the spirit world?

Ok-pretty lame-that's why I'm a factory worker-not a screenwriter.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 06:34:05 AM »

You could do the Biblical plagues of Egypt, as experienced by an innocent Egyptian couple, and horror that up pretty well.

The Epic of Gilgamesh has a lot of material that would make good horror movies.

How about a story set on Noah's Ark?  That could be pretty scary, with the whole world being covered in water and maybe some supernatural God stuff and animals getting loose.

You can make almost anything into a horror movie, it's all in how you do it.

There really aren't very many horror movies set in ancient times.  Lots of cheesy stuff loosely based on some creature from myth, but it's almost all set in the modern day.

Maybe some grave robbers breaking into a pyramid to steal all the Pharaoh's gold (in 2500 BC), but encountering a supernatural curse.  That's been done in a lot of mummy movies, but it would be easy enough to take it in a completely different direction. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 07:07:59 AM »

The masked psycho goes around cutting of people's wieners.  

Now there's something to be afraid of.  Pretty sure nobody has done that.  

The killer in The Detective did that, as did the killer in The Shadowed MindBuggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »

.OK-it's the not so distant future. A virus (from outer space or something) has infected every female in the world,turning them into ape-sh!t maniacs.

Are you sure we'd be able to tell the difference?  TongueOut

Kidding!

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 10:50:40 AM »

Okay, so...
A bunch of teenagers go camping.
They all get chiggers & poison ivy, and the canned beans make them nauseous.
Nothing really to be worried about, but it's their first camping trip, so they don't really know what's going on...
Thus, the seeds of doubt & suspicion begin to grow, making for a really formulaic psychological thriller.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »

We need more movies where the killer is undoubtedly human, i.e. makes mistakes, gets frustrated when their plan doesn't go smoothly, etc.  Like Hitchcock's FRENZY.

Something that might be interesting is if there's only one actor in the film.  They play about 20 characters or so.  It might be kind of funny to see them play both genders, maybe even dress up as a dog!  TeddyR

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 07:29:56 PM »

as for the weiner loss: my mind immediately goes to Reanimator 3. Towards the end the main chick bites off the cock of the evil prison warden. Of course by this time frame they are both reanimated zombies but they have a pretty funny closing credits in which the decapitated (but still "alive" from the serum) weiner is chasing a rat around the prison. Not quite the same but concept is similar.

I kindof liked the twist in "high tension" where the primary female protagonist who is trying to rescue the girl she has a crush on actually turns out to be the bad-guy (severe split-personality). Also here is where we learn that people don't kill people but repressed lesbian desires do. I thought that was a bit unique.

I know a new idea for a horror film, how about a film by Lion's Gate that uses less than their corporate pre-requisite of 50 gallons of fake blood. That would be unique.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »

A typical machete wielding masked slasher goes to stalk and kill a few teens, only to find out that one of the teens has already becomes the victim of one of those classic Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman teams, which leads up to a huge turf war between old school monsters and modern slashers with the rest of the town caught in the middle.   
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »

A typical machete wielding masked slasher goes to stalk and kill a few teens, only to find out that one of the teens has already becomes the victim of one of those classic Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman teams, which leads up to a huge turf war between old school monsters and modern slashers with the rest of the town caught in the middle.   

You know...I'd watch that!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
66Crush
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »

I like all of RC's ideas, maybe you should be a screenwritter. Every idea I can think of has been done. I love all the horny teens getting killed in the woods movies, but that's been done to death. So have all the tourture films like "Saw" and "Hostel." Maybe we should go back to the old monster movie formula. I would like to see a new generation of iconic monsters. But in this day and age people don't find creatures as frightening as real people. In fact that's why I don't find horror movies scary, as much as I love them, because the real world is a much scarrier place than the fantasy world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What can be done in a horror film that's never been done before? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.