Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:43:22 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What can be done in a horror film that's never been done before? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What can be done in a horror film that's never been done before?  (Read 24294 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 07:27:38 AM »

when someone gets shot in the head/ heart, they die instantly! it's friggen logic DAMMIT! Hatred

yeah no.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 12:36:00 AM »

when someone gets shot in the head/ heart, they die instantly! it's friggen logic DAMMIT! Hatred

Machetes work quiet well.
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 10:55:14 PM »

I'd like to see a group of tabletop role playing gamers, real ones, not the spastic, sniveling stereotypes, confront some menace and deal with it an intelligent, well planned fashion and defeat it.

I'd also love to see a bunch of D&D players torment and terrorize a group of cool, good looking people who had abused and harassed them for years.

I'm sensing some hostility here...straight up!
NERD LIFE HOMIE!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 12:06:33 AM »

Contaminated beans cause a group of hillbillies to be very unpleasant around...
...Right before they explode.

A group of b-movie lovers try to sit through the complete works of (Insert Lousy Director Here) until their heads start bursting open and their brains try to make a break for it.

Everyone suddenly notices the trees are staring at them.

The sound of movements in a man's intestines begins to form words & phrases, until satanic voices start coming out of his posterior.

A hungover college student wakes up to find he's wearing roller skates.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Britorama Rob
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 12:18:24 AM »

Night of the Living Busey
Fly-on-the-Wall documentary following Gary Busey on a drunken bender in Topeka, Kansas focusing nthe pain and anguish he causes to the denizens of a typical Middle American town. Meta-twist, Busey is the filmmaker and treats himself in the third person.

Red Blood, Blue Grass
A prize race horse becomes a vampire during the build-up to the Kentucky Derby. Writes itself.

Djinn Hunter
Islamic Van Helsing battles daemons in modern-day Iran

On a more serious note - I've long had a story idea based around a detective chasing a serial killer during the dying days of Nazi Germany. Basically hinging on the irony of investigating a handful of murders while thousands die all around due to combat, famine, political execution etc. Arguably more grim than scary but that's my two cents.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 12:40:28 AM »

What if there were a movie about people's clothes turning against them?

Not in a "ha ha funny Trevor's underpants" way either.  I mean - what if men's ties suddenly started strangling them?  And ladies' blouses suddenly stuffed themselves down their throats and choked them?  I mean, we all have closets FULL of clothes . . . some we love to wear, some we don't.  But imagine ALL of them animated by some evil, malevolent force bent on destroying all humanity! Properly handled, that could be scary as HECK!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

Indy- That's pure Platinum Cheese! I like it! Cheers

Let's see, how bout a robotic shark and robotic octopus goes around killing people. then there'll be a robotic whale and a robotic dolphin saving the day, but kills more people! Twirling Twirling PLATINUM CHEESE AT IT'S FINEST!!!!

yeah no.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »

Let's see, how bout a robotic shark and robotic octopus goes around killing people.

I've always thought about something like that. You could even use Peter Benchley's "White Shark" as the basis for a decent screenplay. But, in reality electronics and water don't mix, then there's rust and the suspension of disbelief plus budget constraints won't cover it. I suppose there is always CGI......... Lookingup

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »

Let's see, how bout a robotic shark and robotic octopus goes around killing people.

I've always thought about something like that. You could even use Peter Benchley's "White Shark" as the basis for a decent screenplay. But, in reality electronics and water don't mix, then there's rust and the suspension of disbelief plus budget constraints won't cover it. I suppose there is always CGI......... Lookingup

Robosharktopus...

Make it happen movie people!

TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »

you can do that, or we can pull a STEEL- make the suit out of rubber! BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Couchtr26

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »

Not in a "ha ha funny Trevor's underpants" way either.  I mean - what if men's ties suddenly started strangling them?  And ladies' blouses suddenly stuffed themselves down their throats and choked them?  I mean, we all have closets FULL of clothes . . . some we love to wear, some we don't.  But imagine ALL of them animated by some evil, malevolent force bent on destroying all humanity! Properly handled, that could be scary as HECK!!!

That actually reminds me of this old sketch comedy show The Edge.  Anyway, they had this bit: What ... is doing right this minute.  So, they had What Stephen King is doing right this minute.  He was trying to pitch a new book about killer oven mitts. 

Ah, the good old days.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:08 AM »

People would have to be nekkid!
That could be a good or bad thing...depending on the cast. I mean...who wants to see John Goodman nekkid? EWWW!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »

A killer tire movie !

Huh ?

Oh, you gotta be kidding...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Couchtr26

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »

Djinn Hunter
Islamic Van Helsing battles daemons in modern-day Iran

On a more serious note - I've long had a story idea based around a detective chasing a serial killer during the dying days of Nazi Germany. Basically hinging on the irony of investigating a handful of murders while thousands die all around due to combat, famine, political execution etc. Arguably more grim than scary but that's my two cents.

Those two actually show promise in a way.  If you have ever seen movies from islamic countries they tend to follow the same things that are popular here but culturally adapted.  Especially in alot of Turkish horror I have seen. 

Ah, the good old days.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »

A killer tire movie !

Huh ?

Oh, you gotta be kidding...
yup, saw that too. Lookingup

Is there a killer tank movie? Question

yeah no.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What can be done in a horror film that's never been done before? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.