Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:54:24 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things to Do Before You Die « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Things to Do Before You Die  (Read 16514 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: March 31, 2011, 02:41:25 AM »

My original thought for this was "Underappreciated Moments in Life."

But hey, we've got a limited time in this life, there are some things you should really try.

The first thing I thought of is probably male specific. If you ever get the chance, pee off a cliff. I can't really explain why this specific action is satisfying, but it is. Marking territory? I don't know. All I can say is that you ever get the chance, pee off a giant cliff. Probably pointless, but you'll thank me for it later.

What pointless actions do you think everybody should do at one point or another?

One chance at life. No matter how stupid, what do you think every person should try before they die?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:24:41 AM »

Find an arrowhead.
Yeah, it is my hobby, but there is something so viscerally satisfying about wrapping your hand around a sleek flint missile and knowing you are the first person to touch it since its maker lost it thousands of years ago.
It's like holding hands with history!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:29:19 AM »

I'd like to see an atomic explosion. Theres just something awe inspiring about a mushroom cloud...not dropped on people-like a test site.

'
Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 09:14:26 AM »

The first thing I thought of is probably male specific. If you ever get the chance, pee off a cliff. I can't really explain why this specific action is satisfying, but it is. Marking territory? I don't know. All I can say is that you ever get the chance, pee off a giant cliff. Probably pointless, but you'll thank me for it later.

I've never peed off a cliff, but I did pee off the side of an aircraft carrier, 60 ft. down into the James River, while it was parked there getting overhauled, while standing watch, with an M-16 strapped to my shoulder, at 2 o'clock in the morning. I feel confident, however, that I wasn't the first guy to do that.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »

I'd like to experience a sensory deprivation tank.  Not sure why, but I think it would be an interesting experience.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 09:34:30 AM »

I'd like to experience a sensory deprivation tank.  Not sure why, but I think it would be an interesting experience.

Oh. Good one. I am fascinated by that. There is a mixture of desire to try it and feeling like it might be a bit frightening as well.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »

Buy yourself an arcade or pinball machine.
Buy yourself a HUGE high-def tv.
Go to a championship/finals/world series game.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »

Buy yourself a HUGE high-def tv.

This will happen in about a year unless my huge, old "regular def" TV dies before then.  Most likely, it will be a 3-D TV, too.  Until then, I'll stick with my 12 year old 60" TV that weighs about 7 tons and takes up an entire corner of my family room.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »

I've peed off a cliff and found an arrowhead and I don't want to see a nuclear explosion.  Lookingup

I haven't been in a sensory deprivation tank, but I'll bet it's like having a full body MRI.  You are laying down in a tube like a hot water heater, completely encased, with this loud droning whir -white noise- of the machine, and gently flashing lights... I've heard most people complain and feel claustrophobic, but I myself nearly dozed off.  I found it very relaxing. 

You should see your favorite band so close that you can make eye contact (CHRISSIE HYNDE shrugged at me!!)

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
The Burgomaster

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »

You should see your favorite band so close that you can make eye contact (CHRISSIE HYNDE shrugged at me!!)

Sort of an embarrassing story, but:  I was sitting in the third row at a Wayne Newton show.  He looked at me and said, "Look at that head!"  Then he asked me to stand up and they shined the spotlight on the top of my shaved head.  The audience applauded loudly.

Small | Large

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »

Sort of an embarrassing story, but:  I was sitting in the third row at a Wayne Newton show.  He looked at me and said, "Look at that head!"  Then he asked me to stand up and they shined the spotlight on the top of my shaved head.  The audience applauded loudly.

Are you sure it wasn't because your fly was unzipped?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
The Burgomaster

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »

Are you sure it wasn't because your fly was unzipped?

I told you they shined the light on the top of my shaved head . . . but I didn't specify which head . . .

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »

it's interesting; but not pleasant at all....

I have a few things i'd like to do before i die:

1. Visit Central Park at night.
2. Meet Stephen Hawking
3. Go to a Nick Cave concert
4. See my brother finally meet someone decent and be happy
5. See Isabela graduate
6. Learn to play All Apologies
7. Take some photography classes
8. Spend the night in the Mutter Museum.
9. Help my dad find true love.

I can think of several others but nothing seems really relevant at this point

Oh, and i'd like to get completely sauced with Doggett and RC hahah

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »

Oh, and i'd like to get completely sauced with Doggett and RC hahah

Never gonna happen...

But you and RC have fun, sugar.  TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 05:40:36 PM »

Get some of that nacho cheese stuff, microwave it, then dip some Sour Cream and Onion Pringles potato chips in it.

Life just doesn't get any better than that  Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things to Do Before You Die « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.