Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:27:23 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Room Appreciation thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Room Appreciation thread  (Read 18696 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: April 01, 2011, 12:52:14 PM »

Oh hai badmovies.org. This epic was on Adult Swim last night and super early this morning. I watched it twice and ended up going to bed at 4 a.m.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »

I did not hit her.  I did not.  That's bulls%$!.  I did not hit her.  Oh, hai bob.

Check my signature for my personal favorite quote though...

I met Tommy at a screening and recorded him on my phone saying "you're tearing me apart Jason!" and it's been my ringtone ever since...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:48:51 PM »

Oh hai JayJayM12.

I met Tommy at a screening and recorded him on my phone saying "you're tearing me apart Jason!" and it's been my ringtone ever since...

That's pretty cool.  Thumbup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
dean

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:26:36 AM »

But you just got here!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 02:30:16 AM »

All the music was really good. The lady playing Claudette did a good job, as did Mark (Greg Sestero) given what they had to work with for lines.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »

Badmovies.org friend Jed Siple has a review of this Citizen Kane like classic on here.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »

All the music was really good. The lady playing Claudette did a good job, as did Mark (Greg Sestero) given what they had to work with for lines.

Greg Sestero was at the screening I went to as well.  He seemed like he had a healthy mix of being grateful for all the Room love with a dash of "I wish this whole thing would just go away..."

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Couchtr26

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »

Come on the best acting was Chris R.  Sadly, the drug dealer part seemed to show the most realistic portrayal.  However, fun movie to watch just not all the time.  The back story on how the move got made is great also. 

Ah, the good old days.
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 11:00:38 AM »

Come on the best acting was Chris R.  Sadly, the drug dealer part seemed to show the most realistic portrayal.  However, fun movie to watch just not all the time.  The back story on how the move got made is great also. 

No doubt!  Chris R was definitely the closest thing the movie had to an actor.  Not only did his scene seem like it belonged in a different movie, but his acting ability felt out of place amongst the rest.  But don't worry, he's going to jail.

Cthulhu

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 12:51:34 PM »

I love The Room!
I'll just post this here...
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 04:39:38 PM »

I love this movie. The script feels like it was translated from martian, to french, then portuguese and finally into English.

Denny:I bought drugs off him.
Lisa: What kind of Drugs, Denny?!
Denny: It's not like that!

It's absolutely hilarious. Sadly Wiseau will never get to make another film like it, he's become too self aware.

Also it's pretty funny watching it on AS because they blackout the long awkward sex scenes, sometime just leaving a little corner of the image.

=== ===
           Go Robo!
dean

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 07:41:17 AM »

A local cinema was screening this for a couple of months.  Throwing spoons at a screen has never been so much fun!

The atmosphere was the best I've ever had in my film-going life, but it was at 11pm and I was fairly sauced up, so my enjoyment level is rocking on.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »

A local cinema was screening this for a couple of months.  Throwing spoons at a screen has never been so much fun!

The atmosphere was the best I've ever had in my film-going life, but it was at 11pm and I was fairly sauced up, so my enjoyment level is rocking on.

I've noticed that if you consume any amount of alcohol befoew viewing The Room it is much funnier. Which isn't to say that if you watch it sober The Room isn't funny.

Small | Large

Couchtr26

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »

Small | Large

Lisa: "Do you want me to order a pizza?"
Johnny: "Whatever, I don't care."
Lisa: "I already ordered a pizza."
Johnny: slight chuckle "You think about everything."

Oh, I forgot the best part.  Lisa and her mother talking about Johnny hitting Lisa.  The mother's reaction is the best.  Comment on Johnny supposedly hitting her?  No.  Worried about anything to do with it?  No.  First line from her: Johnny doesn't drink.  I know commented on by the Nostalgia Critic, but that has to be the most classic reaction ever. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:20:12 PM by Couchtr26 » Logged

Ah, the good old days.
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »

Yeah no one seems at all shocked over Lisa's claims of domestic violence, or cares to investigate it further.

I love the way she bobs her head when she says I already ordered a pizza.

Also wtf? "You're right the computer business is too competitive." - He just said he works at a bank, where he makes them lots of money. Anyway how is your sex life??

This movie is the gift that keeps on giving. BounceGiggle

=== ===
           Go Robo!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Room Appreciation thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.