Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:06:12 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sand Sharks (2011) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sand Sharks (2011)  (Read 14702 times)
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »

We need a good snake or bat movie. Sure, we have Anaconda, Bats (1999) or Nightwing and the like, but I said a GOOD snake or bat movie.
Sharks have Jaws.
Piranhas have PIranha.
Spiders have Kingdom of the Spiders.
Ants have Them! and Empire of the Ants.
Alligators/Crocodiles had Alligator (1980).
But snakes and bats haven't had a goodie yet.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Kevin Bachelder
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:11 PM »

But snakes and bats haven't had a goodie yet.

What about Mega Python vs Gatoroid or Vipers for snakes?

Kevin

Fan of Science Fiction or Fantasy?
Then you might enjoy listening to these podcasts...

Saturday B Movie Reel (covering Syfy channel & other B movies)
http://www.saturdaybmoviereel.com

Tuning In To Scifi TV (covering all genre TV shows)
http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com
Kaseykockroach
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »

The former, um, no.
Haven't seen Vipers, though.

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Kevin Bachelder
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »

Haven't seen Vipers, though.

It's a Syfy Original from 2008 with Tara Reid.  Had some good parts...

Small | Large

Kevin

Kaseykockroach
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

Sci-Fi original?
I'll pass.
The Reptile (1966) is alright, though.

Kevin Bachelder
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »

Sci-Fi original?
I'll pass.

I'm the guy who does the weekly podcast about the Syfy Original Movies so I'm going to tend to go with those more than most folks.   TeddyR

Kevin

Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:54 PM »

No trailer yet but I'm expecting a cheap SyFy Tremors-type clone. So I'm all for it!

It's not that good. It's less like a Tremors clone and more like a really bad knock-off of Jaws.

This one has the most pulled-from-the-ass method of defeating the monsters ever, and that's saying a lot for this grade of movie.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »

Alligators/Crocodiles had Alligator (1980).
Better yet, Lake Placid.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 06:44:17 PM »

O-Kay...
Alligator Vs. Crocosaurus Vs. Mega Python Vs. Dinocrock Vs. Snow sharks Vs. Sharktopus Vs. Mega Shark Vs. Ice Spiders Vs. Sand Sharks Vs...Good grief! If you put all them together, you could spend all day!
Remember MST3K Turkey day?
Bwa-hahahahaha!...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »

This one has the most pulled-from-the-ass method of defeating the monsters ever, and that's saying a lot for this grade of movie.
Smile  Tell me more.

O-Kay...
Alligator Vs. Crocosaurus Vs. Mega Python Vs. Dinocrock Vs. Snow sharks Vs. Sharktopus Vs. Mega Shark Vs. Ice Spiders Vs. Sand Sharks Vs...Good grief! If you put all them together, you could spend all day!
Remember MST3K Turkey day?
Bwa-hahahahaha!...

Now I really wanted to see a movie where the earth is over run by all sorts of bad Cg monsters at the same time.  It could be like the Sy-Fy version of Destroy All Monsters. 

Now we just have to come up with a legitimate cast of the best C-grade actors we can find to star in it! 
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »

Smile  Tell me more.

SPOILER ALERT

The guy channeling Quint wants to lure them into a narrow, sandy inlet and then melt the sand into glass around them. They just need some way to get the sand hot enough. So, the sleazy guy produces a can of super-concentrated napalm. Why the hell does he have super napalm? Don't ask such silly questions! And the crazy old guy channeling Quint produces a flamethrower to shoot the stuff. Why does he have a flamethrower when he doesn't even have fuel for it?? Don't ask such silly questions!

And somehow, the flame melts the sand to a depth of twenty feet!

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

Smile  Tell me more.

SPOILER ALERT

The guy channeling Quint wants to lure them into a narrow, sandy inlet and then melt the sand into glass around them. They just need some way to get the sand hot enough. So, the sleazy guy produces a can of super-concentrated napalm. Why the hell does he have super napalm? Don't ask such silly questions! And the crazy old guy channeling Quint produces a flamethrower to shoot the stuff. Why does he have a flamethrower when he doesn't even have fuel for it?? Don't ask such silly questions!

And somehow, the flame melts the sand to a depth of twenty feet!

What?  People don't randomly have super napalm and flamethrowers were you live? 
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 08:05:13 AM »

I want to see this one, but the DVD cost is still in the $20-$25 range.  These movies usually start out there and then after a few months the price falls to $10-$15.  Hopefully this will happen soon, because knowing how the movie ends is not helping me be patient.

Curse you, Ted C!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 11:42:49 AM »

Now I really wanted to see a movie where the earth is over run by all sorts of bad Cg monsters at the same time.  It could be like the Sy-Fy version of Destroy All Monsters.

Now we just have to come up with a legitimate cast of the best C-grade actors we can find to star in it!

YES! That could rock...Oh, add the wee beasties from D-wars! And the giant octopus...and whatever else we can think of.
Sy-Fy Toho- awaaaaay!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 01:00:12 PM »

I want to see this one, but the DVD cost is still in the $20-$25 range.  These movies usually start out there and then after a few months the price falls to $10-$15.  Hopefully this will happen soon, because knowing how the movie ends is not helping me be patient.

Curse you, Ted C!

Netflix

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sand Sharks (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.