Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:51:40 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you still friends with your childhood best friend? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Are you still friends with your childhood best friend?  (Read 9126 times)
claws
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:06:18 AM »

Lost touch with all of my closest childhood friends. I know that one was engaged to his cousin (for real). Another seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth.
I've met friend #3 when I was working at a game hall in my early twenties, but he ignored me. I think the reason was because he was best friends with the game hall owner.
I found friend #4 on Facebook. He moved away from our town many years ago. He was my best friend for a short period of time only, so I don't really feel like contacting him.
I broke friendship with friend #5 ages ago. He was actually my best buddy but yeah, he f**ked up our friendship. He is on Facebook, surprisingly, but I blocked him.
Had another good friend who was an exchange student from Canada. Kinda embarrassing because I don't remember his name, but we had great times together when he was at our school for one year.

Are you still friends with your childhood best friend?
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 10:35:56 AM »

Believe it or not, I'm still friends with kids I met in elementary school.  Met my best friends Percy and Erich in second grade, along with these kids down the street.  I still talk to all of them on a consistent basis.  I met some kids in 4th grade when I started a new school.  Some of us, myself, Ashley, Denise and Kathy were pretty close, and I still talk to them girls.  Made school more bearable.  I initially didn't get along with Kim, Monica or Valerie, but now we remain in contact and talk on a consistent basis, and even hang out from time to time.

I don't know.  Odd.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »

I honestly broke it off with most of the people I grew up with.  When I was little there was a girl who lived behind me.  We were good buds until she moved away in the pre-teen years.  I had one or two good buds during late high school and college I'd hang out with a lot.  I keep up with them but we live a decent distance from one another. I'm only friends with two people from my high school class. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »

Broke it off with my childhood best friend, Jason, a few years ago.  He wanted to start an independent comic company with some creative help from me.  I said ok, thinking we would come up with all new material.  Turns out what he actually wanted was to use some pre existing characters of mine in his own stories.  Well, I absolutely did not agree with Jason's storytelling style and didn't want him messing around with my characters.  (The whole thing was just one huge communication failure all around.)  He broke it off with me at that point and made a rather angry blog post about how much he had always hated me since grade school.  That begs the question of why he hung out with me until our mid-20s if he hated my guts.  Oh, well, I guess you never really know anyone as well as you think you do.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »

hi
When i started school at 4yrs old i was asked to sit down next to a boy named David Hughes.I am now 48yrs old and i still see and speak to my best mate,David Hughes.
We have been through all kinds of s**t throughout our friendship and yet i can honestly say we have never had an argument.

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »

Yes. Ever met a user named Falloutfreak? I've known him since Elementary School.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 12:43:10 PM »

Don't speak to any of them. When I left primary school and went to high school all my friends made new friends and ignored me. When I went (briefly) to college, all my high school friends made new friends and ignored me....And so on, and so on...

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »

I'm friends with very few of the people I grew up with. But I am still friends with my best friend from grade school. I'm best friends with two people I went to highschool with.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Couchtr26

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 04:04:23 PM »

Actually, I have lost touch with most as my senior year I moved and was in an awkward position with them prior to that moment.  I don't remember many and remember few times with them, sadly.  I can remember incidents but I can't recall like the good times of just talking with them or being there with my friends. 

Ah, the good old days.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »

I have one friend from when I was a kid that I talk to a couple times a month, and the rest I don't talk to at all. One friend I had since kindergarten was killed not long after I enlisted, others vanished, others just drifted apart. One in particular, one who enlisted the same time I did, chickened out and the one time I talked to him since then, he was a dick. I'm more of the 'quality over quantity' type in the friends department.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »

Last time I spoke to my best childhood friend was 35 years ago, back in 1975.

I lived in Lebanon, NJ and he had 3 other brothers and 2 sisters.  I recently went back to visit his old home last year, and was re-united with his baby sister and one brother, as well as his mother.  His mother, I might add, instantly recognized my named after almost 40 years and ID'ed me as her one son's best friend. 

That blew me away.  His one sister and brother were somewhat skeptic until I refershed their memories with the places we used to play in, the people we hung out with, ect. It was OK then.  Smile 

Had I known the family was still there after all these years, I'd have NEVER lost touch with them. Hard to believe we're all in our 40's now. The mother and father just had their 50th anniversary too!

Anyhow, I've been desperately trying to contact my best buddy (have his address+phone) but he refuses to return the call. I spoke to his mother and she says she has no idea what the problem is.  I wish he'd get back to me, he was the best friend I ever had and I miss him a lot.  Bluesad

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 05:39:31 PM »

I run into my school buds at the store and such once inawhile...but are lives took differnt paths. I'm still freindly with them...but life goes on.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 06:14:14 PM »

I haven't seen any of my friends from childhood in forever.  Not crazy about going out of my way to find them either.  I'm not the most social person in the world (to put it mildly) so I don't really care.  If I did see them of course I'd be nice to them, but apart from maybe lunch with them every so often I wouldn't want to hang around with them much.  Hell, I don't even want to hang out with anyone from my family too often!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »

Yes, I think so. Though, we don't see too much of each other, as he lives on the west coast, and I live halfway across the country. But, when I went back for my 30th high school reunion, he was there, and he said the only reason he showed up for the reunion dinner was because I was going to be there. I think that means we are still friends.

I'll tell you what was a bigger shock then us seeing each other for the first time in 30 years, was the board with the list of those we knew who had died, since we all graduated together from high school. And two of them I was also friends with, when I was in school. I still can't get over their deaths, as they were no older than I am, when they died.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »

Broke it off with my childhood best friend, Jason, a few years ago.  He wanted to start an independent comic company with some creative help from me.  I said ok, thinking we would come up with all new material.  Turns out what he actually wanted was to use some pre existing characters of mine in his own stories.  Well, I absolutely did not agree with Jason's storytelling style and didn't want him messing around with my characters.  (The whole thing was just one huge communication failure all around.)  He broke it off with me at that point and made a rather angry blog post about how much he had always hated me since grade school.  That begs the question of why he hung out with me until our mid-20s if he hated my guts.  Oh, well, I guess you never really know anyone as well as you think you do.
That's sorry and sad.  He doesn't hate you, but he might envy you.  He hung around you because he admired something you had that he didn't. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you still friends with your childhood best friend? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.