Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:39:03 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you still friends with your childhood best friend? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Are you still friends with your childhood best friend?  (Read 9077 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »

Don't speak to any of them. When I left primary school and went to high school all my friends made new friends and ignored me. When I went (briefly) to college, all my high school friends made new friends and ignored me....And so on, and so on...
Uh.  Enough of that.  How do you make it into the top 5 of an internet forum Question (devoted to "bad" movies, no less)??  Lookingup
By being an informed smart-ass, committed clown, and challenging iconoclast... what you've described is not unlike my own experience.  Are you sometimes sharp, or impatient?  I do find that life that lacks want is too often filled with disappointment.   You're surviving well, so note, that though few people understand true commitment, we are here.  Waiting. 
As for you, get a kitty, love it, and work on yourself.  You can only become more awesome. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 08:16:57 PM »

My turn: I have one friend from junior high school that I have hung onto a very long time.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »

I still have my best friend from high school. He's been the only true long lasting friend in my life although I think he's a bit jealous of me lately now that I have a girlfriend and he doesn't...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »

I have one close friend from elementary school that I get together with several times a year; cook out, watch movies, and discuss life, the universe, and everything . . . we agree very little, but love to bat stuff back and forth.

Then there was that annoying girl in my second grade class who used to chase me down  on the playground every day and kick me in the shins . . . I married her! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 11:28:31 PM »

I have one close friend from elementary school that I get together with several times a year; cook out, watch movies, and discuss life, the universe, and everything . . . we agree very little, but love to bat stuff back and forth.
Then there was that annoying girl in my second grade class who used to chase me down  on the playground every day and kick me in the shins . . . I married her! TeddyR
Yes, and shave once in awhile. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 11:48:50 PM »

Last time I spoke to my best childhood friend was 35 years ago, back in 1975.
I lived in Lebanon, NJ and he had 3 other brothers and 2 sisters.  I recently went back to visit his old home last year, and was re-united with his baby sister and one brother, as well as his mother.  His mother, I might add, instantly recognized my named after almost 40 years and ID'ed me as her one son's best friend. 
That blew me away.  His one sister and brother were somewhat skeptic until I refershed their memories with the places we used to play in, the people we hung out with, ect. It was OK then.  Smile 
Had I known the family was still there after all these years, I'd have NEVER lost touch with them. Hard to believe we're all in our 40's now. The mother and father just had their 50th anniversary too!
Anyhow, I've been desperately trying to contact my best buddy (have his address+phone) but he refuses to return the call. I spoke to his mother and she says she has no idea what the problem is.  I wish he'd get back to me, he was the best friend I ever had and I miss him a lot.  Bluesad

35 years?   Buggedout That's really sad. 

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 03:34:03 AM »

I don't keep in contact with any of the people I grew up with, other than immediate family.

No particular reason for it. I grew up in Juneau, AK, a town of about 30,000 people. I moved to Arizona when I was 19, but never expected to stay as long as I did. (I'm still in Arizona.)

There are a few people who have contacted me via Facebook. I approve them, but I don't go out seeking the people I knew. I'm at least a decade removed from most of those people. I don't have any ill will or anything, but at this point the people I knew growing up are just not a part of my life. I'm sure if we met up we could have fun, but they would only be acquaintances, not friends.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 06:51:53 AM »

I moved around a fair bit during my life and lost track of everybody.  Or they moved away, or just got on my nerves eventually.  I don't have that "stay in touch" gene I'm afraid.  That was then, this is now. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 08:25:43 AM »

There are a few people who have contacted me via Facebook. I approve them, but I don't go out seeking the people I knew. I'm at least a decade removed from most of those people. I don't have any ill will or anything, but at this point the people I knew growing up are just not a part of my life. I'm sure if we met up we could have fun, but they would only be acquaintances, not friends.

I am in pretty much the same situation.  Maybe a little worse: I cannot say I remember much about having 'friends' in childhood.  There were people I remember playing with.  As for the few I spent time with in high school: even though I retain fondness for them, it was a long time ago and we've been on separate ways for far longer than we knew each other.  You really cannot go home again.   Bluesad  I am sure if we met up we'd have a pleasant time; I am not sure we'd make much effort to re-establish our relationships.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 08:39:13 AM »

I'm seriously glad that you two got married and are not living in shin together.  Wink Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 08:40:43 AM »

When Rhodesia became Zimbabwe in 1980, a lot of people fled the country and I lost a lot of my childhood friends then but have since found some of them on FaceBook.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 01:11:12 PM »

I haven't seen my childhood best friend in about 35 years . . . probably longer.  The last I heard (which was about 20 years ago) he was a sniper in the U.S. Army.  He got discharged at the end of his enlistment period, didn't like civilian life, and went back into the service.  Don't know where he is now.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 06:01:16 PM »

Nope. Moved around too much as a kid thanks to the military to form really strong bonds with any of my friends; and since most of my friends were military kids, too, and got moved all over the world, well...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 02:43:33 PM »

This makes me nervous about being a senior next year. Heck i'm already nervous about losing my friends that are graduating this year. Hopefully i'll be able to keep in touch with my friends.

Paquita

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »

I'm still best friends with my childhood best friend!  She lived 2 houses down from me and we started playing together when we were about 4.  She and her family moved to the suburbs when I was 8, but we both for some reason had no other friends, so we stayed in contact and would spend weekends together and go on family vacations with eachother almost every summer.  She just moved back to her old house last year, so we're still whoopin' it up!  And we still don't have many other friends!  I just bought us 2 drinking hats and I can't wait to use em! 

I've got another friend from high school that I'm still BFFs with too.  She's also got the can't make other friends syndrome.  Actually, she met her husband trying to set him up with me, and his best friend married my other best friend, so now I think we're all related.

I had one other friend that I don't talk to anymore.  She was the type that had a mountain of "best friends" and there was a situation at a party that burned me a little so we drifted apart after that and then she moved out of state and told me to e-mail her, which I thought was rude so I never did.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you still friends with your childhood best friend? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.