Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:23:08 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you still friends with your childhood best friend? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Are you still friends with your childhood best friend?  (Read 9073 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 04:11:49 PM »

Last time I spoke to my best childhood friend was 35 years ago, back in 1975.
I lived in Lebanon, NJ and he had 3 other brothers and 2 sisters.  I recently went back to visit his old home last year, and was re-united with his baby sister and one brother, as well as his mother.  His mother, I might add, instantly recognized my named after almost 40 years and ID'ed me as her one son's best friend. 
That blew me away.  His one sister and brother were somewhat skeptic until I refershed their memories with the places we used to play in, the people we hung out with, ect. It was OK then.  Smile 
Had I known the family was still there after all these years, I'd have NEVER lost touch with them. Hard to believe we're all in our 40's now. The mother and father just had their 50th anniversary too!
Anyhow, I've been desperately trying to contact my best buddy (have his address+phone) but he refuses to return the call. I spoke to his mother and she says she has no idea what the problem is.  I wish he'd get back to me, he was the best friend I ever had and I miss him a lot.  Bluesad

35 years?   Buggedout That's really sad. 

Sad, but true.  But it really jarred me that his mother remembered me after all those years, and that was really cool!  Smile

I have his phone number and I try to call him, but I don't know why he never returns my calls.  I guess some people change over the years, while some don't.

In many ways, while I'm up on the world, and work and have take my lumps and bruises like everyone else has to, I'm also light years behind my friends. 

I'm still knocking on their doors in the early morning hours, waiting for them to come out and play.

It's hard for me to realize that certain parts of my life (and certain people) are gone, never to return.  But I think we've all had to deal with that. You're never too old to have growing pains.. Bluesad

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
BTM

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 01:14:31 AM »

My two best friends in childhood were Doug and Todd.  One of the most devastating days of my life is when we moved from my hometown to Missouri.  I could post for hours on that, but let's just say I had a lot of trouble fitting in (and admittedly, there were things I did in response that didn't make it easier on myself.)

We sorta kept up over the years through mail and stuff, but I didn't hear from them for a good while.  Then I happened to move back to Southern Illinois and I looked up Doug.  Turns out he was still living in his old house.  We hung out a few times, but our personailities were kind of different now.  Eventually, he ended up abruptly moving, never did find out why exactly, even though I've since found and Friended him on Facebook.  I've asked him about it once or twice, but he's never directly answered me (or the question about how the rest of his family is doing.) 

So, I dunno.  Still read and sometimes comment on his updates, but that's about it.  Right or wrong, I get the feeling he doesn't really care to communicate with me anymore.

As for Todd, I managed to look him up on Myspace (BOY, did he look a lot different than I remember.)  He veriefied in his letter that we went to the same school I did but when I wrote him longer saying how I was, and talked a bit about some childhood memories, he didn't write back.  Tried again a few weeks later, still no answer, so, I just assumed he didn't want to keep in touch.

I have to admit, it kind of bums me out to think about it, really.  I'm a bit of sentimental person, and to paraphrase that line from Stand By Me, I've never had as good of friends as I did when I was a child. 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »

Yeah, he still lives with me to this day. It's hard to talk to him, though. He just barks in response.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »

I'm aware of my childhood friend, our fanmilies are close and I have wondered if I should contact her.  Otherwise, the next up is a high school friiend I have known for 23 years.  We talk once a week or so, and see each other every few montsh for fun and excitement.  He just got married and I was his best man.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you still friends with your childhood best friend? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.