Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:36:12 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ZUMBA DANCING « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ZUMBA DANCING  (Read 3390 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 08, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »

I've heard about this but never really knew what it was all about until I saw an infomercial on TV last night.  I foolishly thought it was some sort of fitness dancing based on tribal rituals or something.  It's actually fitness dancing based on a combination of dances (largely Latin style).  It combines stuff like salsa, tango, and samba for a total-body workout.  Anyone ever try it?  (I'm picturing myself wearing colorful tights . . . )

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »

Zumba is a growing trend over the past year when it comes to athletic routines. I don't personally do it but from those I know that do, it is immensely fun and a great workout.  If anything Burgo, you'd be one of few guys in the class so you could enjoy the "view".  Try not to wear spandex if you know what I mean. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
dean

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »

Zumba is getting reasonably huge here, for no real good reason.  My sister was telling me about it and it seemed funny to me that there is a dvd you can watch and zumba-away at home and for those people with not a lot of space there's a series of moves and steps you can do while pretty much standing in the one place.

How can you contain yourself when dancing I do not know.  Though I would love to see a metal version of zumba where people just throw themselves around a room and trash the place.  Lifting the TV up and throwing it out the window is bound to be good for you arms, and kicking lamps over may give you some nice strength to your upper thighs.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 11:51:03 AM »

My wife teaches ballet and jazz at a studio where they offer zumba.  Pretty sure she's done zumba a few times.  I'll ask her to drop in and share her thoughts about it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »

I've seen the Zumba ads as well.  Those presenters re just so darned perky, it makes me what to hurl.

As much as I'd like to try it, I couldn't be a part of something that makes me want to chuck heavy objects at the instructor  Lookingup

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ZUMBA DANCING « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.