Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:07:34 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Seattle school renames Easter eggs 'Spring Spheres' « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Seattle school renames Easter eggs 'Spring Spheres'  (Read 7352 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »

It's fear of political correctness.

I bet there is no actuall law about whats an Easter egg or not.
And I'm sure the teacher who told the woman to call them 'Spring Sphere's' thought it was just as stupid; and was covering her own hide. Which you can't blame her. You only have to read newspapers to see the stupid things people will sue over and a school can't afford to be sued.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 10:51:33 PM »

Reminds me of that old BLOOM COUNTY  cartoon punchline:

"Oh my gosh!!! LIFE IS OFFENSIVE!!!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »

To the people whao doesn't want to use Easter Eggs

yeah no.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 07:25:46 AM »

Spring spheres. It's so utterly lame, I'm amazed anyone could do it with a straight face. It's self-parody. That they can't see how ridiculous it is - that's what blows me away.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 12:02:29 AM »

A sophomore at a local private high school thinks an effort to make Easter politically correct is ridiculous.
What does Easter have to do with being politically correct at all? what's next, Halloween will have to be called "Dress up as a freak" day? when will these people learn? oh wait, they don't learn because their way is legit, not say the FRIGGEN LOGICAL WAY! Hatred what a bunch of bozos.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »

BounceGiggle  "Spring spheres"   BounceGiggle 
That's silly. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »

Calling it politically correct is just a cop out. What ever happened to just calling something stupid or bulls**t. It's like the concept I've heard of blaming the vanishing of Western civilization on a conspiracy of cultural Marxism to undermine our country through cultural diversity. It's just a convenient target for people who can't think for themselves. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that, but because somebody said "cultural Marxism" or "political correctness" it becomes a scapegoat for people to blame their problems or dissatisfaction with life on.

"Spring spheres" is just plain stupid, and if the parents of those children had any values or balls at all they would be doing whatever they could to get rid of that ludicrous teacher. Either walk the walk or shut the f**k up and stop giving me the "politically correct" cop out response.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Seattle school renames Easter eggs 'Spring Spheres' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.