Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:53:20 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Laughing till you cry? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Laughing till you cry?  (Read 5693 times)
Dr. Strangelove
« on: April 16, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »

What scenes on TV shows make you laugh till you literally cry?

I just had one, it was watching a "Married with children" episode, it was the one where marcy had to learn to speak in public, and the only way she could was to imagine having sex while speaking. After seeing her have an orgasm during a speech at her bank, peggy said " So that's what one looks like!" and al suffered impotence.

The scene that really had me laughing till I was literally crying was near the end, when jefferson and marcy were on either side of the couch from al, talking about having sex together while al was trapped in the middle, and he did this silent facial expression of misery and horror as they talked about doing each other and marcy getting naked.

Ed O'neil's facial expressions, alrternating between sheer misery and utter horror have me laughing hard now just remember the scene. I literally had tears running down m,u cheeks and had to struggle to keep my eyes open as I watched.

So what scenes are so funny that you laugh till you cry?
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:33:40 AM »

If we're talking "Married With Children," the episode where Bud was having sex with his teacher had me in tears. At the end of that episode the teacher had been replaced with a septugenarian, which is where Al storms in and brings the whole thing to a head.

Funniest thing I've seen on television, Newsradio "Super Karate Monkey Death Car." Basic set-up, Jimmy James has a biography fail in America, but it's Japanese translation is a huge success in Japan. So he has the Japanese version re-translated back into American. Engrish at it's finest.

Small | Large

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:14:27 AM »

The Married With Children (again!) episode where Steve won't shave his beard off, so he ends up living at the Bundy's. Al does all he can to get Steve to keep the beard as he's been doing all the cooking and housework, but Steve's missing Marcy. Al turns to him and says "Steve, you have a beard, and a family to take care of." Then pulls out a picture of Peg's mother so that he won't get horny.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »

There are some scenes from All in the Family that had me laughing uncontrollably. Many of them had to do with Archie and Meathead's interactions.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:30:40 PM »

Not a sitcom, but the first time I saw Bill Cosby's HIMSELF I laughed so hard I fell off the couch.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »

The episodes with Archie in or visiting the hospital usually crack me up on All in the Family.

I laugh my head off at the following shows: Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served?, The Big Bang Theory, The Young Ones, Bottom, Three's Company, The Golden Girls, Seinfeld, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Abbott and Costello Show, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island and The Three Stooges.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:35:01 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 04:30:31 AM »

I laugh my head off at the following shows:
Bottom,

Bottom has me in stitches everytime I watched it. Even if I've seen whatever episode it is about a dozen times. My favourites were the one with the gas man, where Richie & Eddie think they've accidentally killed him when he comes to read the meter. I think I remember them sticking a fork in his leg and trying to eat him and cellotaping him to the ceiling to hide the body. I also nearly keel over during the Halloween episode where the guys make a deadly home brew, try to conjure up Satan and have giant flames shooting out of their butts! 
BounceGiggle

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 07:24:30 AM »

I laugh my head off at the following shows:
Bottom,

Bottom has me in stitches everytime I watched it. Even if I've seen whatever episode it is about a dozen times. My favourites were the one with the gas man, where Richie & Eddie think they've accidentally killed him when he comes to read the meter. I think I remember them sticking a fork in his leg and trying to eat him and cellotaping him to the ceiling to hide the body. I also nearly keel over during the Halloween episode where the guys make a deadly home brew, try to conjure up Satan and have giant flames shooting out of their butts! 
BounceGiggle

Definitely the Bottom ep where they go out on Halloween.  That cattle prod thing just kills me every tinme.  I can't breathe and I nearly choke.  BounceGiggle

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »

Not a sitcom, but the first time I saw Bill Cosby's HIMSELF I laughed so hard I fell off the couch.

I did the same. I saw it recently on cable for the first time in many years and did it again.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »

The Bottom episode with the Halloween costumes (with Richard Richard dressed as a devil) had me nearly fall on the floor laughing. The "Bomb" episode of "The Young Ones" had me keeled over too with Vyvyan using Rick's ketchup on his cereal because well there's an atom bomb fell in front of the fridge. "The kettle killed itself rather than be used by me" - Neil and with Vyvyan eating the tele to avoid the TV tax man... in another episode Vyvyan tries to throw a TV out a set window only for it to bounce back at him "That I did not expect"..

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 01:29:32 PM »

Small | Large

So true....

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »

My favorite 'Young Ones' moment would have to be in the episode 'Bambi' (I believe), where they all come downstairs and they've all switched characters, basically doing impressions of each other.  They do a scene like that, then switch back, with no explanation ever given.  Makes me crack up just thinking about it - such a great show!

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »

All In The Family- Archie pantomimes loading a pistol and blowing his brains out while Edith talks incessantly about nothing in general.

Many scenes from Night Court but I can't think of one right now.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 09:14:26 PM »

Sanford And Son...this particular scene.
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »

This sequence from ALL IN THE FAMILY:

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Laughing till you cry? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.