Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:05:47 AM
714254 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Predators (Spoilers) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predators (Spoilers)  (Read 2912 times)
Mean Machine
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:55:47 AM »

All in all I liked predators and thought it was a good break from the last couple movies. (I never even saw "requiem", the ads were so bad.)

It was an all in all nice if routine break from the movies, as in they create something big and bad and impresive in the first movie, then bring in something bigger, badder and more impressive in the later movies.

There were some issues I had, but they were minor, overhtinking the movie ones. Like, in the beginning a guy falls to his death when his chute doesn't open. Uh, hello? Anyone want to check him for weapons and ammo since you've got limited supplies? Oh, guess not. Gee, it might have gotten the whiney con to stop whining about only having a shiv.

BTW, where did the preds get a convicted murderer who was only days from execution? I assume he was in a prison from his uniform, and on death row if he was just a few days from execution. I don't remember hearing he escaped, so how did the preds get him?

Likewise, how'd the preds know that the doctor was in fact a serial killer and a predator himself? Do they have predator vision that lets them see predators of other races?

Thinking on it, I wonder if the preds had a deal with the government? Maybe the government gives them some people, like death row inmates with no relatives or anything, and even gives them serial killers the FBI knows about but haven't caught yet or gotten enough evidence on to convict. That might explain how the preds got those two, especially since one was in prison, one assumes, and the other was not an obvious predator.

As to the fact it was set on a predator game preserve world, I wonder if the black preds maybe had something that kept them from hunting on alien worlds like the classic preds did? Immunity system disorder? Allergies? Something that made them less tolerant towards alien world conditions? Maybe. It wasn't explained.

I was also surprised no one claimed the movie was racist. Between Lawrence Fishburn's role and the fact the black preds were more savage and less honorable than the originals, I was really expecting to see this movie called racist by someone, somewhere.

Speaking of Fishburne, did the preds decide he was too ugly to take his head when they pulped him? I thought taking trophies was their thing. Likewise why'd fishbrne, who'd survived for at least some years in that environment, suddenly forget his cloak, gun, armor, etc?

Not a bad movie, had a few warts. Really didn't need everything the preds did to have an "energy flash" around it, we know their tech's advanced, no need for anime style energy flashes every time a pred uses his gear.

I'd kind of like to see an old fashioned crossover, maybe, with a pred going hunting in deroit city and running into a reboot of "Robocop".

Now that could be good if they rebooted robocop right...
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:16:38 AM »

I thought it was very enjoyable, but too similar to the first film. After two mediocre AvP movies it feels like a sensible return to basics, but when you think it was originally written as a direct sequel to the first Predator movie... that wouldn't have worked.

I liked the slow pace (between this one and "Armored" I'm starting to like this director), and the script balances seriousness and the pulp-ish elements (specially Laurence Fisburne's character) well enough. Even the weiord casting choice of Adrien Brody as an action hero works well.

There is one moment, though, when I just laughed out loud: Brody's beefcake moment at the end. He clearly has done his homework and worked out, but his sight barechested and covered in mud draws inevitable comparisons to Arnold's iconic images ant the end of the original film. And just the way I can't picture Arnold in "The Pianist", those images reminded me at the wrost moment that Brody doesn't belong here either.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
venomx
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 07:26:14 AM »

IMO, the ending sucked. Wink
Mean Machine
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:45:52 AM »

I will say something amazing about this movie, it actually made me almost a little sorry michael jackson had croaked.

I mean, I could have seen a beautiful ad parody for this called "Predators. Starring Michale Jackson. Directed by Roman Polanski."

Jack Slater
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 01:52:51 AM »

Can't say I was competely disapointed. It gave me enough to chew on for a fun ride. Although the film took way too much from the original and the original ideas it did have failed to compel me. The ending was silly espically when Brody went topless.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 11:48:34 AM »

the only thing I didn't really like about it was that Tropher Grace's character pretends to be a good guy and when it is revealed that he is a douche his character is killed literally seconds later.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 12:01:46 PM »

I thought it sucked.  The first two acts were rehashing setpieces from the first movie, then the ending was rushed and extremely unsatisfying.  The "super Predators" were also fools and wimps.  Predators pretty much killed off any remaining coolness the Predators had as movie monsters.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Predators (Spoilers) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.