Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:58:19 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Game of Thrones « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 7070 times)
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 18, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »

Has anyone seen the new HBO series, Game of Thrones? It's based on the books by George RR martin. I don't have HBO and I was wondering if it was any good. I suppose I could find a review of it somewhere but this website is a pretty sound resource oh these matters. Smile

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:07:53 AM »

No, but I've always wanted to play the board game:

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:07:34 AM »

I watched the first episode. I'll be continuing to check it out. I'm not sure about it yet. I hope it's good. It all depends on if the characters portrayed will translate to be compelling enough. I've never read the books.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Cthulhu

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 04:04:19 PM »

I've seen the first epiode, and so far, it's awesome.
I recommend it.
hudders
Excuse me while I waffle.
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »

Just watched the first episode. It's good enough to go back for more.  Thumbup
Hammock Rider

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »

Thanks.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 10:10:40 AM »

I watched the second episode last night. I liked the first episode somewhat but I'm starting to lose interest. It seems like a good show to those who have read the books, because I can't follow everything. The only character I'm interested in is the smart dwarf. I'll give it another couple of episodes. I was pretty lethargic after a busy Easter Sunday with family and maybe that had something to do with it.

Hammock Rider

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »

I watched the second episode last night. I liked the first episode somewhat but I'm starting to lose interest. It seems like a good show to those who have read the books, because I can't follow everything. The only character I'm interested in is the smart dwarf. I'll give it another couple of episodes. I was pretty lethargic after a busy Easter Sunday with family and maybe that had something to do with it.

The smart dwarf is one of the most interesting characters. if it seems to be starting out slowly, it might be because there is a lot of story to set up. If it's even half as good as the books you should definitely give it a few more episodes at least.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »

The smart dwarf is one of the most interesting characters. if it seems to be starting out slowly, it might be because there is a lot of story to set up. If it's even half as good as the books you should definitely give it a few more episodes at least.

Episode 3 was a little more interesting. I'm still having some trouble following everything, however.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »

The entire first season of the show is out on DVD now, and I have spent the last few nights watching all the episodes.  It does follow the books very closely, and I really liked that about it.  The casting has been very solid; Sean Bean is excellent as Eddard Stark, the young actress who plays Danerys Targeryon is both beautiful and very talented, and the fellow who plays Tirion the Dwarf (known as "The Imp" to his enemies) nails the role beautifully!

On top of that, the violence is incredibly gruesome (featuring the first horse decapitation scene I have ever beheld in any film), and, being HBO, most episodes feature at least some nudity.  But it's the story that makes this series, and if you have never read the books, you ought to.

But be warned - don't get too attached to any one character!  None of them are safe!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 04:04:13 PM »

Just finished season one in less than a week and holy crap, this is one awesome show! 
I've already picked up season two from the local library. 

The first couple of episodes from season one are kind of hard to get into but stick with it.  It gets much better.

So far I give Game of Thrones 4.5 out of 5 stars and two huge  Thumbup  Thumbup

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 08:58:49 PM »

Sometime this summer I plan on getting the seasons on DVD to catch up.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Game of Thrones « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.