Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:43:49 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Top 7 Scariest Stories that I've Ever Heard of « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 7 Scariest Stories that I've Ever Heard of  (Read 9893 times)
gerecter
New Visitor

« on: April 19, 2011, 05:07:00 AM »

If you have any new scary story that you recently heard of, please tell me. I like scary stories and I like to collect them.

I've got some old ones here. they were collected from my old posts in other forum. All these stories gained their urban-legend-like popularity in 90s of Korea and Japan. (Especially the last one. EVERYBODY in Korea knows the story.)

There was a middle school student. He worked really hard on his school study. But, it was really difficult to get high score to enter the private high school of his dream. He tried everything he could do. And finally, he went to a local shaman who was famous for her fortune telling and other small mysterious skills. The shaman gave him a mysterious writing and told him to get a head of a cat, and throw it into an abandoned toilet in a construction site. And the shaman said, "While you are throwing a head of a cat, do not turn on the light, and do never see what is in that toilet." The student thought that was ridiculous but worth trying. At least it did not cost much. The student killed a stray cat, got the head, and threw it to the toilet.

After that, he got a good score and did a good job on his exam. It could be a coincidence, but anyway he entered the high school that he really wanted.

3 years later, he was, now, working on his college entrance exam. It was very hard too. He worried about its difficulty. But he so wanted to enter the college, that he went to the shaman, once again. The shaman told him to get a head of a dog, and throw it into the same toilet. He felt a little scared, but he did it. And he entered the college.

A few years later, he was working on a law school. It was even harder. He worried again. He went to the shaman, again. This time, the shaman told him to get a head of a new born baby, and throw it into the same toilet. He thought it was wrong. He did not to do it at first. But he failed to enter the law school and he tried once again, but he failed again. After several failures, finally, he decided to get a head of a new born baby. He went to a hospital, stole a dead baby and got the head of the baby.

In the dark space of the abandoned toilet, he felt bad. He was about to throw the head. It was the most scary moment of his life. He threw it, and tried to run out of the place. It was too scary to hold for a moment more. He was in hurry, and accidentally, he touched the light bulb switch on the wall. Now he could suddenly see everything. At the floor, there was that shaman who had hid in the darkness, and her mouth was wide open to upward direction.

There was a girl. She was a ballerina. She really loved her job. But she got cancer. She was about to die. She tried  to overcome her cancer. She was suffered from all the medical treatments on her. But everything failed. She was dying. Only a few weeks were left. Her mother was sad. Her mother felt pity for her. Her mother daydreamed her dancing on the stage, like before. But all the medical science said it was impossible. The ballerina was just lying on her bed. She was waiting for her death. She was too weak to move a thing.

Her mother finally went to a local shaman, and paid some money to get any sort of superstitious solution. Local shaman gave her mysterious writing. After a while, one day, the mother heard the strange sound from the ballerina's room. The mother went to her daughter's room. What the mother saw was a dance. Her daughter was dancing. Not in a good shape, not with her best skill, but her daughter was dancing, moving all around her room. It was like a dream. The mother cried in this miraculous happiness. The mother thought that this could be the last dance of her daughter. She took some photos of her.

A week later, the ballerina died. The mother missed her. She developed the photos. In the photos, what she could see was a ghost seized the ballerina by the hair, pulling and swinging all around.

A college girl received a box from mail. There was nothing written on the package. She could not find who sent it and why sent it. She took the box to her laboratory. There were some of her friends and colleagues. She unpacked  the box in front of them. It was a videocassette. Everybody now felt curious about the videocassette. They put the cassette into a VCR, and watched it.

What they saw was a stranger, dancing in a room. The dance was so crazy and insane. The dance was long. It was endless. It was endless crazy dance. Some guys laughed. But the girl who received it began to cry in terror. She said in her terrified voice.

"That is my room."

About 5 or 6 years ago, I went to a vacation spot, which is not much famous, but known to local people. After looking around the place for a day, I found my car did not work somehow. I had to stay there for the night. It was vacation season, and there were people all over the hotels and the motels which looked good. I could not get a room. Finally I found an old, dusty, and cheap motel, where only few people were staying. I could not find anywhere else. I decided to stay there just for one night.

Unpacking my stuff, lying on the bed, I suddenly discovered there was a disturbing stain-like-thing on the wall. I looked at it more carefully. It was a hole on the wall.

"There is a peeping hole."

I said to myself, realizing the humbleness of this place once again. Anyway, I was curious and I put my eye onto the hole, and saw.

I could see the other side, other person's room. Actually, I could see very well. Even though I could not see exactly who was staying there, it looked like there was someone. It could be a woman. I could not sure. But I thought this might be a good chance to see something very interesting. I smiled. I took my eye off the wall and tried to come back to my bed. But just a moment after I detached my eye from the wall,

A sharp pointed gimlet suddenly came through the hole for a dozen times.

There was a college student. He was quite a heavy drinker. He loved to drink for hours and hours. One day, when he was really drunk, he saw a strange eerie woman, walking with a limp. After that, he saw her again for a several times. He realized he saw this strange person every time he drank liquor. In front of the bar, at the subway station, on the street to his house, in the elevator, he saw this person with a limp. It was really weird.

He once met a fortune teller, and he told that he saw this person with a limp. The fortune teller replied in terrified voice, "Drinking will kill you. Do not drink anymore." and ran away from him. He felt even stranger, but he thought his drinking was too heavy anyway, and stop drinking could be a good choice for his health. Then, he stopped drinking.

A few years later, he got a job and he got married. For all those time, there were nothing peculiar happened to him. After the wedding and the honeymoon trip, he went to his office to work. The people in the office congratulated him on his marriage. They suggested a few drinks after the work. He said "no" at first, but they urged. He thought, "just a few light drinks do not do any harm, and what the fortune teller said was just a superstition." Then, he had a few drinks. On the way home, he felt a little scared. What the fortune teller said kept on hitting on his head. He ran through the street. Fortunately, nothing happened on his way home.

He felt relieved when he arrived at his house. He opened the door and walked into his room. And he saw his wife who was approaching him with her psychotic face, and with a limp.

There was a poor guy. He really worked hard, but he suffered from poverty. He thought his job was insanely difficult and insanely boring. He thought he had repeated bad luck and a series of misfortunes. He felt abandoned. He felt like "the entire world hates me". He felt like he could not find any tiny quantity of the happiness in his life.

One night, on his way home, at around the midnight, after a hard work, like everyday, he saw a distant scenery. He saw an apartment building. There was a window in an apartment room.

He saw a woman there. He could not see the exactly what she looked like, but he thought she was beautiful. She was dancing. She was dancing to a slow song. He could not hear actual music, but her dance looked so peaceful. She was moving from left to right and from right to left, with very fluent, seamless steps. It was like flying. He thought it was really wonderful. He thought this beautiful dance was great comfort for him. After that night, on his way home, he could see her dancing, every night. It was the same dance every night, and he could not see the exact figure of her, but he really loved the moment of seeing her dance. It was his only one happy moment that he could get after everyday's hard work. Eventually he fell in love with her.

He finally decided to meet her and to tell her how much her dance meant to him. He went to the apartment. In front of the door, he felt really nervous and excited. He knocked. There was no answer. The door was opened. He stepped into the door.

What he saw was a lonely, abandoned, dead body of a woman hanged by the neck. Every time the night breeze blew, her body swayed, from left to right, and from right to left.

There was a boy. He lived in a apartment building. Every time he was alone in the elevator, he felt scared without any specific reason. Sometimes, he felt like someone was whispering. Sometimes, he felt like someone staring at him from the back. Because of this eerie feeling, he hated to be in the elevator, especially in night time.

Because this boy was too scared of the elevator, one night, his mom was wating in front of the elevator. He was overjoyed at seeing his mom. In the elevator, the boy said to his mom, "Mom is with me, and I am not scared any more". After door closing, elevator began to move, and mom said,

"You think I am your mom?"
claws
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »

Dunno, there seems to be many things wrong with story six.
Not only was he able to see that she was a woman behind a window at night with no light, he also thought she was dancing even though she was swinging side to side hanging from a rope (how anybody could mistake that for "dancing" is beyond me). Unless the window was actually open for a draft to move the stiff body, I don't see how her body could have actually moved anyway. I imagine it takes a little more than just a summer's breeze to swing a dead body in an apartment.
And of course nobody looked at the window during day time  Bluesad
gerecter
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »

You are right. That is why this is just urban legend. But the last thing that you mentioned is an exception. It actually means she is so abandoned and nobody cares about her. The only person recognizes her existence is one poor lonely guy.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 05:02:29 AM »

Those stories were pretty freaky and I enjoyed them, thank you.  But I don't have any of my own to add Bluesad

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 05:07:18 AM »

The scariest story that I have ever read is that a certain South African's underpants may actually be clean.  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 03:53:58 AM »

I've always liked this one short little pseudo-story Guillermo Del Toro once used in an interview when someone asked him how he defines "horror. It's only two sentences, but it has quite a bit oomph, I think, just because it's simplicity, and the way in which, I agree, it does do a rather good job of defining the horror genre.

"The last man on Earth sits alone in his room. Suddenly, there's a knock at the door."

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Cthulhu

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »

Great, stories man, they gave me the creeps.

"The last man on Earth sits alone in his room. Suddenly, there's a knock at the door."

This one also blew my mind.

Now, I came across this story on the web, and it blew me away.
THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.
"So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?"

Alright, the above story was a joke, here are some other stories that really are creepy.

"One school day, a boy named Tom was sitting in class and doing math. It was six more minutes until after school. As he was doing his homework, something caught his eye.

His desk was next to the window, and he turned and looked to the grass outside. It looked like a picture. When school was over, he ran to the spot where he saw it. He ran fast so that no one else could grab it.

He picked it up and smiled. It had a picture of the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She had a dress with tights on and red shoes, and her hand was formed into a peace sign.

She was so beautiful he wanted to meet her, so he ran all over the school and asked everyone if they knew her or have ever seen her before. But everyone he asked said “No.” He was devastated.

When he was home, he asked his older sister if she knew the girl, but unfortunately she also said “No.” It was very late, so Tom walked up the stairs, placed the picture on his bedside table and went to sleep.

In the middle of the night Tom was awakened by a tap on his window. It was like a nail tapping. He got scared. After the tapping he heard a giggle. He saw a shadow near his window, so he got out of his bed, walked toward his window, opened it up and followed the giggling. By the time he reached it, it was gone.

The next day again he asked his neighbors if they knew her. Everybody said, “Sorry, no.” When his mother came home he even asked her if she knew her. She said “No.” He went to his room, placed the picture on his desk and fell asleep.

Once again he was awakened by a tapping. He took the picture and followed the giggling. He walked across the road, when suddenly he got hit by a car. He was dead with the picture in his hand.

The driver got out of the car and tried to help him, but it was too late. Suddenly he saw the picture and picked it up.

He saw a cute girl holding up three fingers."

Sarah O'Bannon

Coffins used to be built with holes in them, attached to six feet of copper tubing and a bell. The tubing would allow air for victims buried under the mistaken impression they were dead. In a certain small town Harold, the local gravedigger, upon hearing a bell one night, went to go see if it was children pretending to be spirits. Sometimes it was also the wind. This time, it wasn't either. A voice from below begged and pleaded to be unburied.

"Are you Sarah O'Bannon?" Harold asked.

"Yes!" The muffled voice asserted.

"You were born on September 17, 1827?"

"Yes!"

"The gravestone here says you died on February 20, 1857."

"No, I'm alive, it was a mistake! Dig me up, set me free!"

"Sorry about this, ma'am," Harold said, stepping on the bell to silence it and plugging up the copper tube with dirt. "But this is August. Whatever you are down there, you sure as hell ain't alive no more, and you ain't comin' up."

The Statue

A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children. Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn't watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn't want children watching too much garbage). So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent's room. Of course, the parents said it was OK, but the babysitter had one final request… she asked if she could cover up the angel statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, at the very least close the blinds, because it made her nervous. The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, "..Take the children and get out of the house…we will call the police. We do not have an angel statue." The police found all three of the house occupants dead within ten minutes of the call. No statue was found.
Cthulhu

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »

Here's another funny one:

"Change For A Dollar"

The next time you make a purchase, hand the clerk a $1 bill and ask her to make change. She will hand you back a number of coins, several of which bear the likenesses of long dead historical figures.

and another one

Once, there was a boy who loved to read. He read everything he could get his hands on, and loved going to his favorite book store. One day, the boy realized he had read everything the store had to offer. He confronted the owner, and asked him if he had anything the boy had never checked out. The owner said why, yes, I do, and pulled out a book called “Death”. He gladly sold it to the boy at a discounted price of $50. However, he warned the boy, never to read the front page.

Well, the boy returned to his house and read the book, and he was content. However, he always wondered, what could be on that front page, it was always in the back of his mind. One day, the temptation was too much for the boy, and he flipped to the very front of the book, and dropped the book in HORROR. There, in bold print, was MSRP $6.99.
claws
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:50:27 AM »

BounceGiggle
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Top 7 Scariest Stories that I've Ever Heard of « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.