Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:23:31 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are men more giving than women? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Are men more giving than women?  (Read 6868 times)
cowofzot
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »

As to your question, should be obvious, they are more interested in receiving than giving. Thread title gave it away.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »

Off Topic

Just wondering, as I just noticed the bad humor thread, who was the girl who locked that thread? I've told worse on here...lots worse...many times.

Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »

As to your question, should be obvious, they are more interested in receiving than giving. Thread title gave it away.

You keep using the term 'they' when referring to women.

Sorry, but this is blatantly misogynistic. You take your hatred of women as fact and then look for something to justify it.

When you brought up this discussion, you got contrary opinions.

The thing is you won't answer what your issue is.

I'll ask it again, since you brought it up...

What is your issue with women?

cowofzot
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »

Er, no. Your silly effort at Psychology labeling is funny.

If you want to expand on the theme, to include "women are harder to get along with" one could go with Chrissie Hynde's comment when asked why she never used female musicians in her band; Too much brain damage, I can't deal with it. Or watch a Bangles or Vixen or Go Go's behind the music bio. Fought each other into the ground & they admit it.

Don't get me wrong, I love em, but learning management skills & trauma preventititve psychology is highly advisable in this realm. They do more important work than men do, that being having-raising-nurturing children, but they often come with stickers & learning all about that is worth one's time & effort.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »

If you want to expand on the theme, to include "women are harder to get along with" one could go with Chrissie Hynde's comment when asked why she never used female musicians in her band; Too much brain damage, I can't deal with it. Or watch a Bangles or Vixen or Go Go's behind the music bio. Fought each other into the ground & they admit it.

Don't get me wrong, I love em, but learning management skills & trauma preventititve psychology is highly advisable in this realm. They do more important work than men do, that being having-raising-nurturing children, but they often come with stickers & learning all about that is worth one's time & effort.

Again you skirt the question (pun intended).

What you just wrote is exactly what you have been doing, justifying your own misogyny by trying to find examples which support it.

Men and women are not products outside of their realms; neither is an island to themselves. In a traditionally male dominated society over years, men and women are not the same, but that is not biological; but your issues with women look at it that way.

Of course, as is fair, you are not an island yourself, so there is a reason why you feel this way.

If you want to talk about it, if you want a shoulder to lean on, let me know...

...I'll be happy to find someone else.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »

cowofzot, you're new here and I suggest you may want to drop this topic.  When you've got a guy with "show us your boobs" as his signature accusing you of being misogynistic, you may want to rethink your position.

I don't know who locked the other topic but your posts have brought you negative attention twice in your short time with us.  I suggest you stick to discussing bad movies, which you have an obvious passion for.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »

When you've got a guy with "show us your boobs" as his signature accusing you of being misogynistic, you may want to rethink your position.

You just have a knack for words; I'm going to put that in my favorite quotes on Facebook. TeddyR

cowofzot
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »

True enough Rev, best to ignore a poster who calls me a serial killer in the making & a women hater. Degrading a thread with immature jibes like that aren't worth responding to. I posted it really as a bit of a joke to see where it might go. It's been a subject that's gone the rounds in one of my social circles lately & I thought I might send it in another direction & see where it goes.

As to how I feel & there being a reason for it yes, read the Prof Gottman study I posted. It's called reality.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 03:01:13 PM »

As to how I feel & there being a reason for it yes, read the Prof Gottman study I posted. It's called reality.

Oh sheesh...what are you, all of 13?

It's not reality, it's all your jaded sight sees and will ever see; so long as that is all you are looking to see.

There is no reality in what you have been saying, there is simply is someone's own personal prejudice looking to justify it.

We do have many female members of this forum, and none of them are any less than any of the male members. If all that you are looking to do is spread your narrow-minded view of women around, you may want to go somewhere else and do it.

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »

Men are more willing to have sex, while women are more interested in shopping, which is a more selfish activity.
Gosh this sounds like something a 13 year old would say.

gender has nothing to do with selfishness. All humans are selfish.

Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »

There is no reason to keep posting in this thread.
cowofzot is either stubborn and misygonistic, or 12. Maybe both.
Either way, he won't admit he's wrong.

It all comes down to persons.
You can't generalize like that.

Yes I can.

Next.
Wait, I'm confused. I'm on your side. Question
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »

This thread is closed, it really isn't going anywhere.  Cowofzot, I'd reconsider posting something like this in the future.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are men more giving than women? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.